• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

diaspora

We're never given the exact sentence though are we?

He became Worthy again when him and Hyperion were jumping to their death fighting Beyonders right? Does that worthiness carry over to ANAD? Is it just a case of picking up the hammer if Jane leaves it down? I am not up to speed on the end of SW or any ANAD books.

Lol at the thought of an issue of him following Jane waiting for his chance. Creepy Thor.

More likely Jane's cancer catches up to her eventually no? If nothing else she just might give it to him before she dies- hell they might even make an arc out of her trying to seek him out since it's not like he's even around.

I asked because Evan turned into Apocalypse during AXIS and almost gassed everyone; inversion aside he's been mostly OK. Bobby also got infected with a piece of the death seed in 616 and went apeshit- beating the fuck out of Thor.

Is Evan an Omega? Because without the Apocalypse armor, I can't imagine he'd be that powerful. Same with En Sabah Nur. In fact, none of the Apocalypses have been that OP. The twins were, but only when together. Split them apart and they lose some of their powers. This is without any sort of tech powerups (such as the Apocalypse Celestial armor).

diaspora

Is Evan an Omega? Because without the Apocalypse armor, I can't imagine he'd be that powerful. Same with En Sabah Nur. In fact, none of the Apocalypses have been that OP. The twins were, but only when together. Split them apart and they lose some of their powers. This is without any sort of tech powerups (such as the Apocalypse Celestial armor).

I don't know if it was specified.

Mindwipe

Okay guys. PLEASE help me on this. What is the BEST way to read comics like you get from the humble bundle on an Android tablet? It needs to support SD cards. I want a nice clean interface with left to right swiping (a couple I tried went up and down like I was reading a PDF and I hated it).

I find Perfect Viewer's UI a bit too much like a Windows CorelDraw plugin from 1997 myself.

Comic Viewer is better IMO.

VanWinkle

I find Perfect Viewer's UI a bit too much like a Windows CorelDraw plugin from 1997 myself.

Comic Viewer is better IMO.

I tried a few different ones (PV and Chellenger Viewer being two of them), and I ended up going with ComiCat. It seemed to be the best to me.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That's what i have now because the pro is too much money. Air 2 is nice and light, though the tablet vibrates a bit when the volume is on and i'm not sure if they ever fixed that.

Sounds good. The vibration thing shouldn't be too much of a problem since mine would be used predominantly for comics.

What tablet you got?

Also, Comicrack for the win

Right now I'm using a Lenovo Tab 2.

Ah but it's so choice for comic reading. But I understand. Air 2 is really good too. It's what I had before the pro

I do not doubt it but even the Air 2 is really going to be pushing what I can afford.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sounds good. The vibration thing shouldn't be too much of a problem since mine would be used predominantly for comics.

Right now I'm using a Lenovo Tab 2.

I do not doubt it but even the Air 2 is really going to be pushing what I can afford.

I've ordered the yoga tab 2 lenovo for christmas, hoping its decent, reviews are great for it

Do you guys get any books from Humble bundles? They have about all of Lumberjanes for $15. Also what reader do you use for books from there?

VanWinkle

The Flash by Geoff Johns Book One was amazing. Felt so awesome to read several great Flash story arcs.

Read the first issue of Lumberjanes that came from the Humble Bundle. Awesome art and great feel, but I didn't like the marked out line in the anthem with "a line about God or whatever." Felt really out of place to me.

Going to start Runaways Vol. 1 OHC.

Owzers

Do you guys get any books from Humble bundles? They have about all of Lumberjanes for $15. Also what reader do you use for books from there?

i use my ipads book reading thing, either pdfs or epub. The pdf version usually has horrible black crushiness though.

The Flash by Geoff Johns Book One was amazing. Felt so awesome to read several great Flash story arcs.

Read the first issue of Lumberjanes that came from the Humble Bundle. Awesome art and great feel, but I didn't like the marked out line in the anthem with "a line about God or whatever." Felt really out of place to me.

Going to start Runaways Vol. 1 OHC.

I'm almost to the point of Flash where Waid hands it off to Johns, it was waning toward the bit but I'm reading the issues where Morrison/Millar took over. Really good stuff, not really mentioned in comparison to Johns & Waid's runs.

I had ordered this TP a while back for DC One Million, is this pretty much all the essential issues or should I pick up some more tie in's off of comixology?

VanWinkle

I'm almost to the point of Flash where Waid hands it off to Johns, it was waning toward the bit but I'm reading the issues where Morrison/Millar took over. Really good stuff, not really mentioned in comparison to Johns & Waid's runs.

I really want to read Waid's run and Morrison/Millar's little run, too. Hopefully DC will collect Waid's in a similar way to what they're doing with Johns'.

diaspora

Hahaha, damn, this Variant is amazing:

tumblr_nz7xtkMSkD1qk2t0mo1_540.jpg

diaspora

As far as Wolverine is concerned, I like Laura in the role but:

1. Going to miss the occasional story of Logan and Spider-Man being bros
  2. Less nu-Angel please. Warren is just irritating.

So, like every Wednesday (and also Monday and Friday) there's a new Gunnerkrigg Court page but I thought I'd post this one because I really like it:

Robot's weird religious stuff is always great, but this is just such a fantastic visual. The artist has com such a long way since this series started, I'd encourage everybody to give it a shot.

frye

I had ordered this TP a while back for DC One Million, is this pretty much all the essential issues or should I pick up some more tie in's off of comixology?

also interested in this question

yeah, that should be fine -- there's only 5 "essential" issues in the event and the only tie-in necessary to the story is JLA

diaspora

Silk #2 :
So, Peter owns a multinational company, has Mockingbird and Miguel on his payroll but still goes in person to FactChannel?

WhiteWolf

I'm getting back into reading comics (mainly Batman and Superman titles) and I am thinking of regularly picking up these titles:

Batman
Superman: American Alien
Robin: Son of Batman
Omega Men (unrelated but read it's really good)
Grayson

Besides Batman, which I read up through Zero Year before I had to stop buying comics, what's everyone's opinion on the others? Is Superman worth picking up if I start around #32?

I'm going to have to try this Comicat. €3.35 though, is it that good? I don't use many paid apps.

This is so dumb considering I'll happily pay €40-60 for a video game, but I can't help it.

I'm going to have to try this Comicat. €3.35 though, is it that good? I don't use many paid apps.

This is so dumb considering I'll happily pay €40-60 for a video game, but I can't help it.
You can try it and refund it through the app page. Or at least in Americaland and you can.

I'm getting back into reading comics (mainly Batman and Superman titles) and I am thinking of regularly picking up these titles:

Batman
Grayson

Besides Batman, which I read up through Zero Year before I had to stop buying comics, what's everyone's opinion on the others? Is Superman worth picking up if I start around #32?

All of those are legit great. Might want to snag We Are Robin as well. Maybe Gotham Academy.

Superman I only started reading at #41. It was p. good. That's when Action Comics gets great too btw (well, the Johns stuff before it wasn't half bad, I admit).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Scarlet Spider has to be up there in biggest surprises for me, I'm absolutely loving this book

Batman
Grayson

Grayson's great. One of the better DC titles.

Superman was good from #32-39 when Johns was writing it. I stopped after that but it's a solid arc with a great last issue.

Top Bottom