• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

I'm caught up with all the current new Marvel releases, and looking to start clearing out a backlog of Image stuff I have stockpiled on Comixology. I'm only caught up on Saga, Fight Club 2, Huck (lol), I Hate Fairyland, Zero, and Rat Queens.

Any recommendations on where to start with these titles? Is there anything I should just drop altogether? Ideally, I'm going to trim this down to 5-10 good titles. I buy way more that I ever have time to read, and I'm going to try to prune this stuff down (you're welcome, comic book industry, for a fool and his money).

Birthright
Black Magick
Black Science - picking up from issue #12
Chrononauts
Codename Baboushka Blah Blah Blah
Deadly Class
Descender
God Hates Astronauts
Jupiter's Circle
Kaptara
Lazarus - picking up from issue #5
Low
Nameless
ODY-C
Outcast
Paper Girls
Pretty Deadly
Red One
Sex Criminals
Southern Bastards
Spread
The Fade Out
The Humans
The Wicked + The Divine
If you like Saga then I would go for Paper Girls since it's also by BKV. It's great so far.
I haven't read The Spire yet, but I've been collecting the floppies. Six Gun Gorilla is far out but I wouldn't say it's hard to follow. Though, I would actually recommend Numbercruncher over Six Gun Gorilla. It's incredibly unique and genius, IMO. I wish more people would read it.
I'm gonna have to check out Numbercruncher, I really enjoyed Six Gun Gorilla

Messi

Thanks. I think I read the first issue of Wicked & Divine several months ago and loved it. Will definitely prioritize catching up on these.

I forgot to mention Monstress. I bought the first two issues after seeing the art work.

Which books would you argue aren't top quality or worth reading? I really do want to trim it down some and just write some of the books off, so to speak. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

Personally I didn't like/enjoy

Codename Baboushka Blah Blah Blah (passed on it didn't like the idea behind it and was turned off by the art)
Jupiter's Circle (I know this gets me shit here but I don't like Quitelys art. I do understand that on a technical level it is great and I see why people like it. But it actually does nothing for me at all)
Kaptara (so let down by this, was very excited for Zdarsky to stretch out and do something on his own. Don't find it anywhere near as engaging as howard the duck, nor is it as funny or clever. Art is fine)
ODY-C (Didn't like the art, found it confusing but I suppose this part is subjective)
Outcast (not a fan of this kind of book)
Pretty Deadly ( At times beautiful, at times too hard to follow for me. I just don't think this book is for me. I got quite fustrated trying to understand it all)
Red One (its only two issues, beautiful art but hollow story. 2 issue arc is lol)

Which Marvel Zombies SW Tie-Ins are the ones I need to read?

Just Marvel Zombines, the one that follows Elsa Bloodstone. I thought it was great fun.

Man, found some Age of Reptiles pictures and they all bring back memories. Amazing. These are from 1993. 1993!

CWDcMTwXIAAM-4_.jpg

There are some VERY bloody panels in this, stuff I can't believe I was allowed to read when I was kid. I can only guess my Nana had no idea how violent this 'comic' was haha

I'm caught up with all the current new Marvel releases, and looking to start clearing out a backlog of Image stuff I have stockpiled on Comixology. I'm only caught up on Saga, Fight Club 2, Huck (lol), I Hate Fairyland, Zero, and Rat Queens.

Any recommendations on where to start with these titles? Is there anything I should just drop altogether? Ideally, I'm going to trim this down to 5-10 good titles. I buy way more that I ever have time to read, and I'm going to try to prune this stuff down (you're welcome, comic book industry, for a fool and his money).

Birthright
Black Magick
Chrononauts
Deadly Class
Descender
God Hates Astronauts
Jupiter's Circle
Kaptara
Low
Nameless
ODY-C
Outcast
Paper Girls
Pretty Deadly
Red One
Sex Criminals
Southern Bastards
Spread
The Fade Out
The Humans
The Wicked + The Divine

I'd say ditch Black Magick (read Rachel Rising, if you need witches). I personally didn't like Jupiter's Legacy so I'd say drop Jupiter's Circle. Pretty Deadly is a bit of a painful book to read, I'd drop that (I actually did drop that). I thought the first issue of Sex Crminals was stupid but everyone else loves that series.

