• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know why gambit is popular
But han solo never struck as an interesting character until force awakens.

its the rogue-ish, slick, smooth talking, thief trope

just like gambit :p

mreddie

Squadron Supreme aka Namor, WE HAVE NOTHING FOR YOU.
Silk's temp art looks weird and is making me eh about it
Web Warriors, too Gwen focused
MLP Holiday Special, ok

Also, I can see why people like Angela's books. And I miss the space bikini armor. Why the hel is Sera talking like a 2000s teen and Angela talks like she's Thor?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Squadron Supreme aka Namor, WE HAVE NOTHING FOR YOU.
Silk's temp art looks weird and is making me eh about it
Web Warriors, too Gwen focused
MLP Holiday Special, ok

Also, I can see why people like Angela's books. And I miss the space bikini armor. Why the hel is Sera talking like a 2000s teen and Angela talks like she's Thor?

I thought Angela's SW tie in was very pretty to look at but I did not care for her old timey talking. She still speaks like that?

JEKKI

aww yeay shout outs to christmas time!!

nt8pAOL.jpg

Princess and Pony are gifts I got for boss / coworkers,

while Sex Crims is for white elephant party.

best thing about these is the part where I read them before wrapping them lol.

I always wanted to read Sex Criminals, super glad I finally got to do so!

it's good, but for some reason I thought it would be better...

regardless the end of the book has me interested in the rest of the series!

Owzers

Team Rey. Really liked the movie outside of the massive spoiler being spoilered for me the day before because i'm dumb and watch people play hearthstone and didn't consider that part of my internet blockade.

Team Rey. Really liked the movie outside of the massive spoiler being spoilered for me the day before because i'm dumb and watch people play hearthstone and didn't consider that part of my internet blockade.

If it's the thing I'm thinking of, that shit leaked way back during the strike when they stopped shooting for a bit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I made it the whole way without being spoiled. I didn't even know any of the new characters names other than one and I didn't even know which character the name went to.

Owzers

If it's the thing I'm thinking of, that shit leaked way back during the strike when they stopped shooting for a bit.

it probably is the thing you're thinking of,
Messi will buy a Rey Hot Toy
I don't know how i avoided it for so long, and yet the day before i see it it's spoiler-town.

also Mission Impossible Rogue Nation was sooooo boring and there is a democratic debate tonight that people aren't watching.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Since I probably won't see another movie in the next two weeks here is my rankings for the movies I saw in the theater this year......

1. The Force Awakens
2. Mad Max
3. Ant-Man
4. Jurassic World
5. Avengers 2

Vibranium

Banned

The people calling Rey a Mary Sue should wait until the next 2 movies to make judgement, she's pretty cool in my opinion. I'm #TeamReyFinnPoe myself.

Poe and Finn have a better bromance than Han and Luke ever did. Now they just need a secret handshake.

tim1138

aww yeay shout outs to christmas time!!

nt8pAOL.jpg

Princess and Pony are gifts I got for boss / coworkers,

while Sex Crims is for white elephant party.

best thing about these is the part where I read them before wrapping them lol.

I always wanted to read Sex Criminals, super glad I finally got to do so!

it's good, but for some reason I thought it would be better...

regardless the end of the book has me interested in the rest of the series!

Princess and the Pony is great, good choice.

Really dug the Force Awakens, all the negatives I read in the spoiler thread were so overblown.

1. Mad Max
2. Force
3. Straight Outta Compton
4. Rogue Nation
5. Antman

The problem I'd have with putting Fury Road @ #1 is that it's basically the final act of a bigger story that all took place before the film began. Most of what happened cn be gleaned from certain things said during the film, but it's not so much a complete story the way that TFA was.

I loved Fury Road, but TFA > Everything.

Owzers

Force Awakens is definitely my random favorite movie lately, i agree that Mad Max Fury Road felt too light story-wise and although a great spectacle didn't have that much of an impact on me. Jurassic World...all i can think about is " you just went and made a new Jurassic Park movie? Probably not a good idea"

Having not been to the theater in a decade i forget how iffy the picture quality is, i want the blu ray of Force Awakens now :/

tim1138

Honestly, I don't have any real complaints. I loved every minute of it. Saw it in IMAX, too.

My only real complaint was the lack of new ship designs, I feel like each trilogy should have it's own unique fighters. Why y'all still using X-Wings and busted TIE Fighters 30 years later?

mreddie

The problem I'd have with putting Fury Road @ #1 is that it's basically the final act of a bigger story that all took place before the film began. Most of what happened cn be gleaned from certain things said during the film, but it's not so much a complete story the way that TFA was.

I loved Fury Road, but TFA > Everything.

Fury Road and Force Awakens are gonna fight for my top seed. Both were good and didn't slow down.

