• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

List five of your favorite artists. Doesn't have to be in order or ABSOLUTE TOP five. Just five of your favorites. I'm going to include a picture of a page of theirs, just to show off their art style. You don't have to do that part.

Mine:

Darwyn Cooke

Francesco Francavilla

Greg Capullo

Dustin Nguyen

Francis Manapul
I'm on my phone, so I'll throw out just the artists and post the art later:

Andrea Sorrentino
Joe Madureira
Seijic
Mike Mignola
Alex Maleev

Runner ups include Gabriel Ba, John Cassaday, Chris Bachalo, and Daniel Acuna

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stop replying to me please

giphy.gif

List five of your favorite artists. Doesn't have to be in order or ABSOLUTE TOP five. Just five of your favorites. I'm going to include a picture of a page of theirs, just to show off their art style. You don't have to do that part.

Mine:

Darwyn Cooke

Francesco Francavilla

Greg Capullo

Dustin Nguyen

Francis Manapul

My list looks a lot like your list :p

Out of artists you haven't named, I'll go for Joe Mad, Emanuela Lupacchino, Andrea Sorrentino, Cliff Chiang, and... Barnaby Bagenda. Honorable mentions go to Patrick Gleason and James Harvey, who I haven't read much of but he did make the single prettiest comic I have ever seen.

We Are Robin #4. Whole issue looks like that, it's bonkers.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My top 5 favorite artists.

The guy who draws Manifest Destiny

The guy who draws Black Science

The lady who draws Monstress

Nicola Scott

The lady who draws Starfire

off the top of my head

Mike Allred
Jeff Stokely
Jamie McKelvie
Giannis Milonogiannis
JRJR

TheFlow

Banned
Mike Mignola-hellboy

darwyn cooke- parker, justice league frontier

Stan sakai- the legend himself, famous for usagi

Fiona Staples-the person who draws archie/saga

I am also liking the person behind Monstress

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jose luis garcia lopez, frank frazetta, Jack Kirby, Art Adams, Alan Davis, John Byrne, Mike Golden, George Perez, Frank Quitely, Bernie Wrightson, Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, Mike Mignola, Joe Mad, Patrick Gleason, Chris burnham, Ryan Ottley, tim sale.

My favorites at the moment:

Amanda Conner - Bouncy, fun, and charming. I love her style even if the girls have a bit of sameface. She has fun drawing and it's very obvious.

Mike Mignola - The master of atmosphere. He knows how to make a moody tone. I love his use of solid colors and blacks. His compositions are next-level.

Paul Pope - Every time I look at his pieces I can't help but think it looks sick (in a good way). The way he draws effects and text blows me away at times.

Kyle Baker - Baker's perfect for comedy as far as I'm concerned. His exaggerated expressions and flowy art are just wonderful. I kinda agree with frye when he says he can overuse computer effects sometimes, but man, I can't hate his stuff.

Jaime Hernandez - One of the best American cartoonists, his use of black and white is just fantastic.

Even then, there are still a ton of artists I could also list: Duncan Fegredo, David Aja, Annie Wu, JHW3, Chris Samnee, Wes Craig, John Byrne, etc.

Rhaknar

Can't believe there's no Emma in All New all Different

Fucking Marvel

Edit: love that Amanda Conner art, she done any Marvel?

Messi

Dude, just wait for a new Astonishing run.
-Emma
-Rachel Grey
-The Cuckoos
-Eva Bell
-Armor

Shadow King and Cassandra Nova as main villains

Why you hatin?

Never been a fan of Cyclops. That said also not a fan of Wolverine. Usually it seems to be one or the other.

Rhaknar

Dude, just wait for a new Astonishing run.
-Emma
-Rachel Grey
-The Cuckoos
-Eva Bell
-Armor

Shadow King and Cassandra Nova as main villains

Does it bring you pleasure to hurt me BK?

Captain Marvel & the Carol Corps #1 was a lot better than I expected, I wasn't feeling it at first but once it started being about questioning what exactly is out there beyond Battleworld it got its hooks in me. Color me intrigued.

Messi

Does it bring you pleasure to hurt me BK?

Captain Marvel & the Carol Corps #1 was a lot better than I expected, I wasn't feeling it at first but once it started being about questioning what exactly is out there beyond Battleworld it got its hooks in me. Color me intrigued.

Loved it.

