• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Had to Google "gwen carnage"

Amazing-Spider-Man-Gwen-Stacy-Carnage.jpg

Lol :/

That's pretty creepy. Poor Gwen so much stuff happens to this girl.

Zombine

Banned
Hasn't the Archie company been downsizing lately though?

I think? But I've been checking out a lot of the really old stuff from the 60s and whatnot. It's pretty awesome. The Archie 75 series is a really nice place to jump in.

Also, Archie vs Predator was amazing lol

shingi70

Banned
No. It's Bendis writing either events or team books. He doesn't do either well but keeps doing them.

Bendis is great at street level and solo books. That's his roots from his early indie days. Hell Jessica jones is practically him recreating his early character Jinx

It's not just Guardians. It's all his team books, his solo stuff is great.

I enjoyed his Avengers run up intill the heroic age which felt a bit too long in the tooth.

-----------------------------------------

Fucking why? It's so baaaaaaaaad
-----------------------------------------------

I'm a Gluton for punishment and had already been reading a few of the books already.

Really enjoyed the Gwenpool Holiday special. I wasn't too keen on the art for the She-hulk parts, however the Kamela, Hawkeye, and Gwenpool stories were fun.

I guess maybe DC is doing something big for April? May? I dunno, it just seems like with 50th issue milestones and their biggest movie ever in theaters and everything else that's going on, they'd be doing more than... this.

What do you mean? They are doing something.... jacking up the price to $4.99 on all those #50's.

I can't find the interview but they said they were planning something for #50, which would include miss martian in a prominent role. I can believe it,
a lot of returns to status quo for the trinity, Superman meeting Pre-flashpoint Superman, Batman Returning, Darkseid War ending at #50
. Sounds like they're paving the way for the next big thing. I see no reason that Darkseid War won't kick off another event, it happened in Forever Evil & Trinity War, train never stops.

I'm guessing a line wide renumbering + maybe price increase to echo Marvel's current strategy.

Also love Shazam's costume in the JL solicit.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
is Lumberjanes appropriate for a very young girl? she's just starting to read and i wanted to get her a fun, age appropriate comic

Boogiepop

So, I just had a weird realization: Flash Venom's been around for quite some time now, so that means that... Carnage has been the main/only villainous symbiote for a while as well, as a result. Just a weird thing to think of...

Oh, and continuing my way through the Mignolaverse. Following the reading order I'm using I'm getting real close to BPRD: Hell on Earth, having read the other stuff along the way. It's funny to realize that it really is the Mignolaverse and it'd be wrong to call it the Hellboy Universe as some may be tempted to, as BPRD is honestly more the core and the longer title, at least nowadays. Oh, and it's kind of funny (though not at all disliked as it's a damn cool design) how often the Black Flame seems to pop up across the various titles (and yeah, it's partially because of the whole legacy thing, to be fair).

The one disappointment to me in the Mignolaverse, though, is how very little we get the main cast (like a bare minimum of Hellboy, Abe, and Liz) actually working together instead of all going off on their own things.

I like Ultimate Spider-Man but the book is the epitome of Bendis-speak. It gets on my nerves.

"I'm going to school."
"YOU'RE going to school?"
"Yeah-I'm going to school."
"Ok."
"Ok?"
"Yeah! OK!"
*Peter looks at MJ*
*MJ Looks at Peter*

"I'm going to school."

I also like Ultimate Spider-Man but goddamn this brought back some annoying memories lol.

I totally plan to read my Baby Marvel comics. Only a few more weeks to go until it arrives in this world. We're still trying to sort out names. I've suggested Batman, but that was a no-go.

Messi

diaspora

So, Black Cat is essentially trying to be Dark Reign era Red Hood crossed with the Kingpin, combined with Hydra style brainwashing? Well nothing could go wrong with that at all.

Owzers

In for batman earth one vol 2 despite owning vol 1 in hardcover format....I hate this, but the hc is 13.74.

edit: Took Batman Earth One hardcover off the shelf to feel what i've been missing with this purchase..i'm conflicted, digital comics might be a mistake but they sure look good.

VanWinkle

I really want to get those Earth One volumes but I want to have them all in physical form and I know that if I buy them digitally I'll be less compelled buy them physically.

I will have to pass on them. Any single digital volume I've bought, I ended up wishing that I had it in physical.

Top Bottom