• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Owzers

batwoman statue didn't get delivered today, tracking info in limbo.

I guess i'll paint my harley statue a little more tonight.

Picked up my comics today

ISSUES

All-New X-Men #1
Extraordinary X-Men #3
All-New Inhumans #1
All-New All-Different Avengers #2
The Vision #2
Invincible Iron-Man #4
Batman Beyond #7
Midnighter #7
Pacific Rim: Tales From The Drift #2
Joe Golem: Occult Detective #2

TRADES/COLLECTIONS

Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps. War
Uncanny X-Men Vol. 6: Storyville
New X-Men Ultimate Collection Vol. 2
Uncanny Avengers Vol. 5: Axis Prelude

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Picked up my comics today

ISSUES

All-New X-Men #1
Extraordinary X-Men #3
All-New Inhumans #1
All-New All-Different Avengers #2
The Vision #2
Invincible Iron-Man #4
Batman Beyond #7
Midnighter #7
Pacific Rim: Tales From The Drift #2
Joe Golem: Occult Detective #2

TRADES/COLLECTIONS

Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps. War
Uncanny X-Men Vol. 6: Storyville
New X-Men Ultimate Collection Vol. 2
Uncanny Avengers Vol. 5: Axis Prelude

How has this been?

Mafro

Eh, I'm still not entirely convinced that Axis was completely his fault. He teased it as being the big finale of his Apocalypse story yet Evan's presence felt like an afterthought. It wasn't even supposed to be an event to begin with.

I mean, there are obvious Remender-isms like the dialogue and internal monologue by Sabretooth at the end along with 90s Marvel throwbacks but a lot of things just happened. The art looked incredibly rushed too, and that's with artists like Dodson.
Yep, it totally stank of editorial messing with his plans. It felt like it was meant to be the final arc in that Uncanny Avengers run but they wanted it split off into a separate crossover event.

Wouldn't surprise me if this Apocalypse War was planned when Remender was meant to be on the X-books for the relaunch since current Apocalypse is basically his baby.

Owzers

Fedex changed it to "no scheduled delivery date at this time"...i know one of you have my statue right now and i'm just waiting for enough evidence to come forward with a username. You'll slip up.

You will.

VanWinkle

Finished Justice League N52 Vol. 2 and ended up really liking it, even though I wasn't feeling it for the first 1/3rd. Happy about that.

Starting DC: The New Frontier now. I'm only like 15 pages into the first issue and I can already tell this is something special. I'm trying to take my time and admire each panel before going on. The art is absolutely wonderful.

Mafro

I am not a fan of Remender's writing.
I'm not a huge fan of Low and haven't read Tokyo Ghost yet, but Deadly Class is fantastic. Black Science was pretty good too but the art kinda put me off. Loved Uncanny Avengers and Uncanny X-Force was the best X-book since Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, I possibly think it's better.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm not a huge fan of Low and haven't read Tokyo Ghost yet, but Deadly Class is fantastic. Black Science was pretty good too but the art kinda put me off. Loved Uncanny Avengers and Uncanny X-Force was the best X-book since Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, I possibly think it's better.

It's the opposite for me. I find the writing kind of wonky but the art keeps me coming back.

Sandfox

Even his image books?
I don't know enough about his Image stuff to comment on it.

Remender is better on books that are actually supposed to be dark, but he keeps returning to certain tropes like too many of his characters having daddy issues.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Marvel just announced an X-men crossover event. All we have right now is an image and a name, Apocalypse Wars.

0mqLAx5-86d00.jpg

Please be good.

Please be good.

Please be good.

Won't be Secret Wars good, but still.

Fedex changed it to "no scheduled delivery date at this time"...i know one of you have my statue right now and i'm just waiting for enough evidence to come forward with a username. You'll slip up.

You will.

It's Messi, obviously. He's giving it a Harley Quinn paintjob as we speak. He told me so.

Please be good.

Please be good.

Please be good.

Won't be Secret Wars good, but still.

It's going to be amazing
-ly awful (sorry)

I could use Google play rewards for comics, but only through Google Books and Marvel Comics app. Any other store apps where I can use those rewards? Comixology is my preferred choice, but it doesn't use Google payments.

VanWinkle

Just finished DC The New Frontier #1. 64 pages of incredible story, writing, and art. Amazing. Best Darwyn Cooke art I've seen.

PsychBat!

Banned
i think you said that last time in another thread. as long as it's not racist or prejudiced say whatever the hell you want dawg.

It's just not productive to criticize stuff anymore. If you're in an MCU OT, you're either branded a hater or someone who just doesn't get it. If you're in a DCCU OT, you're branded a Marvel fanboy.

VanWinkle

It's just not productive to criticize stuff anymore. If you're in an MCU OT, you're either branded a hater or someone who just doesn't get it. If you're in a DCCU OT, you're branded a Marvel fanboy.

That's true, but you can at least voice your opinion in this thread. There's a mix of everyone here, and we've been civil all this time, so...

Morrison's New X-Men needs to stop being so good. I have school work to do! On a Friday night...

Also Xorn is pretty awesome. It's a shame about the tweest at the end of it all.

Also what are the "essential" lead up to Secret Wars books? Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF/Avengers/New Avengers?

MG310

Arkham Ivy statue came in from Midtown along with the 20 lbs. of blank covers. Think she might have been out in the store display since the box was opened but the statue is in perfect shape. Amazed at how cleanly painted the raised white vines all over her are.

Lashley

We're all friends here

Hate away my friend, hate away.

Storm's a useless leader of the X-Men.

Superman is boring as hell.

PsychBat!

Banned
Alright. I just feel like some of the praise Remender gets here is borderline hyperbole. Kinda like the praise I use to give Hickman back then. So many people love many of his books that I just don't want to say anything that might offend people here.

Lashley

Alright. I just feel like some of the praise Remender gets here is borderline hyperbole. Kinda like the praise I use to give Hickman back then. So many people love many of his books that I just don't want to say anything that might offend people here.

We wouldn't mind.

I like his Image books, but AXIS was pretty shit. Bareable, but yeah, thats about it.

Top Bottom