• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

walking dead seems to go on sale more often than other stuff on cmx.

Twice a year, at least.

If we're doing films:
1. Mad Max: Fury Road
2. Inside Out
3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
4. Ant-Man
5. Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of F (I saw it in a cinema, in fact I was the one that convinced them to screen it, it counts!)
6. Avengers: Age of Ultron
7. The Martian (I liked the book a lot more, still very good)
8. Jurassic World
9. The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
10. Chappie

I think that's everything I saw this year, no Creed released here yet but I'm really excited for it. Considering I had a free pass I probably should have gone more. Ah well. I hated the sight of the place because it felt like work, I'd always be sitting there, cringing at editing mistakes in the pre-shows or getting annoyed I hadn't calibrated something exactly right before leaving. I miss working. New job soon though.

Owzers

i really wanted to like Inside Out but i thought the middle just kinda sunk. I rented Ant-Man blu ray from redbox for this weekend, maybe after Hillary admits she wanted those four americans dead in Benghazi tonight during the debate. I don't know why she'd admit it, but there's a chance.

Mad Max
Creed
Beasts of No Nation
Star Wars
Blackhat
Macbeth
Straight Outta Compton
Sicario
The Gift
Ex Machina

Still a bunch of movies I wanna see like Hateful Eight and Revenant and some limited releases that I can't see until bluray

but yeah that's where I'm at right now. I loved the Martian book and the casting, but I wasn't really feeling the movie tbh. The space bits rocked but I don't think the earth scenes worked as well in film.

mreddie

i really wanted to like Inside Out but i thought the middle just kinda sunk. I rented Ant-Man blu ray from redbox for this weekend, maybe after Hillary admits she wanted those four americans dead in Benghazi tonight during the debate. I don't know why she'd admit it, but there's a chance.

LOL No, it's gonna be Bernie Sanders burning every bridge.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Injection sounds weird as hell. Not sure it the kind of thing one issue is going to be able to sell me on but it's free and the art looks decent enough so I'll give it a shot.

Mad Max
Creed
Beasts of No Nation
Star Wars
Blackhat
Macbeth
Straight Outta Compton
Sicario
The Gift
Ex Machina

Still a bunch of movies I wanna see like Hateful Eight and Revenant and some limited releases that I can't see until bluray

but yeah that's where I'm at right now. I loved the Martian book and the casting, but I wasn't really feeling the movie tbh. The space bits rocked but I don't think the earth scenes worked as well in film.
Sicario so low bro

Closing out Waid's flsh run, ends surprisingly strong. Most runs I like falter toward the end but Waid's flash really slumped in the middle. Born to Run, Return of Barry Allen, Chain LIghtning and Dark Flash were my favorite arcs. Surprised the last two aren't collected in any TP's.

Messi

So I was at the store two weeks ago and they had a copy of they are not like us Vol 2. I forgot to pick it up and I just googled it to check when it came out as I was surprised I missed it. So it's not out until mid April. What is happening here?

Messi

Look I heard Shingi, our newest and most promising rising thread star has been posting in another comicOT on GAF. Pack up your shit Shingi. Freeza get my list.

Ponn

Banned
I noticed the Earth One books were on sale digital on Amazon/Comixology, 5.99 and 3.99 for Batman vol. 1. I've only read the Superman vol. 1 and have been wanting to read the rest so i bought them all. Did i make a huge mistake?

Time for Xmas List

Deadly Class #17
Invisible Republic #8
Nameless #6
Saga #32
Extraordinary X-Men #4
Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur #2
Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat #1

Messi

Messi list :

Batman and Robin Eternal #12
Robin Son of Batman #7

Deadly Class #17
Pretty Deadly #7
Saga #32

Amazing Spider-Man #5
Angela Queen of Hel #3
Captain America Sam Wilson #4
Daredevil #2
Deadpool #4
Extraordinary X-Men #4
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #2
New Avengers #4
Patsy Walker Aka Hellcat #1
Spider-woman #2
Star Lord #2
Venom Space Knight #2

Small week. Week after is even worse :/. Some nice titles like saga, deadly Class , Angela hopefully Hellcat.

VanWinkle

I noticed the Earth One books were on sale digital on Amazon/Comixology, 5.99 and 3.99 for Batman vol. 1. I've only read the Superman vol. 1 and have been wanting to read the rest so i bought them all. Did i make a huge mistake?

Not even close to a mistake, my friend.

WITNESS TRUE LIST POWER

Superman #47
Robin, Son of Batman #7
Justice League of America #7
Justice League 3001 #7
Cyborg #6
Batman & Robin Eternal #12

Working my way through Vader 1-12.

Gillen really shines when properly constrained. His depiction of Vader is so satisfying that i can't help but read his lines with a hint of JEJ.

ThisGuy

So I just read civil war. I need some help here. Is there more to this story?

It ends with cap turning himself over and what appears to be spiderman leading the resistance.

Was that the end of the story line? I need more lmfao. Is there a second book?

Why were sentinals following the xmen around? Are they on house arrest or something?

Is Sue Richards a married woman that gets around? She slept with namor right? I seriously think she road that sea pony.

Does reed know? Why does he take her back if so?

Is Dr. Strange seriously that strong?

Why wasn't Dr. Doom involved?

Why does everyone hate the punisher?

Is Thor dead? What happened to him?

#teamStark, you?

Yousefb

I vote Black Magick but I also hate Grant Morrison with the white hot passion of 1000 suns. So take my vote for what it's worth.
Oh jeez, very vivid lol. For what it's worth I am not a mega Morrison fan like most people are but I do like his Batman/JL stuff. As for Rucka, I LOVED Gotham Central. Only other book I read by him was his Punisher run which I thought was just okay.

So I just read civil war. I need some help here. Is there more to this story?
Yes, Civil War was taking place in many books at the time, and many books would deal with the aftermath of it as well.
It ends with cap turning himself over and what appears to be spiderman leading the resistance.
Spidey wasn't leading the resistance just showing off his costume change
Was that the end of the story line? I need more lmfao. Is there a second book?
There isn't a second book but a lot of individual comic series dealt with the aftermath, especially the Captain America series.
Why were sentinals following the xmen around? Are they on house arrest or something?
At the time The X-Men were under the protection of the Sentinel O.N.E. a squadron of sentinels that were piloted by government agents trained by War Machine.
Is Sue Richards a married woman that gets around? She slept with namor right? I seriously think she road that sea pony.
No
Does reed know? Why does he take her back if so?
Nothing happened
Is Dr. Strange seriously that strong?
Yes
Why wasn't Dr. Doom involved?
Dr. Doom doesn't have anything to do with the squabbles of lesser men. Also I think he was still abandoned in Hell.
Why does everyone hate the punisher?
Punisher has always had a strained relationship with Heroes, none of them agree with how he handles bad guys.
Is Thor dead? What happened to him?
Thor had been "dead" for awhile following the Ragnarok storyline during Avengers Disassembled.
#teamStark, you?
Cap was right

Oh jeez, very vivid lol. For what it's worth I am not a mega Morrison fan like most people are but I do like his Batman/JL stuff. As for Rucka, I LOVED Gotham Central. Only other book I read by him was his Punisher run which I thought was just okay.

Real talk, Morrison is very hit-or-miss for me.

Liked: We3, Multiversity, Nameless, All-Star Superman, Vimanarama, 52

Disliked: Invisibles, Joe the Barbarian, Seven Soldiers, Batman Inc., Flex Mentallo

Top Bottom