I like Lemire's indie work and hear good things about Decender. I also need to catch up on Lazarus. I really liked the first arc and someone here, forgot who, said that it's even better now than it was in the beginning. Paper Girls is rad. Southern Bastards is really highly regarded. I gotta catch up on it. I have all the floppies but haven't had a chance to read any. It's making a lot of best of the year lists, though. I am caught up on The Outcast and I love it! It's good suspenseful horror that feels like a movie akin to The Exocist.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Birthright
Black Magick

Chrononauts
Deadly Class
Descender
God Hates Astronauts
Jupiter's Circle
Kaptara
Low
Nameless
ODY-C
Outcast
Paper Girls
Pretty Deadly
Red One
Sex Criminals
Southern Bastards
Spread
The Fade Out
The Humans
The Wicked + The Divine

I approve of any of the bolded.

Spread and Paper Girls are personal favorites.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thanks for the Zombie recommention.

Still baffled as fuck how great Old Man Logan was. To sad that Bendis isnt writing the Ongoing.
Man, found some Age of Reptiles pictures and they all bring back memories. Amazing. These are from 1993. 1993!

There are some VERY bloody panels in this, stuff I can't believe I was allowed to read when I was kid. I can only guess my Nana had no idea how violent this 'comic' was haha

Looks great, I think I need that Dark Horse Omni

You've been reading some of my favorite comics in the meantime, so I can't fault you, but I also miss your write ups about the old stuff.

I'll still be reading Marvel, as The Walking Dead can be pretty brutal (in a good way) and Marvel is colourful pick me up after some of the dark gritty stories of The Walking Dead. I didn't want to do any write ups for The Walking Dead, as it still seems recent enough for others to have not read and I don't want to spoil it. It's one of those series everyone should be able to read entirely blind -- even more so if they've watched the TV show.

I'm 50 issues in now.
and... WTF CAROL!?

You aren't ready

It shall be read this weekend, starting tonight!

Enjoy the lewdness

I've only just noticed she's breast feeding on the front cover. I guess that's a sign of things to come!

Looks great, I think I need that Dark Horse Omni

I find it odd that I bought this, having only really read the Beano beforehand and that there was a place in Newcastle or Doncaster that stocked Dark Horse comics in the 90s! Jurassic Park has a lot to answer for (I was never allowed to see it as a kid as they said it was too scary for me).

Messi

I'll still be reading Marvel, as The Walking Dead can be pretty brutal (in a good way) and Marvel is colourful pick me up after some of the dark gritty stories of The Walking Dead. I didn't want to do any write ups for The Walking Dead, as it still seems recent enough for others to have not read and I don't want to spoil it. It's one of those series everyone should be able to read entirely blind -- even more so if they've watched the TV show.

I'm 50 issues in now.
and... WTF CAROL!?

It shall be read this weekend, starting tonight!

I've only just noticed she's breast feeding on the front cover. I guess that's a sign of things to come!

You have no idea lol

Messi

I think I got halfway through the first issue before I was like "Nope. Not for me." Way too lewd for my sweet little eyes.

Probably best to jump out if that kind of lewdness isnt for you. Its not regular but when it happens it is visual. I'd say the violence is a bigger deterrent for some or it should be. That book is violent.

I fucking love it ALL

Probably best to jump out if that kind of lewdness isnt for you. Its not regular but when it happens it is visual. I'd say the violence is a bigger deterrent for some or it should be. That book is violent.

Worse than The Walking Dead? Like there's stuff happening in that where even I'm like... 'ooh, really?' and I'm the kind of person that laughs all the way through horror movies!

tim1138

Birthright
Black Magick
Chrononauts
Deadly Class
Descender
God Hates Astronauts
Jupiter's Circle
Kaptara
Low
Nameless
ODY-C
Outcast
Paper Girls
Pretty Deadly
Red One
Sex Criminals
Southern Bastards
Spread
The Fade Out
The Humans
The Wicked + The Divine

God Hates Astronauts is one of my favorites and has ended, so you can get the whole run and be good (it was only 10 issues).

Pretty Deadly is an odd book, I liked it, but you almost have to read it all in one sitting to keep everything straight.

Sex Criminals is amazing and should be read by everyone.

ODY-C is a trippy as shit space opera that started as a gender swapped take on the Odyssey but is now incorporating all kinds of mythology and stories. Fraction's writing is on point and Christian Ward's art is breathtaking.

Kaptara was a huge disappointment.

Descender has fantastic art but I thought the story was pretty bland and forgettable, dropped it 4 or 5 issues in and never looked back.

Nameless only has one issue left and is super fucked up and awesome. It's almost like a Morrison take on Event Horizon.

