• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

besada

Banned
Tom King is really bringing it on Vision at Marvel and Sheriff of Babylon at DC/Vertigo. The entire Vertigo line is pretty good, but the first issue of Sheriff of Babylon sizzles off the page. Murder and intrigue in the Green Zone. Hell, yes.

Vision was a creepy pleasure again, and next issue promises to be pretty interesting, as it seems clear Virginia is going off or has gone off the rails.

Speaking of Vertigo, Unfollow, whose first issue was just unbounded craziness, starts of the second with full frontal penis.

Tizoc

All New Inhumans #1
...Why is Gorgon fat? Why are Inhumans the new Mutants?
Friggin' hell Marvel

I'ma go read Jae Lee and Paul Jenkins' Inhumans TPB so I can try and flush this issue out of my mind....

All Star Section 8 Finale
So wait was 6 pack dead or did supes find him lying out, and called 911 for him after leaving his cape on him to keep him warm?

Robin War #1
The Gray Son? Really? REALLY?
Also can the Court stop wearing suits every damn time they look so uninspired...

Cho Time Hulk #1
Eh too much dialog for my taste.
Isn't that bad though all things considered.

Vision #2
Slow issue but good overall.

James Bond #2
Fantastic issue.

SW #13
Good issue, hope those two dullard droids are gone for good.
R2 with the timing, he's really grown to be one of my fav. SW characters.

Forever Evil

Honestly, my favorite event I've read, next to Infinity.

The chemistry between Luthor's gang is just fantastic. Each member brings something, and there's no shortage of badassery here.

I vote for a Black Manta and Captain Cold buddy series. Or a Sinestro and Black Adam one.

black-manta-takes-out-shadow-thief.jpg

black-manta-kills-the-outsider-2.jpg

how-captain-cold-defeated-johnny-quick.jpg

how-captain-cold-defeated-johnny-quick-2.jpg

sinestro-and-black-adam-vs-mazahs-1.jpg

And in typical Johns fashion, setting up the next arc (Darkseid War) in a big way. I'm glad I read this event, as it continues my Justice League reading and gives me a nice bridge to Grayson. Though I didn't need said bridge, I'm glad I took it.

DC does villain teams so well that they've made it an art form on its own.

A question I have now though:
Can Luthor use "Mazahs" to increase his own power, or did that only work BECAUSE of Alexander Luthor? I'm curious. because if he can and he doesn't, then fuck. He's the most potentially OP character.

Tizoc

I just spent the last hour putting together my new (pink/purple colored) book shelf.
Gonna go put some books into it and then I'll take snapshots.

Tizoc

Pics of my bookshelf incoming~

Between Batman Vs Superman and the PS2 Emulation Thread, NeoGAF is currently the worst.

Dragon Quest Heroes on Steam is a good port
Psychonauts 2 hype
JOJO ANIME PART 4 HYPE

GUTS GOT OFF THE FUCKING BOAT

There's lots to be positive about if you just look at the right place~

Mindwipe

So the Amazon assimiliation of CMX happened.

I kinda would have much preferred to retain my CMX logon as a separate username and password.

That does mean the shitty quality Kindle books will be merged into CMX though. I might even be able to read Suicide Squad now.

That manga collection is lookin a little weak Tizoc. And why aren't you buying the 3-1 editions of Dragon Ball? It's a good deal and a faster way to read through the long story arcs.

Tizoc

That manga collection is lookin a little weak Tizoc. And why aren't you buying the 3-1 editions of Dragon Ball? It's a good deal and a faster way to read through the long story arcs.

Didn't know those existed.
Thing is I got a few of those years ago, so when I was doing a check of my book collection a few months ago I noticed I was missing a few volumes.
I could end up selling those and getting the 3-in-1 volumes though.

Tom King is really bringing it on Vision at Marvel and Sheriff of Babylon at DC/Vertigo. The entire Vertigo line is pretty good, but the first issue of Sheriff of Babylon sizzles off the page. Murder and intrigue in the Green Zone. Hell, yes.

