• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Have you heard the phrase an overnight success is 10 years in the making? King isnt in his writing infancy. He is in his late 30s. Snyder is all of 2 years older. In all likelihood, King has been writing for a long time but just got his break this decade. Its cool that you're very enthusiastic about his work right now but prodigy isnt a fit description for King.

It wouldnt have been for Moore, Morrison or Ellis either. Each of those guys worked in relative obscurity honing their craft for a while before they eventually became great writers. It would be a fit for Frank Miller who was handed a job at Marvel and drawing Spider-Man by the age of 23. Or Chris Ware who was hand picked by Art Spiegelman while Ware was in college.

I disagree but have no real rebuttal to your argument. I can see your point of view, I see mine. We are arguing the definition of a word I used and not the true intent of the message which is kinda pointless to me. Not trying to be a dick or anything, maybe my use of prodigy was wrong, I don't know.

Messi

It will be once it inevitably gets cancelled.

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Tomita

I just can't be arsed to care about Vision after that crap he did to Wanda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Um all I'm reading for DC right now is American Alien, Black Canary, and Lois and Clark. There, easy.

Marvel: Spider-Gwen (though it hasn't been as great as pre-Secret Wars), Captain America: Sam Wilson, and... Er, nothing else I'm reading right now is worthy of favorite.
Can I put in Scarlet Witch or is that too soon????

I don't read as many comics as you guy, welp.

I just can't be arsed to care about Vision after that crap he did to Wanda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Um all I'm reading for DC right now is American Alien, Black Canary, and Lois and Clark. There, easy.

Marvel: Spider-Gwen (though it hasn't been as great as pre-Secret Wars), Captain America: Sam Wilson, and... Er, nothing else I'm reading right now is worthy of favorite.
Can I put in Scarlet Witch or is that too soon????

I don't read as many comics as you guy, welp.

If it helps any he's probably got a giant heaping of pain headed his way, if the first two issues are anything to go off of.

DC: The Omega Men, Martian Manhunter, Grayson (slot 3 is basically a tie between like 6 different books, DC's putting in work these days)

Marvel: Vision, Ms. Marvel, and... um... okay, that's all the Marvel I actually read. And I'm like 10 months behind on Ms. Marvel.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It happened in the Avengers 0 issue.
He erased every memory he had of her and him.

It was heartbreaking how they showed it happening

Ah, I read that. Didn't seem that bad to me, she'd still remember.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It happened in the Avengers 0 issue.
He erased every memory he had of her and him.

It was heartbreaking how they showed it happening
So Vision cant remember what he experienced with Wanda during their relationship?
Sorry, stupid non-english speaker here

Probably Deadly Class, Sex Criminals, and Rumble.

Indie. Outcast, Deadly Class, Southern Bastards

Indie: Manifest Destiny, Chew, and Paper Girls.

I'll probably go with Deadly Class in my top spot, under that would be East of West and then Archie closing it out.

These are the comic I look forward too the most.

I see Manifest Destiny keep being mentioned in this thread, I should probably give it a read soon.

Owzers

I googled the base not fitting right and someone said to use a hairdryer on high for a few minutes just to loosen the legs/pegs up, seemed to work. It's in....and it's weird. pics eventually?

Black paint, both shiny and matte, are my greatest investment. So many lines to correct.....clear my comics schedule gentlemen. They kinda missed the hairline on the side of her head too, forgot to paint enough of her side. If i had red/orangey paint in the correct shade....

Bii

I can't be bothered to try and fix the imperfections that I see on my figures/statues. .___.

-

Moleskine Notebook, Batman Limited Edition
Large, Ruled, White, Hard Cover (5x8.25)

I'm going to try and get back into journaling. For the past few years, I had been using my phone to document ideas, lists, dates, and random notes but wanted to get back into the fun of getting my mind on paper. I spend enough time as is looking at lit screens. There were two journals I had kept for a while but haven't been able to track them down. Since the new year is coming up and Amazon had a 30% off code for their Black Friday deals, I grabbed this notebook for $13 total.

The stickers it came with, while neat, isn't practical for note taking. It would have been nice if it came with little bat symbol or batarang stickers that can be used as bullets or to mark something of significance. I'll probably break this book in soon and no later than the end of this month.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'll probably go with Deadly Class in my top spot, under that would be East of West and then Archie closing it out.

These are the comic I look forward too the most.

I see Manifest Destiny keep being mentioned in this thread, I should probably give it a read soon.

I really enjoy Deadly Class and East of West too.

Owzers

I can't be bothered to try and fix the imperfections that I see on my figures/statues. .___.

-

[

That's okay, because with sillymonkey321's paint experience, just ship any statue you want painted to me and i will touch it up and return it ( owner responsible for return shipping costs).

That Batman Moleskine is very, very nice.

One day, I will buy a Moleskine. My handwriting is utter chicken scratch though, so I'd be afraid I would ruin it.

Messi

I once deleted every memory I had of GrandHarrier and tbh it wasn't so bad. I can see why vision would do it.

