• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Messi

But you left last week!

yw8Ye8O.gif

I was just thinking, what if the inhumans are the new X-Men? What if?

TheFlow

Banned
I don't even know how to get into the x-men without having to read several books. Especially with the original x-men coming into the future.

edit: I was a big fan of Wolverine&x-men.

Should be studying but I've been reading all the new Secret Wars tie ins on MU this weeks.

Thors and 1602 are probably my favorites so far. Squadron Sinister and Carol Corps were really good too.

Can't wait for Christmas holidays so i can just read tonnes of comics guilt free.

yw8Ye8O.gif

I was just thinking, what if the inhumans are the new X-Men? What if?
What a brand-new and interesting topic of conversation.
I don't even know how to get into the x-men without having to read several books. Especially with the original x-men coming into the future.

edit: I was a big fan of Wolverine&x-men.

I was going to say I can think of at least 3 good jumping on points for X-Men:

-Claremont's Uncanny X-Men
-Morrison's New X-Men
-Bendis' All-New/Uncanny X-Men

No I don't. I just don't talk about the stuff I dont like anymore.

Like lets say this. I thought the new Catwoman teams first issue was complete and utter crap.

You should tell us these things, Messi. We want to know what is good AND what is garbage heap-tier shitcakes.

Loved both of them. Honestly. Shocked how much I am enjoying Inhumans

edit: Btw I am joking around, Inhumans could never replace the X-Men, they don't even have Jubliee and Jubliee is fucking adorable. Fact.
Nor should they. I don't think anyone expects them to, except for Marvel (for some reason)

Also not even the X-Men have Jubilee anymore.
Dang, definitely getting that huge BOOM humble bundle.
Does it have Translucid? Everyone should read that book. EVERYONE.

Falchion

Like lets say this. I thought the new Catwoman teams first issue was complete and utter crap.

It was weird but that might just be because it's such a radical departure from the mob story arc that it'll take me a few issues to get used to.

Messi

Messi, thoughts on AXIS?

I didn't read it as the people here made it very clear it wasnt good. Hated how it messed up lots of the books I was reading. I also hated Original Sin. That fucked up so many books I was enjoying and the event was total shit.

frye

I picked up One Million and the JLA tie-in a while back when they were on sale. I really need to read them.

it's a quick and mostly self contained read so you definitely should at some point. the JLA tie in goes between 2 and 3 of the main series but other than that its mostly straightforward (and two things in particular in ASS come from here)

Messi

It was weird but that might just be because it's such a radical departure from the mob story arc that it'll take me a few issues to get used to.

We have been down this path with me before Falchion. It goes to some dark places. I am willing to accept a lot of bad shit.

dJ5GsmK.png

diaspora

If you read the run of Uncanny leading up to it, basically
Cyclops realized he was going to far into the radical department by trying to recruit an unstable and ridiculously powerful Omega onto his side. Eva went back in time to get Xavier to ensure that the child was never born, and put Scott in his place. Scott realized he wasn't fit to lead the school and disbanded it. One of the issues has Emma and Havok questioning him on what the revolution meant, which was that Scott needed the world to believe mutants were powerful enough to fight back if need be. That they wouldn't just lie around and take it. Apparently, Scott managed to somehow cause himself to become a focal point and unite everyone both against and with him at the same time.

Fucking ridiculous unintentional master stroke there, Scott.

To be fair, there wasn't really any right solution other than Eva's to Malloy or whatever his name was. It was something that needed to be done with or without Scott's attempt at recruiting him.

VanWinkle

Okay guys. PLEASE help me on this. What is the BEST way to read comics like you get from the humble bundle on an Android tablet? It needs to support SD cards. I want a nice clean interface with left to right swiping (a couple I tried went up and down like I was reading a PDF and I hated it).

And also, what format should I download? The options are PDF(HQ), PDF, and CBZ.

Does it have Translucid? Everyone should read that book. EVERYONE.

Didn't see that one on it. :(

I'm glad you're enjoying this page.

giphy.gif

Okay guys. PLEASE help me on this. What is the BEST way to read comics like you get from the humble bundle on an Android tablet? It needs to support SD cards. I want a nice clean interface with left to right swiping (a couple I tried went up and down like I was reading a PDF and I hated it).

And also, what format should I download? The options are PDF(HQ), PDF, and CBZ.

Didn't see that one on it. :(

I use Perfect Viewer. You drag and drop from computer to tablet, then have to add your comics folder on the SD card to your bookshelf in the app and then do a scan (it takes a few minutes, TURN OFF AUTO SCAN after this is done as it will do it every time you go to the shelf otherwise).

I think ComicRack has wireless syncing with a desktop or laptop, but I don't think it's in the free version.

As for formats, everything will read CBZ. PDF is usually an add-on, I believe it's free for PW, I've used it for RPGs from Bundle of Holding.

To be fair, there wasn't really any right solution other than Eva's to Malloy or whatever his name was. It was something that needed to be done with or without Scott's attempt at recruiting him.

True. Scott apparently forgot that Omegas usually don't work out well, even though his belief of "mutants can control their abilities" was a nice sentiment.

Has there been an Omega who didn't turn everything into a shithouse at some point?

diaspora

True. Scott apparently forgot that Omegas usually don't work out well, even though his belief of "mutants can control their abilities" was a nice sentiment.

Has there been an Omega who didn't turn everything into a shithouse at some point?

Depends, are we pretending that AXIS never happened?

Depends, are we pretending that AXIS never happened?

I dunno. Are we? Let's see:

-Legion killed Xavier, starting the Age of Apocalypse
-Jean was the primary Phoenix host (which is self-explanatory)
-Bobby's Age of Apocalypse counterpoint killed so many good guys it isn't even funny
-Quentin Quire caused the riot at Xavier's
-Franklin Richards did some shit at some point
-The Omega Scott tried to recruit murdered everyone
-Vulcan...fuck Vulcan

So, yeah. I'm missing a couple, though. Does Onslaught count?

diaspora

I dunno. Are we? Let's see:

-Legion killed Xavier, starting the Age of Apocalypse
-Jean was the primary Phoenix host (which is self-explanatory)
-Bobby's Age of Apocalypse counterpoint killed so many good guys it isn't even funny
-Quentin Quire caused the riot at Xavier's
-Franklin Richards did some shit at some point
-The Omega Scott tried to recruit murdered everyone

So, yeah. I'm missing a couple, though. Does Onslaught count?

I asked because Evan turned into Apocalypse during AXIS and almost gassed everyone; inversion aside he's been mostly OK. Bobby also got infected with a piece of the death seed in 616 and went apeshit- beating the fuck out of Thor.

diaspora

Do we still not know what made Thor unworthy?

It was something Fury told him.

edit: We've already seen future Thor a while ago haven't we? Missing an eye and an arm. Thor now has already lost his arm, so it seems like he'll be on track for eventually losing his eye and at some point reacquiring Mjolnir.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I really need a new tablet. This POS Lenovo is having trouble just loading the CMX app now. And 16 gigs just isn't cutting it anymore.

It was something Fury told him.

edit: We've already seen future Thor a while ago haven't we? Missing an eye and an arm. Thor now has already lost his arm, so it seems like he'll be on track for eventually losing his eye and at some point reacquiring Mjolnir.

We're never given the exact sentence though are we?

He became Worthy again when him and Hyperion were jumping to their death fighting Beyonders right? Does that worthiness carry over to ANAD? Is it just a case of picking up the hammer if Jane leaves it down? I am not up to speed on the end of SW or any ANAD books.

Lol at the thought of an issue of him following Jane waiting for his chance. Creepy Thor.

Top Bottom