• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Yo Comicgaf!

Been reading since I was in middle school trade wise, and stared reading monthly with the new 52. Currently read mostly Marvel with some DC in the mix (Batgirl, Justice League, Black Canary, Dk3) and some indie stuff like Sejic, and some Valiant books.

Welcome!

I bought six comics today and it cost like $22. I miss Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales already.

For those of y'all not in the Hangout:

Holy shit, Robin War was basically perfect. Only complaint was the way they kept switching artists. I figure they were trying to give all of the people doing the tie-ins a couple of pages in the main book. I appreciate the idea, but it could have been better handled.

But seriously, ONLY complaint. Everything else was wonderful. Menacing when it needed to be menacing, funny when humor was called for. Also, the meeting everybody's been waiting for! (not really plot spoilery but it's a fun moment)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...a3gEUnbY/w570-h872-no/Damian+meets+RoBats.PNG
Damian vs. RoBats! Damian vs. a Giant Pile of Robins! Duke vs. a police car! And an interesting premise for all of the conflict.

Legit great stuff.

For those of y'all not in the Hangout:

Holy shit, Robin War was basically perfect. Only complaint was the way they kept switching artists. I figure they were trying to give all of the people doing the tie-ins a couple of pages in the main book. I appreciate the idea, but it could have been better handled.

But seriously, ONLY complaint. Everything else was wonderful. Menacing when it needed to be menacing, funny when humor was called for. Also, the meeting everybody's been waiting for! (not really plot spoilery but it's a fun moment)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...a3gEUnbY/w570-h872-no/Damian+meets+RoBats.PNG
Damian vs. RoBats! Damian vs. a Giant Pile of Robins! Duke vs. a police car! And an interesting premise for all of the conflict.

Legit great stuff.

Yeah, I thought it was great. Tom King 2/2 so far. Have to read Vision still.

Messi

speaking of the merge, did you see Olivia Wilde on Jimmy Kimmel last night? I did not, but saw her name as a guest for part of their fundraising show thing.

I will once I get home and can watch my recording. She is always a fun guest.

Shingi I like your new avatar.

shingi70

Banned
Reminds me of that Iron Man panel from Invincbile #2.

Man Splatoon is legit hype, I haven't had this much fun playing multiplayer since the Halo 5 beta last year.

Anyone pick up Sheriff of Babylon? How is it?

Is the Private Eye hardcover worth it?

I haven't read Private Eye myself but you could always check it out online before buying the hardcover. You get to name the price

Image hardcovers tend to be quality so I'm sure the book itself is nice. The pictures that BKV put on Twitter looked good. Those that did read it here said it was a good comic so it seems like a safe choice.

Yousefb

Good to know Robin War is good.
Anyone read Daredevil yet? I've been looking forward to this the most from ANAD Marvel.

Pls don't celebrate the death of an amazing comic like Gotham Academy. Beginning of the end :(

We shall see.

I think it'll weather the artist transition just fine.

Vision #2 is, much like issue 1, creepy in all the right ways. The narrator is pitch perfect, I've never seen a storytelling device quite like it.

Slizz

I haven't read Private Eye myself but you could always check it out online before buying the hardcover. You get to name the price

Image hardcovers tend to be quality so I'm sure the book itself is nice. The pictures that BKV put on Twitter looked good. Those that did read it here said it was a good comic so it seems like a safe choice.
Just read #1, 'widescreen' hardcover 10 issue arc for 50$ seems reasonable, especially for how this book all came to fruition.

Someone buy me this book
JUL151293.jpg
Zulli drew some of my favorite Sandman issues and that adaptation of Alice Cooper's The Last Temptation he also did with Gaiman.

Slizz

The Fade Out #11 was fuggin awesome!

with that said... "Wooffff"
Who the f*@k you looking at woman!?....

Damn I didn't notice how bad the quality is

But really Sean Phillips is one of my favs

MUCH better

I'm just waiting for #12 to come out already. I haven't read 11 yet jus waiting to do a full read through at this point.

Squire

Banned
Is Hellcat Trish from Jessica Jones?

Presumably Leth had written multiple issues by the time the show hit. I'd guess the characterization is her own. I mean the book is called "Patsy Waller", so it's already not "Trish" as we know her from JJ.

Edit: I guess I misunderstood your question!

Was that new Inhumans book that came out today any good? Art looked good but i don't think I can buy a $5 Inhumans book without hearing impressions first

shingi70

Banned
Is Runaways by Brian K Vaughn (2003) good? I bought the OHC of it, that has the full 2003 run of 18 issues.

It's one pretty much a modern day cloak and dagger, that makes you wonder why you don't seem these characters to often.

Speaking of which I like Nico's new costume on the cover of A-force #3. It's much better than the moo moo she's been wearing as of late.

AFORCE2015003_cov.jpg

Sadist

Extraordinary X-Men #3

lol what
Scott attacked the Inhumans and got his ass killed? What the hell. Fucking Marvel, I need something more than just a few lines. Haha, Marvel really hates Scott Summers right now. Oh right, everything else was okay. I'll keep reading this

The Totally Awesome Hulk #1

I liked it. Also shed some light on we have a new Hulk. Will certainly read issue 2.

It was so nice to see Amanda Conner's art in Harley's Little Black Book, even if it was only for a fraction of the pages. Still, it was a fun comic.

shingi70

Banned
I'm not even a huge X-men fan and prefer the inhumans but its weird that the mutants have become villains since AvX. Didn't the last run end ona positive note?

Top Bottom