Pacific Rim: Tales From the Drift #2: This was incredibly ok. THe art's cool, but the pacing of the story is very confusing. The use of flashbacks interwoven with real time is a nice device that I have no issues with, but only if I can actually separate the two. Looking back on it, I did eventually, but still, it wasn't the best. Like I said, the art does a solid job of portraying everything, from the action to the emotional moments. The writing is definitely the weak point here.

Joe Golem: Occult Detective #2: I don't know what to say other than this is dope as hell. As a fan of the book, there's nothing about this I dislike. It's upsetting, though, because this does spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it (
Joe realizing he's a golem is a major plot point, and him remembering that is a subplot that runs throughout
). That being said, the art's fantastic and I still love these characters. It's really cool to see the book's world envisioned and displayed on a comic page.

Midnighter #7: Really good, as this book tends to be, but I was a bit disappointed in the fight (
Prometheus talks too damn much
), but I do like what they've done with the character (
basically making Prometheus an evil Midnighter)
. The fight was very good visually, it's just that it didn't seem as much of a "FIGHT FOR HIS LIFE" that I wanted it to be.

Batman Beyond #7: Is Terry back yet? No? Okay. Not much else to say here. Set-up for more plot threads. Not sure why Barbara and Tim have such awkward interactions with each other. Tim was always younger than Barbara, which seems to be the main source of the awkwardness. I dunno. Is Terry back yet? No? Okay.

The Vision #2: This book continues to be good. The whole creepy suburban family vibe is strong, and I like it. It's simultaneously terrifying, yet interesting. I've never really much cared for Vision, but boy do I like this book. Like everyone has said, the narrator really sells it.

All-New All-Different Avengers #2: So, I don't know much about Kid Nova, but I'm not a fan of him too much. Beyond him, I really like the team, and so far it's a solid action book. Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Invincible Iron Man #4: God this book's action sequences are fantastic. This art is amazing, and I love Tony's suit. I love Friday as well, and I'm just really digging everything about this book. Went from a rocky first issue, to a very anticipated book. And this coming from someone who has never liked Tony, nor has ever been interested in his solo stuff. Looking forward to how Mary Jane is incorporated into everything. A
business partnership, perhaps? Makes sense. She wants to run a successful club, and Tony's business isn't exactly doing well. Plus, Bendis did say that the relationship between the two wouldn't be typical for either of them, which insinuates that the relationship wouldn't be romantic. Business partnership would be very new.
Anyways, continuing to look forward to it.

Extraordinary X-Men #3: Reminding me of the good ol' days where the X-Men just fought other threats to the Earth and themselves that weren't racists and "oh my god our race is dying no more mutants aaaaaaagh." Just all out battle between demons whilst flashing to Jean Grey and Logan. That relationship still feels weird to me. I don't like it. Glob for MVXM. "To me, my X-Men!" will forever remain hype as hell.

All-New X-Men #1: I'm going to try to like this book. Bendis' ANXM run ended on a whimper for me (pre-UXM #600), and this started similarly. I love Scott, though he seems to job a bit. His inner monologue about the baddies being "untrained" while taking them with only CQC and was classic Scott. The rest was just decent. Hoping for that Evan hype.

All-New Inhumans #1: My girl Crystal. Damn. Beyond that, it was decent. I like where this might be going (
the pillars being an ancient Inhuman weapon meant to help the Inhumans in a war. This may play into the Apocalypse War event coming up
). Still not a fan of Gorgon being where he is, but it's interesting to see the character end up there. And the banter between him and Crystal is refreshing and nice. Still, I want it to be temporary. I need that Gorgon warrior hype. Also, interesting to see Crystal
pulling the same scummy tactic that Medusa did during Realm of Kings
. I pity those who don't respect her. Or Naja.

Ultimately, a solid week. Now, on to my trades...
I'm just glad we haven't seen much of the Punisher. I fucking hate Frank Castle.

Word

Owzers

I dont want to start the final Episode of Life is Strange, I am afraid lf the things that come...

should i buy this for $10 digital during the sale or wait for the physical release to go on sale with my best buy GCU discount? I like discs.

edit: oh, gamefly is getting this in january too. that's a thing i could rent and enjoy when nothing else is coming out.

I dont want to start the final Episode of Life is Strange, I am afraid lf the things that come...

Do it! You've come too far to stop now!

should i buy this for $10 digital during the sale or wait for the physical release to go on sale with my best buy GCU discount? I like discs.

I own it already, I'm buying the physical version for PC. I need that artbook. And the soundtrack, despite not owning anything that plays CDs.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mythic 1-4: Thought the first two issues were kind of boring but things picked quite nicely in issues 3 and 4. Fleshing out their supporting cast helped a lot. They seem fun. You have a ghost who refuses to pass on because she doesn't believe in the after life, a two eyed Cyclops, a pregnant Venus, and their boss is a giant talking baby. This one still has a chance of earning a subscription.

Reyn 1-4: This one is a wee bit boring. There is nothing really bad about this it but there is nothing special about it either. The setting, characters, dialogue, and art are all just kind of meh. Unless Reyn gets a lot better really quickly it will probably not be earning a sub.

Top Bottom