• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Sadist

Time Runs Out volume 2 and 4 are in, series complete.

Thor and Hyperion scene is still one of the best moments in this run.

RL2uuIy.jpg

Looking good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is my avatar from the famous immortal iron first run?

him saying "I know kung fu hiya" is super cute

venom space knight looks amazing

The art was really cool in that book (well, the characters. The backgrounds looked out of place to me), but I wasn't super drawn into the story. I'm gonna give it one more issue to grab me.

Someone brought up Squadron Supreme a page or so back, what did everyone else think of it? How it started and the main "event" of the issue felt really strange to me, very sudden and kind of cold? Overall the book felt just like that, which makes sense for the team it is focusing on, I suppose, but it left me feeling just as cold and therefore uninterested in continuing it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The art was really cool in that book (well, the characters. The backgrounds looked out of place to me), but I wasn't super drawn into the story. I'm gonna give it one more issue to grab me.

Someone brought up Squadron Supreme a page or so back, what did everyone else think of it? How it started and the main "event" of the issue felt really strange to me, very sudden and kind of cold? Overall the book felt just like that, which makes sense for the team it is focusing on, I suppose, but it left me feeling just as cold and therefore uninterested in continuing it.

thts how I felt about the first issue of the SW book (Squadron Sinister)

Messi

Shush, you.

I read Weirdworld. It was awesome.

Nice job. I thought it was great.

It fit right in with what happened to that team in Hickman's Avengers. Without reading that I'm sure it seems kinda random.

It fit right in with what happened to that team in Hickman's Avengers. Without reading that I'm sure it seems kinda random.

I read and loved Hickman's Avengers. Only one of those characters is actually from that run though, right? My memory is a little foggy on that part of the run. I also feel like that character should have way more hatred for Dr. Strange. Maybe that will come up in a later arc. Either way, it didn't feel random to me. Just cold and sterile.

Rhaknar

I read and loved Hickman's Avengers. Only one of those characters is actually from that run though, right? My memory is a little foggy on that part of the run. I also feel like that character should have way more hatred for Dr. Strange. Maybe that will come up in a later arc. Either way, it didn't feel random to me. Just cold and sterile.

Dr-Spectrum (the multi colored lady) was from Hickman's Avengers run, from when theres an incursion on the fake Justice League world. It doesnt go well for the fake justice league >_>

well and of course Hyperion

Dr-Spectrum (the multi colored lady) was from Hickman's Avengers run, from when theres an incursion on the fake Justice League world. It doesnt go well for the fake justice league >_>

well and of course Hyperion

That isn't Hickman's Hyperion though, is it? I thought the only one from Hickman's run was Dr. Spectrum (thanks for the name, couldn't place it/remember any of their names outside of Hyperion).

Rhaknar

That isn't Hickman's Hyperion though, is it? I thought the only one from Hickman's run was Dr. Spectrum (thanks for the name, couldn't place it/remember any of their names outside of Hyperion).

its the same Hyperion, well, changed from Secret Wars like everyone else was (or wasnt?) changed, but its him. Odinson's bro

mreddie

The one in the new Squadron? Yeah, it's him. Can anyone explain Ultimate End though?

shingi70

Banned
Watching Return of the Jedi and the whole Jabba's place sequence just drags on. Kinda wished that the EU would have skipped post Yavin material and instead went into post Empire stories.

Zombine

Banned
Watching Return of the Jedi and the whole Jabba's place sequence just drags on. Kinda wished that the EU would have skipped post Yavin material and instead went into post Empire stories.

My assumption is that sometime in the spring we will hit post Empire material. We did get Shattered Empire though.

shingi70

Banned
My assumption is that sometime in the spring we will hit post Empire material. We did get Shattered Empire though.

Well Shattered Empire is post Return as is AFtermath and partially Lost Stars. I mainly want to read about how Luke Finished his training after losing to Vadar at Bespin.

Will be interesting to see how Lucas decides to split material between the OT and New Republic eras. It's partially why I'm surprised that Rebels got renewed for a season 3.

Sadist

The one in the new Squadron? Yeah, it's him. Can anyone explain Ultimate End though?
A compagnion book for the relaunch of Miles Morales Spider-Man.

In Bendis's mind: maybe if I throw every hero under the sun in one book maybe people won't notice the lack of story. Also, Old Man Logan from out of nowhere!

shingi70

Banned
Lucas doesn't have any say in what happens with Star Wars. Disney/Marvel will do some cool stuff though. I already love what we have thus far.

By Lucas I meant Lucasfilm, I've read mostly everything and even the worst of the eu (Leia, Weapon of the jedi) are still good.

mreddie

A compagnion book for the relaunch of Miles Morales Spider-Man.

In Bendis's mind: maybe if I throw every hero under the sun in one book maybe people won't notice the lack of story. Also, Old Man Logan from out of nowhere!

Logan was in Bendis Logan so I'm not shocked the stories combined. But was everyone in the Ultimate End just fodder to build up Miles?

its the same Hyperion, well, changed from Secret Wars like everyone else was (or wasnt?) changed, but its him. Odinson's bro

This makes me like it even less. I'd have preferred that Hyperion to just stay broing out with Odinson and chilling with little zebra children. That's where he'll be in my mind.

Messi

This makes me like it even less. I'd have preferred that Hyperion to just stay broing out with Odinson and chilling with little zebra children. That's where he'll be in my mind.

Hyperions bit in Squadron Supreme didn't make any sense to me. To me he wouldn't do that.

Sadist

Logan was in Bendis Logan so I'm not shocked the stories combined. But was everyone in the Ultimate End just fodder to build up Miles?
Nah, but I just found it funy Logan just popped up. That was to me, Ultimate End in a nutshell: A big old pop-up story. And in the end, I think that was the point yes. The story jumps to where those heroes confront Doom rallied by Miles and that's it.

Messi

Nah, but I just found it funy Logan just popped up. That was to me, Ultimate End in a nutshell: A big old pop-up story. And in the end, I think that was the point yes. The story jumps to where those heroes confront Doom rallied by Miles and that's it.

Miles was the best thing to ever come out of the Ultimate universe so it makes sense.

Sadist

Miles was the best thing to ever come out of the Ultimate universe so it makes sense.
Going by the last couple of years, hell yeah.

Regarding Hyperion, wasn't the Hyperion in Hickman's Avengers an alternate dimension kind of thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he normally a bad guy in other stories? My knowledge about the character is limited, but I remember something about their first encounter with him and it went differently than the Avengers expected. Just like the Avengers encountering the evil Avengers during the beginning of Hickman's run.

diaspora

Star Wars Shattered Empire was... something.
Luke returning the thrown grenades with the force and killing everyone was great.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
TMNT #9 First appearance of THE SHREDDER! He looks properly badass. This book does such a great job of retelling the Turtles story in a new way while at the same time keeping everything familiar.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Going by the last couple of years, hell yeah.

Regarding Hyperion, wasn't the Hyperion in Hickman's Avengers an alternate dimension kind of thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he normally a bad guy in other stories? My knowledge about the character is limited, but I remember something about their first encounter with him and it went differently than the Avengers expected. Just like the Avengers encountering the evil Avengers during the beginning of Hickman's run.

A Hyperion being evil or not is like a 50-50 thing.

VanWinkle

I read Archie #1 from the free Comixology thing and I really loved it. Wonderful art and the writing really captures the feel of classic Archie while remaining culturally relevant.

Quoting because this is an insanely good comic that deserves your attention.

Oh, awesome, I will definitely get this.

Edit: oh just saw that was for yesterday. :-(

Top Bottom