• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

One of my brothers died tonight. I just, I don't know how to feel. I'm at a loss. This is the second brother I lost suddenly in six years. Just to let you guys know if I don't post for awhile or something, since this is pretty much the only community thread I care about.

Fuck, sorry to hear about your loss, VanWinkle. That's terrible. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
giphy.gif

11 days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thor: God of Thunder #1-11, aka the God Butcher arc, was one of my favorite comic arcs ever. That is all.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So this weekend I got caught up on....

Manifest Destiny - Shit just got real. I guess I shouldn't have too surprised considering the books title but it was still disturbing. But I like that a book can still disturb me. Gonna be tough waiting a month for each issue now.

The Walking Dead: All Out War - That was fun. No idea where they go from here. TWD will now become a weekly buy for me until I get caught up or there is another sale.

Spread - Still technically one behind since the newest issue wasn't included in the Black Friday sale but I'm caught up on the 10 issues I own. The second arc has been even better than the first so far.

Next up: Autumnlands and Shutter.

One of my brothers died tonight. I just, I don't know how to feel. I'm at a loss. This is the second brother I lost suddenly in six years. Just to let you guys know if I don't post for awhile or something, since this is pretty much the only community thread I care about.

I'm very sorry to hear that man. If you ever need to talk to anyone, we're all here for you. I can't even imagine going through that :(

Dalek

Thor: God of Thunder #1-11, aka the God Butcher arc, was one of my favorite comic arcs ever. That is all.

It is truly amazing. A must read.

I finished Howard the Duck #2 tonight and it floored me. A completely unexpected serious issue and heartbreaking. Can't wait to see where this story leads.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fraction made me care about Hawkeye, now Aaron made me care about Thor. Wonder who, if anyone, will make me care about Cap. I mean Steve, because I'm actually digging Falcon-Cap.

I guess if anyone will do it, it's Brubaker but I have my doubts

Tomita

I'm truly sorry, VanWinkle. If you need to talk to anyone (whether on this thread, NeoGAF, or just in general) please don't keep it bottled up inside. Remember to take care of yourself.

It is truly amazing. A must read.

I finished Howard the Duck #2 tonight and it floored me. A completely unexpected serious issue and heartbreaking. Can't wait to see where this story leads.

Oh shit. The preview for the first issue looked intriguing but I ultimately decided to wait for a trade or Marvel Unlimited for it. Now I'm torn about this decision, haha. Partly decided to wait to read the story cause I never actually read a Howard the Duck comic before.

Tizoc

I don't see the fun in making lists.
Then again on average I read half a dozen books each week.
Most I'd ver end up reading is 10-12 books, but that rarely happens.

Also I need to get this someday already
61GBptCqB%2BL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

EDIT: Wait Hiketia won't be collected in Greg Rucka's Wondy Vol. 1?

You know a book is good when all of a sudden you find yourself already on issue #8 and you didn't even notice it.

Not gonna lie tho, was kinda hoping that black shit Gorr has was a symbiote, what with the weapon morphing and tentacle action, especially when in issue #6 it falls from the sky. Like, the ultimate symbiote user, using it to its full extent unlike those silly humans.

Terrible idea :p

Just like one of my Japanese animes?

Sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts.

Am I the only one who isn't really feeling Tokyo Ghost? I mean, it's not the art. I just have trouble giving two shits about the story. I have yet to read issue three, but still... That should have been enough for me to make a determination.

I hear ya, everyone likes different chit.. im a huge Murphy fan,, ill follow him into hell lol
I was wondering where they were going with the story.. but I do actually like it. I think itll be a good mini-series read at once.

Hey bros, before I make a huge mistake - the book called "The Hole of Tank Girl" is the one that's like an omnibus of the original series, right?

Vibranium

Banned

Damn man, take all the time you need. I'm sorry for your loss.

Tomita

Do I need a big knowledge of the Pre-Flashpoint DC Universe to have fun with 52?

Pretty sure the point of New 52 is to go in blind worry-free. I never read a Black Canary comic in my life, but the new Black Canary is easy enough to follow along with. (Too bad most of the other DC crap looks boring to me ): And I don't like the changes they did to the Batfamily...siiiiigh. Just BC and Supes for me I guess.)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Pretty sure the point of New 52 is to go in blind worry-free. I never read a Black Canary comic in my life, but the new Black Canary is easy enough to follow along with. (Too bad most of the other DC crap looks boring to me ): And I don't like the changes they did to the Batfamily...siiiiigh. Just BC and Supes for me I guess.)

Nah, I mean the weekly series by Gran Morrison ;)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Am I the only one who isn't really feeling Tokyo Ghost? I mean, it's not the art. I just have trouble giving two shits about the story. I have yet to read issue three, but still... That should have been enough for me to make a determination.

I thought it picked up with 3 actually.

Rhaknar

its probably more of a Invincible Ironman / All New Captain America crossover than a "proper" event. Or not who knows

Top Bottom