• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

shingi70

Banned
Thinking I'm liking All New Inhumans more than the Uncanny book right now. They're both excellent but Crystal is bad and Naja and Flint get more screen time then ISO and Inferno in the other title.

Any Cosmic Marvel recommendations that's readable on Marvel Unlimited.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
People are hating on TFA in the spoiler thread for the sake of hating.

It's hilarious(ly sad).

Thinking I'm liking All New Inhumans more than the Uncanny book right now.

Here's my surprised face:

tumblr_inline_n8wo8csWih1qg99bk.gif

Abnett / Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy. The Nova book from the same time-frame, and the War of Kings event.

I'm also going to throw you a curveball and say you should check out Son of Hulk as well. I still love that fucking series. It basically continues with the setting we saw in Planet Hulk, and at the end it crosses over with Realm of Kings.

Owzers

Old Man Logan #3 and 4 : I know it's bendis but i didn't expect the whole mini to be a pointless tossing of Logan from zone to zone each issue.

shingi70

Banned
Won't see the movie till tomorrow afternoon but imm guessontheyre hating that it adheres alot to remixing the OT in one film right?

Lashley

Won't see the movie till tomorrow afternoon but imm guessontheyre hating that it adheres alot to remixing the OT in one film right?

Naw, absolutely minor stuff that I can't say as its spoilers

Just imagine them whining about a character finding a penny on the road, something minor like that

Messi

Thinking I'm liking All New Inhumans more than the Uncanny book right now. They're both excellent but Crystal is bad and Naja and Flint get more screen time then ISO and Inferno in the other title.

I agree with this liking both Inhuman books but All New is easily the stronger and better looking of the two books. Both issues are great and I am enjoying the characters. Oh and Naja seems to be a main character in this book Freeza. She looks great in this art style.

Shingi did you catch Swains robe at the end of the second issue I thought it was a cute nod. Swain is cool too.

This is the cover for next month issue

shingi70

Banned
Shingi did you catch Swains robe at the end of the second issue I thought it was a cute nod. Swain is cool too.

Everyone is apart of the Carol Corp these days, well everyone expect Slayven.

It's crazy how the Inhumans is probably the strongest grouping of books at Marvel right now. All New, Uncanny, Ms.Marvel, Moon Girl, Karknak.

Also get excited boys Nowhere Men is back from a lengthy Haitus starting next month.

Messi

It's crazy how the Inhumans is probably the strongest grouping of books at Marvel right now. All New, Uncanny, Ms.Marvel, Moon Girl, Karknak.

Also get excited boys Nowhere Men is back from a lengthy Haitus starting next month.

Is Squirrel girl fully inhuman yet?

I wonder if Jubilee is inhuman. Maybe, hopefully.

At first it's a tough habit to break. You rationalize that you have to buy the new issue because you read all the ones that came before. But there's too many good books out there to waste time with books you're not enjoying. I used to do this with anime, too. Keeping up with shows that were just boring me.

If you're not having fun, just stop.

Loving this thread lately. So much good point-making.
Except the Brandon Graham disses. That shits not right.

Y'all have me pretty intrigued by Weirdworld and especially Inhumans. But I don't think I can add an Inhumans title right now.. Well, maybe I could just look at the previews.. Yeah.. That couldn't hurt.

Edit: okay, so, AN Inhumans looks cool from the brief previews on CMX. But a $5 first issue? Damn, paying $9 total for issues 1 & 2? Don't think I can do it.

Messi

Loving this thread lately. So much good point-making.
Except the Brandon Graham disses. That shits not right.

Y'all have me pretty intrigued by Weirdworld and especially Inhumans. But I don't think I can add an Inhumans title right now.. Well, maybe I could just look at the previews.. Yeah.. That couldn't hurt.

Check the previews for All New Inhumans. Oh and any preview for the new Wierdworld will sell you on art alone.

diaspora

I'm kinda down for the Carol Corps, but damn if she wasn't an utter jackass during Civil War. I know a lot of people were, but she made Tony look chill.

Lashley

Errr, not really. Criticizing a movie for being too derivative of IV, or not utilizing characters well is hardly unreasonable.

That isn't what I'm getting at at all. Have you even looked at the comments in the spoiler thread?

Owzers

Old man Logan #5 had some touching moment redemption for the series but overall it was still a disappointment.

I forgot that by watching hearthstone on twitch, despite no chat up, some donation messages are read and I think they might have spoiled Star Wars.......sigh.

mreddie

Okay, now I got the smile off my face from Force...