Vision was a creepy pleasure again, and next issue promises to be pretty interesting, as it seems clear Virginia is going off or has gone off the rails.

Speaking of Vertigo, Unfollow, whose first issue was just unbounded craziness, starts of the second with full frontal penis.

King's become one of my favorite writers in very short order. He's got range, and a hell of a lot of talent.

Any chance you're reading The Omega Men?

Robin War #1
The Gray Son? Really? REALLY?
Also can the Court stop wearing suits every damn time they look so uninspired...

What on earth are they supposed to wear?

shingi70

Banned
Man why hasn't Marvel or DC tries to make a prison series that take place at the Raft or Iron Heights.

Spidey: Art flubs aside I really liked it. It gave a a spectular Spider-man Vibe with just a hint of Ultimate Spider-man. I'm confused if this is supposed to be a Zero Yearing of Pete's early days or if this is supposed to be in line with the Lee/Ditko stuff.

ANADA: I found this to be pretty paint by the numbers, I'm not sure if the getting the band together needed to be more than two issues. Not sure I'm liking the pushing of Nova X Kamela but I guess its not the obvious miles X Kamela. I'll give Waid some more time but my thoughts are why isn't this just Young Avengers.

All New Inhumans: I like this first issue a bit more than Uncanny. Like Inhuman this is pulling double duty between a X-men style world that hates us book and the royal family stuff. I'm wondering if the skyspears are what lineage wanted warned about and how cyclops died.

Tizoc

King's become one of my favorite writers in very short order. He's got range, and a hell of a lot of talent.

Any chance you're reading The Omega Men?

What on earth are they supposed to wear?

I thnk what I'm going at is how uninspired their design is. People in suits or dresses+mask.
I've gotten bored of them by now :/

I thnk what I'm going at is how uninspired their design is. People in suits or dresses+mask.
I've gotten bored of them by now :/

That's kinda the point, isn't it? They're not some crazy cult. Or, well, they are some crazy cult, but they have pretensions (and claim on) class. They're the old money crowd, weaponized.

Finally got around to actually reading Sheriff of Babylon #1. Ending was very abrupt, but otherwise it's shaping up into quite the excellent little thriller. I know the artist's reputation around here is... not good, but he does some dynamite work here. Colors complement everything beautifully as well. And of course Tom King is Tom King. Strong recommendation to all and sundry.

Finally got around to actually reading Sheriff of Babylon #1. Ending was very abrupt, but otherwise it's shaping up into quite the excellent little thriller. I know the artist's reputation around here is... not good, but he does some dynamite work here. Colors complement everything beautifully as well. And of course Tom King is Tom King. Strong recommendation to all and sundry.

Personally, Im not picking the title up nor do I intend to in the future but for those who like it, this sktchd feature with Gerads is probably something you would really enjoy

Xis

I kinda would have much preferred to retain my CMX logon as a separate username and password.

That does mean the shitty quality Kindle books will be merged into CMX though. I might even be able to read Suicide Squad now.

This is huge news to me! I bought a bunch of comics on my Kindle. Checking now, only some of them transferred though:

These merged OK:

Fables vol. 1-4
Fantastic Four by Hickman vol. 1-4
Lucifer vol. 1
Planetary vol. 1-3

These did not merge:

All-Star Superman
Gears of War vol.1 - 2
Saga vol. 1-2
Star Wars: Dark Empire vol. 1-2
Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi vol.1-2

I don't care about the Star Wars or Gears of War books, but pretty bummed about All-Star Superman and Saga.