Messi

Worse than The Walking Dead? Like there's stuff happening in that where even I'm like... 'ooh, really?' and I'm the kind of person that laughs all the way through horror movies!

watch them build up something , make you love it and feel for it and then they are going to blow its face off. do not get attached. you will get attached and BKV will hurt you.

There is funny violence, badass violence and really sad violence. Saga has all of them in various amounts.

Its great though. Great comics.

Saga is lewd? Really? I would just say it's adult.

I fucking love it ALL

*Fistbump*

Tough to compare the two. I think TWD is more brutal. Maybe just because the world is more relateable? Plus TWD will go to really messed up, dark places. And it will kill people who have been around for dozens of issues. I feel like Saga is more a series of comparably smaller heartbreaks.

Carol? What happened with Carol where you're at? I could guess, but I don't want to spoil you. I looked over the issue you just read, though, and, yeah, that's dark times. Even for this series. You get your first solid glimpse of what a badass Carl is, though. Stupid, but badass.

There is funny violence, badass violence and really sad violence. Saga has all of them in various amounts.

So true.

Messi

*Fistbump*

Tough to compare the two. I think TWD is more brutal. Maybe just because the world is more relateable? Plus TWD will go to really messed up, dark places. And it will kill people who have been around for dozens of issues. I feel like Saga is more a series of comparably smaller heartbreaks.

Carol? What happened with Carol where you're at? I could guess, but I don't want to spoil you. I looked over the issue you just read, though, and, yeah, that's dark times. Even for this series. You get your first solid glimpse of what a badass Carl is, though. Stupid, but badass.

So true.

Lewd covers all kind of sexiness. I would also like to say lewd isnt a negative term to me. Sunstone is lewd, sex criminals is lewd. Sometimes saga is tasteful about sex/adult stuff and other times (late book saga spoilers, beware)
Its a dragon sucking himself off or prince robot taking a phone call while taking a shit.

Can someone tell me what issue I am in walking dead? I have no idea
Rick and co have been invited into a village that looks like it has survived and they are trying to replicate their old lives. Rick is a cop again.

Lewd covers all kind of sexiness. I would also like to say lewd isnt a negative term to me. Sunstone is lewd, sex criminals is lewd. Sometimes saga is tasteful about sex/adult stuff and other times (late book saga spoilers, beware)
Its a dragon sucking himself off or prince robot taking a phone call while taking a shit.

Rick and co have been invited into a village that looks like it has survived and they are trying to replicate their old lives. Rick is a cop again.

Omg the
dragon!
Ha! Ok, ok, Saga is occasionally lewd.

Oh man. No clue. It all blends together for me. I need a reread.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Around 70 or so.

The entire story of Carol is crazy, like her life before the outbreak was pretty messed up with domestic abuse. Then her need to be loved driving her to suicide after Tyreese did his thing. Then coming on to Lori. Then her death. It was just really dark and sad.

I'm reading this having watched the TV show since episode #1 so the Carol I know is like the complete polar opposite, so it came as a huge surprise to see what she was like in the comics.

Damn. Adult really DOES cover it. I've just read a few pages and it's not what I was expecting at all! I think I'm going to like, but I feel totally aware I'm reading it in the same room as my wife and I'm like... will she understand. She's currently pregnant too.

Messi

Omg the
dragon!
Ha! Ok, ok, Saga is occasionally lewd.

Oh man. No clue. It all blends together for me. I need a reread.

Yeah that
dragon
is going to stick with me. But nowhere near as much as some of the deaths are. I love that a book has made me care enough to actually be upset when they take someone away from us. I feel like when saga is over it is going to be an incredible series to re read.

The entire story of Carol is crazy, like her life before the outbreak was pretty messed up with domestic abuse. Then her need to be loved driving her to suicide after Tyreese did his thing. Then coming on to Lori. Then her death. It was just really dark and sad.

I'm reading this having watched the TV show since episode #1 so the Carol I know is like the complete polar opposite, so it came as a huge surprise to see what she was like in the comics.

How do you feel about show Andrea vs book Andrea. I love the book Andrea but hated her in the TV show. They gave he such a bad role in the show.

Yeah book Andrea is WAY better than TV show Andrea. I think most of the characters are better in the book, except for perhaps Herschel, Glenn and Maggie. However, Glenn being a little weasley kid is sort of refreshing. Maggie doesn't have any real character yet. Herschel being half priest/farmer seems a bit plain right now.