FUCK ULTIMATE END

Okay, so all the characters are dead or merged or what the fuck? All I know is that Miles is part of Universe 8, somehow Ganke, Bombshell and Judge made it and his mom is alive again, Basically, making the last year of USM pointless.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Superior Foes was so good. Did drag a bit towards the end I thought, I wasn't even that bummed it ended, it had its run and it was great but it felt to me like they were stretching it near the end

All this love for Inhumans is making me giddy. Also panicked at the thought of Rhaknar leaving. With whom else am I supposed to have extended convos about X-Men with?
of all the things to read

and thats coming from a xmen fanboy :(
It's not bad, it's just a product of its time. I'd still argue that Dark Phoenix Saga is amazing. I genuinely like that run, but then again that's what got me into comics, so call me biased.
The real crime is that the Eva Bell story from the X-Men annuals still has yet to be collected in trade. Fuck it, I'mma buy them on CMX.
Is that the only story that isn't collected? Because that's super weird if so.
I just jumped into Morrison. My first entry into x-men!
Another good jumping on point, since Morrison pretty much rebuilds the X-Men from the ground up again.
This alone convinces me that he's just an idiot. Come on, if you're given a choice between your grandmother and your wife, you can agonize about it all you want, but you already decided that grandma's getting the boot.
It's not his grandma, May is his aunt and, for all intents and purposes, his mother. You choose to either lose a relationship you can potentially get back, or let your mother die. Your call.

Logically speaking, you let your mother die and use the emotional support around you to help get through it. Aunt May dying was a natural conclusion to the storyline, so it's easily the correct answer, but still a rough one.

Although then again, didn't Peter ASK Mephisto to help him? Because then that was fucking dumb.

Anybody read any good comics this week?
I haven't picked up my issues, but I've started reading Sinestro Corps. War. Kyle simultaneously got a huge power up and totally fucked in the span of two issues.
Abnett / Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy. The Nova book from the same time-frame, and the War of Kings event.

I'm also going to throw you a curveball and say you should check out Son of Hulk as well. I still love that fucking series. It basically continues with the setting we saw in Planet Hulk, and at the end it crosses over with Realm of Kings.
I read Realm of Kings and Son of Hulk was super out of place to me, but then again I didn't read any of the stuff beforehand, so I just didn't care. I only cared about the Imperial Guard and Inhumans storylines.

Holy fuck, Fred at the close of Superior Foes of Spider-Man

zHKoa0s.jpg

The ending was fantastic. One of my favorite Marvel series easily.

Also, just caught up with Justice League. Darkseid War has been great. I know we got some New Gods fans in here, what should I check out for more stuff with Mister Miracle and Big Barda? I really liked Mister Miracle in Seven Soldiers too.

Ughhhhhhhhhhh. I'm an anti-spoiler person living in a spoiler world.
I've learned not to be bothered by spoilers. If it happens it happens, the context is more important for me. However, I am usually bummed out if it happens towards Metal Gear or something I have been purposefully blacking out on. Most of the time I will not even retain the information someone says to me anyway. If anything, I use that spoiler to see if whatever piece of media interests me more after hearing it, or less.

oh wow thors #1 was really great. writing wise its kind of a mix of aarons best superhero and indie work. sprouse is pretty solid even though i dont think hes putting his best work here. the colorist tends to overdo it sometimes but hes still one or two steps better than your average colorist.

Owzers

Some fucking little kid just spoiled an important thing that happens in TFA. I can't watch the movie until Monday.

yup...people are bad. Already one potential huge thing spoiled if it were true, saying goodbye to the internet until saturday, reserved tickets.

Finally i get to say this: I'm leaving this community.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This Grant Morrison F4 mini called 1234 was super neat, even if it makes Doom look like a bitch. The art is really striking, I want to say it's by the same guy that did that first Sentry mini

Tizoc

You mean before AvX?

I was still enjoying some of the stuff around then actually but never read AvX.

This Grant Morrison F4 mini called 1234 was super neat, even if it makes Doom look like a bitch. The art is really striking, I want to say it's by the same guy that did that first Sentry mini

But Doom IS a whiny bitch :p

Art is by Jae Lee, go read Inhumans by Paul Jenkins, he's the artist on that too.

Rhaknar

I was still enjoying some of the stuff around then actually but never read AvX.

But Doom IS a whiny bitch :p

Art is by Jae Lee, go read Inhumans by Paul Jenkins, he's the artist on that too.

Added

Edit: question for DC experts, are Hawkman and Hawkgirl's origins like they showed on The Flash show, that they get reincarnated and shit, or was that made up for the show?

boooooooooooo

booooooooo i say
What? I can't help it. His shit didn't deal with the things I was interested in and I knew nothing about him and I didn't care.
Added

Edit: question for DC experts, are Hawkman and Hawkgirl's origins like they showed on The Flash show, that they get reincarnated and shit, or was that made up for the show?
The origins are very fucky. Basically, there's either reincarnated lovers, or warriors from another planet. The show's origins adapt one origin (not a fan of
how they adapted Vandal Savage into it, though)
. The Justice League cartoon utilizes the Thanagarian warrior origin (and then tries to incorporate the reincarnation one, which makes shit confusing).

Rhaknar

ok so theres some basis to what they did. Good on them :)

ok so theres some basis to what they did. Good on them :)
Yea. What they did in the show was closest to the more recent take on the characters told by Johns.

Saw Star Wars. Thought it was good, not great. But it restored faith and hope to the Star Wars movie franchises and I love all the new characters. I want to see it again soon

Top Bottom