• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

shingi70

Banned
Listing

ANH>ESB>ROS>ROJ>TPM>AOC

Greg Pak and Ian Chruchhill are the new Teen Titans creative team. Team is Red Robin, Wonder Girl, Power Girl, Raven, Bunker, Beast Boy.

I have been reading a ton of older comics (Avengers/New Avengers, moar Daredevil, cape shit on cape shit), Saga and Secret Wars. Oh Well, maybe next year.

Busaiku

I thought the guy at the end of issue 2 was Mason Banks, but with everything else going on, it makes more sense
that it would be Mephisto
But why is he so obsessed with Peter now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I thought the guy at the end of issue 2 was Mason Banks, but with everything else going on, it makes more sense
that it would be Mephisto
But why is he so obsessed with Peter now.
That would be glorious.
Oh shit, just imagine Slott
brings back the marriage D:

Tomita

Did you just make that up or is that something people actually shipped?

There's a tease at the end of that run you're reading, and then they've been cockteasing it for realises during Secret Wars. I don't love the pairing but I'll take my lesbian pairings when I can. Now do Rogue/Scarlet Witch pls, Marvel. Cause that one's just funny to me.

Ry0ETBw.png

Hey Wanda, sup, just gonna hug you while you're nearly naked. Stop fussing, sugah, this isn't weird at all.

Busaiku

That would be glorious.
Oh shit, just imagine Slott
brings back the marriage D:
I think the more likely scenario is that the Sinister Six will make everything miserable, and the only way Peter can make things better is by giving up Parker Industries and his fame and stuff.
But the only question is why. With One More Day, he was just a DEM, but this time, he's actively trying to bring him down.

Pre-ordered these two Batman Black & White statues (june)
All these B&W statues are pretty great.

These two are a little more plain, but they're simple and clean

And I'm debating on this one,, didn't like it much at first.... starting to grow on me
dammit
DC_Designer_Series_Kubert_Batman_1_5643fd17024ba6.50086030-240x300.jpg

shingi70

Banned
Titans wasn't so bad under Pififer but the past two issues veered off back into the Lobdell fuckery.

Vailants new event is 4001 AD. Don't know what to think about it as Rai was the only book pre book of death I hadn't read.

Listing

ANH>ESB>ROS>ROJ>TPM>AOC

Greg Pak and Ian Chruchhill are the new Teen Titans creative team. Team is Red Robin, Wonder Girl, Power Girl, Raven, Bunker, Beast Boy.

Still no Jaime ;__;

Who would have thought that a solo series at the start of a big new reboot would go so terribly wrong?

Grayson #15 was some damn fun comics. Training sequence with each forreal Robin and one of the We Are Robin crew makes for good times. Seeing how each (former) Robin approached the job differently, and has an entirely different idea of how to do it, is great. Tim emphasizes ingenuity, Jason bravado, Damian pain, Dick... well, you'll see. I also loved how Gordon takes down the purse snatcher. Weirdly, I feel like RoBats has been more interesting in every book that isn't Batman.

Oh, and Dick made a real dick move in this one.

Titans wasn't so bad under Pififer but the past two issues veered off back into the Lobdell fuckery.

Vailants new event is 4001 AD. Don't know what to think about it as Rai was the only book pre book of death I hadn't read.

Didn't read because it didn't grab you or just because you haven't? I've generally enjoyed it (and the art has an interesting look to it), although it hasn't done a very good job of keeping a monthly schedule.

Still no Jaime ;__;

Who would have thought that a solo series at the start of a big new reboot would go so terribly wrong?

Grayson #15 was some damn fun comics. Training sequence with each forreal Robin and one of the We Are Robin crew makes for good times. Seeing how each (former) Robin approached the job differently, and has an entirely different idea of how to do it, is great. Tim emphasizes ingenuity, Jason bravado, Damian pain, Dick... well, you'll see. I also loved how Gordon takes down the purse snatcher. Weirdly, I feel like RoBats has been more interesting in every book that isn't Batman.

Oh, and Dick made a real dick move in this one.

I think RoBats is an interesting idea but even Superheavy feels more about the concept of RoBats and Bruce etc than about Gordon. I also kinda hope that Grayson gets some six issue arc, set once Bruce is getting back in the game, but of Agent 37 and Matches Malone, just having fun and fighting crime together.

I think RoBats is an interesting idea but even Superheavy feels more about the concept of RoBats and Bruce etc than about Gordon. I also kinda hope that Grayson gets some six issue arc, set once Bruce is getting back in the game, but of Agent 37 and Matches Malone, just having fun and fighting crime together.

That would be amazing.

diaspora

Did Luke Cage still hate Spider-Man going into Secret Wars? Last thing I remember was him telling Peter to fuck off after he told him about the Octavius body-swap.

