• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

I've been loving Ms. Marvel. It's the first time I've gotten into a series and there has been a change of artist and it's weird. The characters and world seem different now. I've seen the original team come back after 2 issues. Why does this happen?

We have to make a ComicGAF meetup and eat some pizza at some point.

Maybe shawarma.

marvel-post-credits-avengers-shawarma-1437137748.gif

IST updated. Prison School vol.2 is live.

Only thing I want this week, so I'll be waiting until there are some more things to add to the order.

Don't do it, man. I was going to, but then I saw some actual in-hand pics. The face sculpt came out way different than the prototype.

I'm not going to do it but the video I posted shows off the final version and I think it looks fantastic. I'll see it at the shop this Wednesday but the video makes its look really good. I have no problem with the face.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, Marvels Summer Catalouge is as shit as DCs. July until Hickmann Avengers is completly OHCed. At least Spider-Man gets a couple of cool classic collections finally a Carnage Reprint. And the X-23 Complete Collection <3

Will be a cheap year 2016 for me.

TheFlow

Banned
I am looking forward to the Daredevil and Elektra by Frank Miller reprints. He is a terrible person, but I like his work.

frye

I've been loving Ms. Marvel. It's the first time I've gotten into a series and there has been a change of artist and it's weird. The characters and world seem different now. I've seen the original team come back after 2 issues. Why does this happen?

Drawing comics is a lot of work and doing it on a monthly schedule is even harder

And NYX. Whoever this is. In the description stands that she is X-23.

And guys. No second Vision Trade.
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=3780380

NYX is Extremely Bad

Man, Marvels Summer Catalouge is as shit as DCs. July until Hickmann Avengers is completly OHCed. At least Spider-Man gets a couple of cool classic collections finally a Carnage Reprint. And the X-23 Complete Collection <3

Will be a cheap year 2016 for me.

Wow the entirety of Time Runs Out in one book, awesome.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thanks, so I can skip.
Ah, guys. The Todd Mcfarlane Spiderbus <3 So much good classic Spidey next year. I need another shelf alone for my Spiderbooks as it seems. Mission "Own everything" looks from year to year more possible

PsychBat!

Banned
Welcome to comics

TRO OHC in July? Sweet I can get it for my birthday.

The art in the early Bendis DD issues is pretty bad. I mean it looks really stylistic and cool, but it's absolutely awful for actually telling a coherent story. There's a lot of copy/paste face going on as well, though I'm sure that's supposed to be part of the style.

Though it's better than the MS-paint tier art in issue #14/15 I think? I literally couldn't believe they published that.

The art in the early Bendis DD issues is pretty bad. I mean it looks really stylistic and cool, but it's absolutely awful for actually telling a coherent story. There's a lot of copy/paste face going on as well, though I'm sure that's supposed to be part of the style.

Though it's better than the MS-paint tier art in issue #14/15 I think? I literally couldn't believe they published that.
Bendis' issues don't start until 26 or something right?

shingi70

Banned
Any good pulp comic recommendatuons. Looking something that takes place in the 1920s-1940s that's similar to the Shadow or Fatale.

Afrodium

Banned
So I've got my eye on that Comixology Irredeemable/Incorruptible sale right now. Is one significantly better than the other? I've know they're companion pieces, but is it the kind of thing where I've got to be reading both or do they just compliment each other thematically? I'd like to nab them both but I'm not sure if I can justify it at the moment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can someone tell me how Thor lost his powers?

he didnt lose his powers, he just cant use Mjolnir anymore because Nick Fury whispered something to him during Original Sin which made him unworthy

His powers come from being the son of Odin, not from the hammer

edit: which is stupid because Mjolnir would "know" if he was unworthy or not, it would "know" whatever it was that Odinson did to make him unworthy, Nick telling him whatever he told him wouldnt change the fact that the Hammer would already know it, just like it knows everyone else is unworthy and cant lift it

frye

Any good pulp comic recommendatuons. Looking something that takes place in the 1920s-1940s that's similar to the Shadow or Fatale.

Incognito and the Brubaker/Fraction/Aja Iron Fist run are both conscious attempts to mix pulp conventions with superheroes (and vice versa)

Iron Man Noir despite its title is pretty pulpy

The original Rocketeer is a kind of neo-pulp, and the recent Waid/Samnee mini could be what you're looking for

PsychBat!

Banned
he didnt lose his powers, he just cant use Mjolnir anymore because Nick Fury whispered something to him during Original Sin which made him unworthy

He's stronger than most Asgardians because his mother is Gaia.

Owzers

i read another issue of GotG on MU , #15, and Rat Queens #8. Didn't really like either issue but Rat Queens provided a decent look at Violet's past. GotG is still in the bottom-tier, Roman Reigns being the wwe champion makes more sense than buying that book monthly.

edit: which is stupid because Mjolnir would "know" if he was unworthy or not, it would "know" whatever it was that Odinson did to make him unworthy, Nick telling him whatever he told him wouldnt change the fact that the Hammer would already know it, just like it knows everyone else is unworthy and cant lift it
I think the idea is that rather than it just being something Odinson didn't know about himself, it's something that, upon learning it, changed who he was in such a way as to render him unworthy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shall I continue my 80s Uncanny X-Men adventures?

Edit: whoa Colossus straight up kills Riptide, just snaps his neck. The 80s were rough man, no "superheroes don't kill" nonsense here lol

Top Bottom