Yeah book Andrea is WAY better than TV show Andrea. I think most of the characters are better in the book, except for perhaps Herschel, Glenn and Maggie. However, Glenn being a little weasley kid is sort of refreshing. Maggie doesn't have any real character yet. Herschel being half priest/farmer seems a bit plain right now.
I like alot of characters in the books more than the show, but show Shane is great.

Damn. Adult really DOES cover it. I've just read a few pages and it's not what I was expecting at all! I think I'm going to like, but I feel totally aware I'm reading it in the same room as my wife and I'm like... will she understand. She's currently pregnant too.

It's true about Carol.
Pretty sad story.
But one very good thing comes of all that..

Yeah that
dragon
is going to stick with me. But nowhere near as much as some of the deaths are. I love that a book has made me care enough to actually be upset when they take someone away from us. I feel like when saga is over it is going to be an incredible series to re read.

How do you feel about show Andrea vs book Andrea. I love the book Andrea but hated her in the TV show. They gave he such a bad role in the show.

I'm still burned up about
The Brand. So rare to get a non gender normative character in comics and then she's offed. Such a pisser.

What they did to my Andrea on that show was unforgivable. Beginning with the casting. Not nearly as bad as what they did to my man Dale. But, yeah, I can't even with TV Andrea. Book Andrea is the GOAT.

Yeah the slow burn the show did with Shane was great, it seemed too quick in the books but then I feel a lot of things happen too quick. I'm starting to get used to it now, the difference in pacing between TV Show (with it's filler) and the concise format of the comics.

Stuff about Shane -
Rick going back to shoot Shane though. Wow.

The entire Prison/The Governor story arch was just mental. I'm not surprised at all they couldn't do anything near what happened in the books. Michonne is on another level.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
There is a gap in my TWD reading. I read up to the issue where
Rick and Michonne
initially escape from Woodbury. Then I picked it up again with the "TAINTED MEAT!" issue and have read to the end of All Out War.

Messi

It's true about Carol.
Pretty sad story.
But one very good thing comes of all that..

I'm still burned up about
The Brand. So rare to get a non gender normative character in comics and then she's offed. Such a pisser.

What they did to my Andrea on that show was unforgivable. Beginning with the casting. Not nearly as bad as what they did to my man Dale. But, yeah, I can't even with TV Andrea. Book Andrea is the GOAT.

Most recent issue of saga spoilers

Do you think that
woman that Hazel walked in on having a shower in the most recent issue will be a character going forward?
I really loved the most recent issue. Following hazel was amazing.
I love the stupid sense of humor they have given her.Trying to show off and make people laugh

Yeah the slow burn the show did with Shane was great, it seemed too quick in the books but then I feel a lot of things happen too quick. I'm starting to get used to it now, the difference in pacing between TV Show (with it's filler) and the concise format of the comics.

Stuff about Shane -
Rick going back to shoot Shane though. Wow.

The entire Prison/The Governor story arch was just mental. I'm not surprised at all they couldn't do anything near what happened in the books. Michonne is on another level.

I think the book slows down a bit eventually. Decompresses. And there are some lull periods. You know, comparatively.

The Shane thing..
Did Rick shoot Shane in the show? I can't remember exactly how it goes in the books, but I though Carl shot Shane.

Yeah, the Prisoner/Governor climax in the books is nuts. I have hated
Rick ever since. I blame his idiocy for all those deaths. And The Govenor's end is a bit anti-climactic. I would have liked to see him suffer more.
Michonne is indeed really rad. At least at first. I feel she's one of the more poorly written characters later on.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Still cant get behind that Ricks wife and his collegue had sex on the side of the road while there was a fucking zombie apocalypse going on and all this just hours after she left his man behind.
Really. Thats the most stupid thing I can imagine in that scenario.

I think the book slows down a bit eventually. Decompresses. And there are some lull periods. You know, comparatively.

The Shane thing..
Did Rick shoot Shane in the show? I can't remember exactly how it goes in the books, but I though Carl shot Shane.

Yeah, the Prisoner/Governor climax in the books is nuts. I have hated
Rick ever since. I blame his idiocy for all those deaths. And The Govenor's end is a bit anti-climactic. I would have liked to see him suffer more.
Michonne is indeed really rad. At least at first. I feel she's one of the more poorly written characters later on.

Yeah about Shane
Carl shoots him to save his Dad, as Shane is going to kill Rick over Lori. Then later on Rick leaves the Prison after finding people turn once they die, and it's not related to being bit. He digs up Shane and shoots him.

