• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Messi

Eh, I was hoping Sejic would cut his workload and focus on getting healty, he writes and draws an insane amount of books. Wish he would have joined with Marvel, DC, or Valiant to get the exposure be needs.

Look at Sorrentino started small with I, Vampire, then to Green Arrow and covers and now everybody fawned over his old man Logan.

He signed exclusive with top cow around comic con.

Mudcrab

Marvel just announced an X-men crossover event. All we have right now is an image and a name, Apocalypse Wars.

0mqLAx5-86d00.jpg

Messi

I know and I think it was a mistake, though it has allowed him to focus on his creator owned stuff. I was under the impression that he'd be rebooting the top Cow universe.

That's what Switch was. It failed so far.

He signed because they let him create new stuff, characters ect. They were with him at the start and they were the ones who wanted to publish Sunstone. They also signed his wife.

I also get the feeling he is super close with all those top cow people

I know and I think it was a mistake, though it has allowed him to focus on his creator owned stuff. I was under the impression that he'd be rebooting the top Cow universe.
Im not sure what Sejic is thinking tbh. Im glad Top Cow treats him so well and he gets to do what he wants but if hes vocalizing how hes suffering medically and financially for it, then why does he look at the numbers the books are pulling and say 'hmm how do i change this? oh ill just continue to do what im already doing.'

VanWinkle

What in the world. I'm reading Justice League Vol. 2, which I'm liking a lot better now, btw. I'm at The Villain's Journey Chapter 4. I just looked at the credits to see who is drawing this issue, and there are three pencillers and ELEVEN inkers. What in the world is up with that?!

Messi

Im not sure what Sejic is thinking tbh. Im glad Top Cow treats him so well and he gets to do what he wants but if hes vocalizing how hes suffering medically and financially for it, then why does he look at the numbers the books are pulling and say 'hmm how do i change this? oh ill just continue to do what im already doing.'

He is trying to give the fans he already has what they want. He is not nearly ruthless enough to succeed as a comics pro. He is too much of a nice guy.

BEHOLD MY COMIC BOOK COLLECTION!
Warning large images incoming, CLICK an image or copy pasta it to enlarge
How's the current Sonic comic? I really like Archie's Mega Man, so I'm curious as to how the Sonic one is. I've always been interested in the Sonic comics, but they always seemed insanely convoluted.
SEJIC'S FACEBOOK UPDATE

DEATH VIGIL 2

happy6_zps33b1ac86.gif~c200
tumblr_ngdezdTfPm1qf4elio2_500.gif

Luthor hasn't demonstrated any ability with the dark lightning. It shouldn't have worked because there's been two precedents set for Shazam in new 52, one that the lightning can't be stolen (Constantine tried to steal Billy's powers and he started dying when he used them), the second is that they aren't suppose to change back unless they will it when they say the name. Then again it's not the same thing, just like Ultraman snorts kryptonite and the sun hurts him, so it's probably not the same rules for the Dark Lightning.

Also I don't think Alex was the original Mazahs, he mentioned Will Baston, which I assume is Earth 3's Billy Batson. Then again, Alex could be that world's version of Black Adam, and when he killed Will Baston he got his power, which would explain why he destroyed Ultraman so easily as the powers stacked. It also explains why Ultraman considered Black Adam a huge threat after the JL was imprisoned. This makes even more sense when you consider that Alex might be more rooted in magic than science as Lex is, being on such different earths and how much he underrated Lex.

I'd still love to see a crime syndicate ongoing. I love seeing the earth-3 versions of characters.
Interesting.
Though, Lex didn't steal his lightning. He used Flash's rod to revert Alexander back, and the way Constantine stole Billy's was by switching voices. So as long as you have the same voice, you can summon it. I would assume then, that the Dark Lighting/Lightning is a multiversal ability, since I'm going to guess that the Dark Lightning only worked with Alexander, meaning that therefore only the SPECIFIC person chosen by it can actually wield it. If any of that makes sense.

I would love to see an Earth 3 book that was very much like Earth 2. Detailing
their war against Anti-Monitor.
Marvel just announced an X-men crossover event. All we have right now is an image and a name, Apocalypse Wars.

0mqLAx5-86d00.jpg
Interesting.

REMENDER! WE SUMMON THEE!

Messi

You call for Remender... Your calls will fall on deaf ears. Instead you will get what you deserve. Lord Bendis, Rise.

Ya'll do remember the last Marvel crossover event Remender did right?
Eh, I'm still not entirely convinced that Axis was completely his fault. He teased it as being the big finale of his Apocalypse story yet Evan's presence felt like an afterthought. It wasn't even supposed to be an event to begin with.

I mean, there are obvious Remender-isms like the dialogue and internal monologue by Sabretooth at the end along with 90s Marvel throwbacks but a lot of things just happened. The art looked incredibly rushed too, and that's with artists like Dodson.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Really hoping this segues into another Age of Apocalypse. Scott Lobdell needs to continue his classic event from the 90s.

He is trying to give the fans he already has what they want. He is not nearly ruthless enough to succeed as a comics pro. He is too much of a nice guy.
he doesnt need to be ruthless at all. nothing about him is incredibly rare in comics. there are many very nice artists who bust their asses to give fans the most they can. plenty of them eat well. sejic just makes some poor business decisions.

refusing to do work on big 2 comics is a mistake imo. he could be doing something right up his alley like maybe tag teaming with hans on angela or something. exactly what is he doing to expand his audience?

Messi

he doesnt need to be ruthless at all. nothing about him is incredibly rare in comics. there are many very nice artists who bust their asses to give fans the most they can. plenty of them eat well. sejic just makes some poor business decisions.

refusing to do work on big 2 comics is a mistake imo. he could be doing something right up his alley like maybe tag teaming with hans on angela or something. exactly what is he doing to expand his audience?

I think it's pretty clear his health has stopped him working for them and he took the guaranteed money from top cow due to those health issues.

You call for Remender... Your calls will fall on deaf ears. Instead you will get what you deserve. Lord Bendis, Rise.
I like Bendis, so I'd be okay with it. The reason I want Remender is for his work with all of the Apocalypse lore, assuming that this event has anything to do with it.
Ya'll do remember the last Marvel crossover event Remender did right?
Fair enough

All I'm saying is a new Daughters of the Dragon or Birds of Prey series. Perfect for him.

shingi70

Banned
This is probably the best time for some like Sejic to jump into the big two. When Gotham Acadnry and Trish Walker Hellcat are a thing he's set the charts on fire working in a book for one of the big two.

Dude would kill on a series like Runaways or cloak and dagger.

Messi

Guys the news just came in. I am the new Avengers. Thank you to all who made this possible except Zombeen.

Top Bottom