Rogue Nation kinda dropped in a few places but was a fun ride, Antman was Iron Man 1 but just as fun and Compton kinda glanced away from a few moments.

But yeah, I still need to see Hateful 8 and Big Short.

Owzers

i want to see the hateful 8 but will settle for the ridiculous 6 because it's on netflix now....

i bet they compare well.

I read another issue of GotG on Mu while i was obsessing over FA spoilers last night, the first Original Sin tie-in. I'm just reading at this point to get caught up to the Black Vortex crossover then this book is dead to me.

Messi

1. Meadowland
2. Me Earl and the dying girl
3. Inside Out
4. Age of Ultron
5. Trainwreck

I don't see many movies let alone ones in the cinema.

tim1138

Ex Machina is still my favorite movie of the year. It was fun to see Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson again in Star Wars though.

Sorry to those who have enjoyed the Marvel write ups over the last few months, I haven't read nearly enough Marvel this month to update you on what I've been reading. I've been reading The Walking Dead instead, and I'm hooked.

I find it almost crazy that I'm starting to think that Rick's group might be the most civilised group of people out there, despite all the crap they've done (
Shooting each other, raising kids to be killing machines, allowing hugely disturbed people hang out with them, STILL letting Rick lead, dicing up Cannibals, etc.
). All the other groups they run into are somehow worse than all them -
The Governor's group, The Prisoners, The Sex Predators on the Road, The Cannibals and even the fine folks at Alexandria so far seem to be mental (if only because how mundane and 'normal' their problems are).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sorry to those who have enjoyed the Marvel write ups over the last few months, I haven't read nearly enough Marvel this month to update you on what I've been reading. I've been reading The Walking Dead instead, and I'm hooked.

I find it almost crazy that I'm starting to think that Rick's group might be the most civilised group of people out there, despite all the crap they've done (
Shooting each other, raising kids to be killing machines, allowing hugely disturbed people hang out with them, STILL letting Rick lead, dicing up Cannibals, etc.
). All the other groups they run into are somehow worse than all them -
The Governor's group, The Prisoners, The Sex Predators on the Road, The Cannibals and even the fine folks at Alexandria so far seem to be mental (if only because how mundane and 'normal' their problems are).

Damn you are getting caught up fast. You'll be passing me up soon.

PsychBat!

Banned
Squadron Supreme left me really bummed out for the day. I couldn't enjoy the rest of the comics I got. At least I watch Star Wars next Wednesday.

I think I'm up to ~#75 or so. The money I've said with Marvel Unlimited has been spent on second hand copies of The Walking Dead from Gumtree (great site!) and digital copies of those I couldn't find. I've only got 5 issues left so I'll probably have a break over Christmas.

This is what I like about Gumtree, you can find things like this for £15. No idea if it's worthwhile or not, but I feel like it's pretty good offer haha

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-boo...s-17-52-sealed-all-rest-in-binder-/1146899984

Marvel graphic novel collection. books 1 -61 (sealed)

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-boo...1-61-sealed-£220-or-nearest-offer-/1146554824

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think I'm up to ~#75 or so. The money I've said with Marvel Unlimited has been spent on second hand copies of The Walking Dead from Gumtree (great site!) and digital copies of those I couldn't find. I've only got 5 issues left so I'll probably have a break over Christmas.

That's cool. I bought 97-126 in the CMX 99 cent sale right before the new season started. Finally finished those last week and now I'm buying one back issue per week until they have another sale.

That's cool. I bought 97-126 in the CMX 99 cent sale right before the new season started. Finally finished those last week and now I'm buying one back issue per week until they have another sale.

Ah bugger, I wish I paid more attention or had started reading sooner to take advantage of this! Is this something they do often?

How are you finding the series? There are points I think well it can't get more messed up than this... and yet it somehow does. The pacing seems to have slowed down slightly, and I'm thankful for that and it's odd that I'm finding the mundane stuff a little more disturbing than the crazy stuff they've done.

Carl is still the best thing in the books, which is odd as he's crap in the TV Show. It feels like Carl's character is the true reflection of humanity's reaction to the situation.
When he asks his Dad if he can talk to his Mam on the phone, then turns to Rick and tells him he didn't hear anything, just like he doesn't. Stone cold.

Ah nice, I'll hold back from buying more issues until the next sale. I sort of spoil something for myself out of order, as I did buy Issues 95-100 from Midtown Comics in New York when I was on holiday there a few years back - it just seemed... the right thing to do and I needed something to read on the train between Greenwich and Central Station each day haha

VanWinkle

I think Jurassic World is the only new movie I've watched this year. I still want to watch Inside Out and the new Star Wars, though.

Top Bottom