• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Tomita

I really liked it and the art is lovely. Loved that Magik was a driving force in the book.

Don't buy for nightcrawler tho

Well, it perked my interest also cause of Magik and Black Widow, so...

Maybe I'll check it out. Love me some Magik.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think my bizarre 80s/90s X-Men kick is already gone, back to normal comics tonight methinks. Resume dat Aaron Thor run hmmmmmm

Also please someone spoil all of SW #8 for me pretty please

PsychBat!

Banned
I think my bizarre 80s/90s X-Men kick is already gone, back to normal comics tonight methinks. Resume dat Aaron Thor run hmmmmmm

Spoilers?

You ask and you shall receive!

Giant Thing (Ben Grimm) smashes the Maestro and his ship and fights Franklin piloting a Galactus.

Star-Lord puts a sliver of wood in to the world tree (a big ass tree that surrounds most of the castle and is Doom's throne) and it becomes a giant Groot.

Thanos joins the fight with the Annihilation Wave at his side only to have his skeleton ripped out by Doom after a brief discussion.

Book ends when Black Panther and Namor arrive through a portal and BP has an Infinity Gauntlet on him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol that book is so crazy. it will probably end up being my favorite event ever, surpassing the OG Age of Apocalypse

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
lol that book is so crazy. it will probably end up being my favorite event ever, surpassing the OG Age of Apocalypse

Yeah its fucking great

Don't know how he's going to finish the story in 1 issue without rushing it though

PsychBat!

Banned
New Romancer #1

I was looking forward to this book. Man that was weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak. But it has hijinks, of a sort, that I'm sure some people will enjoy here.

Sandfox

The new Secret Wars book was really good and I can't wait to see how it wraps up next month.

I agree with this. DC's post-Convergence direction has been good overall, they just need to not panic.

Putting better teams on Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman would help more. Seriously, why are they all so bad right now? That's not right.

Pretty much all of DC's biggest heroes are in weird places right now due to bad creative teams, and/or the direction they decided to take the characters for DCYou.

Were you rewatching the Cartoons? I feel like I rewatch them once a year, same with the Spiderman cartoon from that time. I'm sure it's just childhood coming through, but they're still pretty damn good.
I can't get into any of the new cartoons (sorry -- Anime) for some reason. I tried to watch this critically acclaimed Iron Man (Rise of Technonova) the other day, and the art work and voice acting just wasn't for me.

Rhaknar

Were you rewatching the Cartoons? I feel like I rewatch them once a year, same with the Spiderman cartoon from that time. I'm sure it's just childhood coming through, but they're still pretty damn good.
I can't get into any of the new cartoons (sorry -- Anime) for some reason. I tried to watch this critically acclaimed Iron Man (Rise of Technonova) the other day, and the art work and voice acting just wasn't for me.

No, it was a strange road to get there. Like I read Future Imperfect and X-tinction Agenda #1s, then went back to read the 90s originals, which lead me down this weird path of searching for the outback era uncanny issues, then going even further back to the 70s, then not being able to deal with it and going back to the outback stuff, getting bored, then reading a few of the jim lee issues.

It was a random night

Rhaknar

One thing I forgot to ask in our weird
ly awesome
x-men talk last night, has anyone ever made a alternate universe Kitty Pryde who is just a stone cold assassin, phasing people into the floor and shit? Her power would be so OP for someone without morals

I mean, AoA kitty was a badass but not exactly evil

Mindwipe

Am I really the only crazy person to feel Secret Wars has got hopelessly lost and kinda wasted three issues so it now has to massively rush it's resolution?

Dalek

Spoilers?

You ask and you shall receive!

Giant Thing (Ben Grimm) smashes the Maestro and his ship and fights Franklin piloting a Galactus.

Star-Lord puts a sliver of wood in to the world tree (a big ass tree that surrounds most of the castle and is Doom's throne) and it becomes a giant Groot.

Thanos joins the fight with the Annihilation Wave at his side only to have his skeleton ripped out by Doom after a brief discussion.

Book ends when Black Panther and Namor arrive through a portal and BP has an Infinity Gauntlet on him.

damn-damn-damn.gif

Amazing issue.

Ponn

Banned
How is Rat Queens? Looking to pad my IST order up some. Got Hawkguy, Mad Love Deluxe, might do rat queens or Alias

Hoping its good, just got this in the mail today.

I'm a little upset because there was a slight crease/indent on the side of the book. I'm not sure if its upsetting enough to bother trying to return it since I really want to start reading it.

I also got my copies of Court of Owls and City of Owls. Was debating on getting the Absolute edition but I didn't think it was worth it over something I havent even read yet.

Rhaknar

Spider Woman #8 - Conclusion of the "battered wives of D-list villans" story, I am all about this book man, great stuff. Is the ANAD book done by the same creative team?

Rhaknar

Thanks for this thread guys, it's a life saver when you work graveyard

MU also helps I guess :p

Rhaknar

Giant Size Little Marvel AvX #1 - oh...oh my god? I can't handle so much cuteness, it's too much...too much cuteness Skottie, it's too much

Favorite Secret Wars tie in...I'm actually serious >_<

Top Bottom