Rhaknar

All New All Different X-Factor

Emma Frost
Rachel Gray
Gambit
Havok
Polaris
Danger

Taking the fight to Serval Industries

:(

I have no idea. I haven't read a pre-secret wars Marvel book in like 11 years. She was alive in Battleworld though which means they could bring her back. Wouldn't be the first time she has escaped a dying reality.
The Stepford Cuckoos are Emma's protege's (There used to be 5, but Sophie and Esmee were killed)
Eva is one of Scott's X-Men pre-SW. She time travels
Armor is from Astonishing X-Men. She can create a psychic armor around her.
All New All Different X-Factor

Emma Frost
Rachel Gray
Gambit
Havok
Polaris
Danger

:(
I'd rather Gambit be on X-Force. Although the new Uncanny looks like X-Force.

Spurrier's team minus Psylocke, Cable, and Fantomex. Add Bishop, Gambit, and Mystique (or is she a part of Magneto's Uncanny?)

Rhaknar

Mystique is in Magneto's team

Mags, Mystique, Betsy, M, Sabretooth (still inverted I guess?), Archangel (when did this happen? Last time we saw current time Warren he was a happy fool with no memories and feather wings wasn't he?)

Edit: and Fantomex too...that's a hell of a team and it totally should be called X-Force lol

Mystique is in Magneto's team

Mags, Mystique, Betsy, M, Sabretooth (still inverted I guess?), Archangel (when did this happen? Last time we saw current time Warren he was a happy fool with no memories and feather wings wasn't he?)

Edit: and Fantomex too...that's a hell of a team and it totally should be called X-Force lol
It really should, because it literally is
When i read Bendis' GotG i picture Drax as Roman Reigns and it makes it easier to get through.
But you hate Roman Reigns...

Messi

I don't watch wrestling anymore, haven't in years but when I flick by it on TV and I happen to see Reigns I always think... That guy has the look of being a top guy, the type Vince likes. No idea if this is true or not. I like his look.

Ok I thought of two artists. I'll circle back with images when I compile the full list. But these two are locks

Terry Moore - best facial expressions in the biz. His work in Strangers in Paradise, Echo, and Rachel's Rising is all amazing.

David Mack - love his collage mix art style. Kabuki is an amazing experience that evolves into a fusion of art and story that is more than the standard panels with thought bubbles

Wouldn't be surprised if Sabertooth is still inverted. Who the hell would want him back to normal.
He's basically Angel (the vampire with a soul) now. I'm okay with it
I don't watch wrestling anymore, haven't in years but when I flick by it on TV and I happen to see Reigns I always think... That guy has the look of being a top guy, the type Vince likes. No idea if this is true or not. I like his look.
He gets a huge push, but he's written poorly, has a crappy special, and zero mic skills (though he claims to be working on what he can to improve his character. Writing is out of his hands).

Rhaknar

So here's a question. In the literal thousands (!) Of comics I read in this year or so of MU subscription, I barely read any Hulk. I could go for some Hulk (the male one, I've already read most of She Hulk because she's my waif...wait, nvm that part), what are some good Hulk runs besides Planet Hulk (which I already added to my queue)?

Messi

He's basically Angel (the vampire with a soul) now. I'm okay with it

He gets a huge push, but he's written poorly, has a crappy special, and zero mic skills (though he claims to be working on what he can to improve his character. Writing is out of his hands).

He can't say what he likes on the mic like Austin used to do?

So here's a question. In the literal thousands (!) Of comics I read in this year or so of MU subscription, I barely read any Hulk. I could go for some Hulk (the male one, I've already read most of She Hulk because she's my waif...wait, nvm that part), what are some good Hulk runs besides Planet Hulk (which I already added to my queue)?

I'm not an expert, but I think Peter David has a good Hulk run, though I might be lying. I remember being given a list in the Hulk being in Thor Ragnarok thread

Thought his name was on it

Planet hulk. Peter David's 80s Decade or so run

You're pretty much done after that

Owzers

It really should, because it literally is

But you hate Roman Reigns...

But he speared HHH! And he superman punches people all the time, he could have killed them but chose not to.

Pretttttty much, they've been trying to push Reigns to the top for awhile despite lots of booing, Vince himself came down monday to kick roman in the nuts in the ring and then at the main match he let Roman superman punch him in the face.

Well, around the face area.

Batman Earth One is pretty damn good.

Yeah, I'm really pleasantly surprised by it. It was the first Earth One thing I'd read, and all I really knew about them is that it was supposed to be "more grounded," but it really exceed my expectations there. It's a Batman who's less, yeah, but not lesser.

And Waylon was amazing in volume 2.

Top Bottom