Rick is just a cold blooded killer, and a total hypocrite in the books. I don't think that comes across at all in the TV Show. He is pretty difficult to like, at least now. He starts of somewhat likeable, but yeah he's so thick-headed and has so much death on his hand(s) that he's a menace.

It's interesting see Carl slowly (but certainly quicker than the rest of the group) acclimatise to the world he lives in. It's a little scary how blasé about it all he currently is.

Still cant get behind that Ricks wife and his collegue had sex on the side of the road while there was a fucking zombie apocalypse going on and all this just hours after she left his man behind.
Really. Thats the most stupid thing I can imagine in that scenario.

Yeah, I totally agree. It seemed longer on the TV show, but the books mention it's only hours. It is a bit strange. Another one of those moments were things are just too quick to happen.

Y The Last Man: Adult
Saga: Adult XXX

If you like Saga then I would go for Paper Girls since it's also by BKV. It's great so far.

Yeah, I'm a BKV fanboy. Y: The Last Man is still my favorite. I'll definitely hop on board.

Codename Baboushka Blah Blah Blah (passed on it didn't like the idea behind it and was turned off by the art)
Jupiter's Circle (I know this gets me shit here but I don't like Quitelys art. I do understand that on a technical level it is great and I see why people like it. But it actually does nothing for me at all)
Kaptara (so let down by this, was very excited for Zdarsky to stretch out and do something on his own. Don't find it anywhere near as engaging as howard the duck, nor is it as funny or clever. Art is fine)
ODY-C (Didn't like the art, found it confusing but I suppose this part is subjective)
Pretty Deadly ( At times beautiful, at times too hard to follow for me. I just don't think this book is for me. I got quite fustrated trying to understand it all)
Red One (its only two issues, beautiful art but hollow story. 2 issue arc is lol)

Thanks. I can't stand Quitely...didn't even realize that was his. This is a pretty good start to trimming, so I appreciate it.

I'd say ditch Black Magick (read Rachel Rising, if you need witches). I personally didn't like Jupiter's Legacy so I'd say drop Jupiter's Circle. Pretty Deadly is a bit of a painful book to read, I'd drop that (I actually did drop that). I thought the first issue of Sex Crminals was stupid but everyone else loves that series.

I like Lemire's indie work and hear good things about Decender. I also need to catch up on Lazarus. I really liked the first arc and someone here, forgot who, said that it's even better now than it was in the beginning. Paper Girls is rad. Southern Bastards is really highly regarded. I gotta catch up on it. I have all the floppies but haven't had a chance to read any. It's making a lot of best of the year lists, though. I am caught up on The Outcast and I love it! It's good suspenseful horror that feels like a movie akin to The Exocist.

Lazarus started off with a bang for me, then I got distracted with real life. I do intend to catch up with it eventually. Thanks.

I approve of any of the bolded.

Spread and Paper Girls are personal favorites.

Good stuff.

God Hates Astronauts is one of my favorites and has ended, so you can get the whole run and be good (it was only 10 issues).

Pretty Deadly is an odd book, I liked it, but you almost have to read it all in one sitting to keep everything straight.

Sex Criminals is amazing and should be read by everyone.

ODY-C is a trippy as shit space opera that started as a gender swapped take on the Odyssey but is now incorporating all kinds of mythology and stories. Fraction's writing is on point and Christian Ward's art is breathtaking.

Kaptara was a huge disappointment.

Descender has fantastic art but I thought the story was pretty bland and forgettable, dropped it 4 or 5 issues in and never looked back.

Nameless only has one issue left and is super fucked up and awesome. It's almost like a Morrison take on Event Horizon.

A couple of negatives on Kaptara. I might give one issue a shot, but I think it will be a drop.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, I totally agree. It seemed longer on the TV show, but the books mention it's only hours. It is a bit strange. Another one of those moments were things are just too quick to happen.
And its not even that she is fucking his coworker so shortly after she left him behind, its more the unprotected sex on the side of the road while there are fucking zombies around. I mean, sure, sometimes you just have to do it and you cant find a bedroom, but who the hell wants to have sex while you can be bitten and torn apart by the undead?

VanWinkle

I looked through the samples of these on Comixology, and going by previous things you've said, I realize that I agree with you a LOT regarding art. We must have fairly similar tastes in that regard.

Messi

I looked through the samples of these on Comixology, and going by previous things you've said, I realize that I agree with you a LOT regarding art. We must have fairly similar tastes in that regard.