Fairly sure it's intentional.
My emotions are ferocious right now
Did Luke Cage still hate Spider-Man going into Secret Wars? Last thing I remember was him telling Peter to fuck off after he told him about the Octavius body-swap.

They got over it by the end of Captain America and the Mighty Avengers. Luke was either inverted or pretending to be inverted during it, but I think he forgave Pete at the end of all of it.

What actually happened? Luke was pissed that Peter was controlled by Otto? Can you eloborate?^^

When Luke was getting the Mighty Avengers (basically a large scale Heroes for Hire) up and running, SpOck wanted to lead the team. Luke refused, so SpOck got his fucking Spider-mech he built and decided to "arrest" them because he's a fucking egotistical moron. Having endangered wee Danielle, Jessica and Luke beat the shit out of him. I don't remember much past that, since the only reason I read that issue (and a couple of others) was because of Inhumanity.

Then She-Hulk shows up and proceeds to triple-team SpOck with JJ and Luke.

Because you don't fuck with the wee baby Dani.

mmm smell that land art

That bald black tony stark

That Jessica Jones with every other Land girl face

Their baby that literally has the same face as every other adult

That complete lack of spatial awareness. One panel Luke is in front of Jessica, the next he's punching a robot behind her. Jessica is also apparently taller than spider-man and looks like she's punching his forehead, but he reacts like he was punched in the cheek.

Look at that lazy ass background blur on a still image of a taxi to try and convey movement.

Vibranium

Banned
I love the witch designs in Monstress. It almost feels like Sana Takeda played some Bayonetta haha. Very interested in seeing how Maika develops.

Grayson was fun, I do want to see Bruce make his return so him and Dick can operate in the shadows again.

mmm smell that land art

That bald black tony stark

That Jessica Jones with every other Land girl face

Their baby that literally has the same face as every other adult

That complete lack of spatial awareness. One panel Luke is in front of Jessica, the next he's punching a robot behind her. Jessica is also apparently taller than spider-man and looks like she's punching his forehead, but he reacts like he was punched in the cheek.

Look at that lazy ass background blur on a still image of a taxi to try and convey movement.

So you're a fan then?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When Luke was getting the Mighty Avengers (basically a large scale Heroes for Hire) up and running, SpOck wanted to lead the team. Luke refused, so SpOck got his fucking Spider-mech he built and decided to "arrest" them because he's a fucking egotistical moron. Having endangered wee Danielle, Jessica and Luke beat the shit out of him. I don't remember much past that, since the only reason I read that issue (and a couple of others) was because of Inhumanity.

Then She-Hulk shows up and proceeds to triple-team SpOck with JJ and Luke.

Because you don't fuck with the wee baby Dani.
I have so to read this.

PsychBat!

Banned
Oh brother

diaspora

My emotions are ferocious right now

They got over it by the end of Captain America and the Mighty Avengers. Luke was either inverted or pretending to be inverted during it, but I think he forgave Pete at the end of all of it.
Luke telling Peter he didn't trust him was hilarious though. Like bro, you've had to deal with Kilgrave.

Luke telling Peter he didn't trust him was hilarious though. Like bro, you've had to deal with Kilgrave.

Worst part is he believed what Peter said about the body swap. In fact, everyone did. Still unclear as to whether or not he was actually inverted or not. It's been awhile since I read it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the more likely scenario is that the Sinister Six will make everything miserable, and the only way Peter can make things better is by giving up Parker Industries and his fame and stuff.
But the only question is why. With One More Day, he was just a DEM, but this time, he's actively trying to bring him down.

It could be he's going to give Peter a choice between that future and the one he's living, make the guy chose between doing all that good with his money, and the Uncle Ben Foundation, and his own happiness. Not to mention Aunt May's life.

It would be fucking crazy if Slott's whole damn plan from jump was to get that marriage back :lol

diaspora

It could be he's going to give Peter a choice between that future and the one he's living, make the guy chose between doing all that good with his money, and the Uncle Ben Foundation, and his own happiness. Not to mention Aunt May's life.

It would be fucking crazy if Slott's whole damn plan from jump was to get that marriage back :lol

I don't think Parker Industries is going to be gone. They're making SHIELD tech now, more likely ownership transitions to Sajani, and Peter stays on as a researcher.

Worst part is he believed what Peter said about the body swap. In fact, everyone did. Still unclear as to whether or not he was actually inverted or not. It's been awhile since I read it.

That's why I found it so funny. Like... Luke you've dealt with a mindcontroller and you don't trust your idol because he was mind controlled? OK

diaspora

It certainly feels like the sort of thing they'd do though.

They've been hammering on something happening to the company, but after buying the Baxter Building and being one of the current main developers of SHIELD tech, I feel like they're going to take the company away from Peter rather than outright destroy it. Or maybe they'll get bought out by ALCHEMAX

Top Bottom