Edit: Hopefully this makes it a lot easier to use Amazon gift cards on Comixology now (it used to only work on the CMX app on my Kindle, which for some reason doesn't ever apply sale discounts)

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Finally read the new Ms. Marvel #1 and Astonishing Ant-man #2.
Looks like quality won't decline. Now just to wait for the return of Miles, an for Squirrel-Girl to get a new artist (sorry!)

tim1138

This is huge news to me! I bought a bunch of comics on my Kindle. Checking now, only some of them transferred though:

These merged OK:

Fables vol. 1-4
Fantastic Four by Hickman vol. 1-4
Lucifer vol. 1
Planetary vol. 1-3

These did not merge:

All-Star Superman
Gears of War vol.1 - 2
Saga vol. 1-2
Star Wars: Dark Empire vol. 1-2
Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi vol.1-2

I don't care about the Star Wars or Gears of War books, but pretty bummed about All-Star Superman and Saga.

Edit: Hopefully this makes it a lot easier to use Amazon gift cards on Comixology now (it used to only work on the CMX app on my Kindle, which for some reason doesn't ever apply sale discounts)

Are the merged books in HD?

Mafro

Are these skrulls? Wtf is going on here
Black Panther "See Wakanda And Die" Secret Invasion tie-in arc by Jason Aaron. Basically the Skrulls try and invade Wakanda and get the absolute shit kicked out of them. Been a while since I read it but I think that image is the inside of a Skrull ship that BP sends back to their homeworld or something like that.

Messi

SEJIC'S FACEBOOK UPDATE

i had a bad week. i kinda messed up my drawing arm and it took a while for the doctor to pinpoint the problem.not much i can do about that.
this has slowed me down a bit, causing switch 3 delay, so that will be out in january along with sunstone 4. then there was the whole
death vigil disappointment... and then... i got some messages... and more messages... a fuckton of messages....
and then i started doing lots and lots of math....thankfully i have a great wife who is by my side... so we decided.... one last try!
next year... i will do death vigil second arc.
if i'm gonna go out, imma go out kicking and screaming! aaand i'm off to work

DEATH VIGIL 2

happy6_zps33b1ac86.gif~c200

Owzers

I dislike waiting for packages to get things.......statues really should be digital. Where are my 3d printers on the cheap so i can print a statue and paint it myself?

Ah I was curious what was up with the new logo

Maybe you could contact CMX customer service? I've accidentally double-purchased things before and they've given me store credit.

SEJIC'S FACEBOOK UPDATE

DEATH VIGIL 2

happy6_zps33b1ac86.gif~c200

Nice. I'll have to see if I can pick up death vigil vol 1 at my shop's end of year sale.

Owzers

I feel like more Death Vigil will only lead to more Sejic being disappointed in the sales of Death Vigil, like the 76ers deciding next year is always the year for them after getting a #1 pick.

A question I have now though:
Can Luthor use "Mazahs" to increase his own power, or did that only work BECAUSE of Alexander Luthor? I'm curious. because if he can and he doesn't, then fuck. He's the most potentially OP character.

Luthor hasn't demonstrated any ability with the dark lightning. It shouldn't have worked because there's been two precedents set for Shazam in new 52, one that the lightning can't be stolen (Constantine tried to steal Billy's powers and he started dying when he used them), the second is that they aren't suppose to change back unless they will it when they say the name. Then again it's not the same thing, just like Ultraman snorts kryptonite and the sun hurts him, so it's probably not the same rules for the Dark Lightning.

Also I don't think Alex was the original Mazahs, he mentioned Will Baston, which I assume is Earth 3's Billy Batson. Then again, Alex could be that world's version of Black Adam, and when he killed Will Baston he got his power, which would explain why he destroyed Ultraman so easily as the powers stacked. It also explains why Ultraman considered Black Adam a huge threat after the JL was imprisoned. This makes even more sense when you consider that Alex might be more rooted in magic than science as Lex is, being on such different earths and how much he underrated Lex.

I'd still love to see a crime syndicate ongoing. I love seeing the earth-3 versions of characters.

shingi70

Banned
Eh, I was hoping Sejic would cut his workload and focus on getting healty, he writes and draws an insane amount of books. Wish he would have joined with Marvel, DC, or Valiant to get the exposure be needs.

Look at Sorrentino started small with I, Vampire, then to Green Arrow and covers and now everybody fawned over his old man Logan.

Top Bottom