I like things that are quite cartoony and colourful, think Harley Quinn, Saga, Shutter, Quinones. Or for a blanket statement on what I like. People who have worked with Bendis on Miles Spider-Man, Guardians or his two X-Men titles. He gets the best people.

Aside from that I worship Sejic and Terry Moore artistically. Strangers in Paradise is a tour de force of cartooning. Read it if you get a chance.

Rick is just a cold blooded killer, and a total hypocrite in the books. I don't think that comes across at all in the TV Show. He is pretty difficult to like, at least now. He starts of somewhat likeable, but yeah he's so thick-headed and has so much death on his hand(s) that he's a menace.

It's interesting see Carl slowly (but certainly quicker than the rest of the group) acclimatise to the world he lives in. It's a little scary how blasé about it all he currently is.

Yeah, I think we are supposed to take it that Rick is being really changed by what's happening around him. But it just comes across as him being a big flip floppy hypocrite. He does
admit to changing his mind, though, regarding whether killing people is ok or not. What I hate is that he leaves no room for other opinions, despite the fact that his own opinion changes so much. Not to mention how he's responsible for setting so many allies up to die, ugh! He's a fucking idiot. One reason I respect Dale so much is that he was one of the few characters we see who is like, fuck this guy. We shouldn't follow him.

As for Carl, it truly is interesting to see how the children of this world acclimate and adapt. Talk about a new generation.

And its not even that she is fucking his coworker so shortly after she left him behind, its more the unprotected sex on the side of the road while there are fucking zombies around. I mean, sure, sometimes you just have to do it and you cant find a bedroom, but who the hell wants to have sex while you can be bitten and torn apart by the undead?

I do not understand this beef at all. They were
in a car and therefore relatively safe from zombies. These two were terrified by what was happening to the world around them and their loved ones. Shane was in love with her. Lori needed to feel comfort, she needed to escape her situation for a moment.
It makes all the sense.

Yeah, I think we are supposed to take it that Rick is being really changed by what's happening around him. But it just comes across as him being a big flip floppy hypocrite. He does
admit to changing his mind, though, regarding whether killing people is ok or not. What I hate is that he leaves no room for other opinions, despite the fact that his own opinion changes so much. Not to mention how he's responsible for setting so many allies up to die, ugh! He's a fucking idiot. One reason I respect Dale so much is that he was one of the few characters we see who is like, fuck this guy. We shouldn't follow him.

As for Carl, it truly is interesting to see how the children of this world acclimate and adapt. Talk about a new generation.

I mean Rick is totally responsible for Lori and Judy's death too -- which totally blew me away with the full page artwork of it too. Seriously. wow.
I'm looking forward to the next few issues to see how he handles everything that's just happened at the Prison, if he does at all.

Messi

I mean Rick is totally responsible for Lori and Judy's death too -- which totally blew me away with the full page artwork of it too. Seriously. wow.
I'm looking forward to the next few issues to see how he handles everything that's just happened at the Prison, if he does at all.

Watching the show and then seeing that in the book was fucking nuts. christ the book was fucked up.

Yeah, that splash page was absolutely shocking. I remember gasping. My heart was racing throughout prison battle. One of the most horrific moments of the series. One of.

Yeah, man. The Walking Dead seems like the first comic line where I'm like... this medium is so much more than I thought it was. There are things happening on those pages that you're shielded from in most other mediums of entertainment. I mean I've read similar stuff happening in Game of Thrones, and I guess seen 'off-camera' those events happen on the TV show of GoT too. However, to see it drawn out like it was in TWD is just 'Whow, hang on...'.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lol at Otto outing Hobgoblin, what a dick move even if hobs is a villain. I'm loving Superior, this must have been super refreshing at the time

Yeah, man. The Walking Dead seems like the first comic line where I'm like... this medium is so much more than I thought it was. There are things happening on those pages that you're shielded from in most other mediums of entertainment. I mean I've read similar stuff happening in Game of Thrones, and I guess seen 'off-camera' those events happen on the TV show of GoT too. However, to see it drawn out like it was in TWD is just 'Whow, hang on...'.

That's how I feel about Preacher

TheFlow

Banned
This thread is too damn dangerous to my wallet, especially seeing that big Sin City collection and the Hellboy volumes. Those are both stories I've been interested in after seeing the movies. Do they cover everything I'd need to read before branching out?
Just read the library editions of hellboy and if you wanna read more then check out the spinoffs.

Sin city is definitely the greatest hardcover I own next to to the usagi saga

Top Bottom