• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

mreddie

I'm really looking forward to Lego Avengers

82q94j.gif

VanWinkle

Finished Runaways Vol. 1 OHC. Very good. Very happy with it.

Now starting Secret Six Vol. 2. Very excited to go back to this world.

Owzers

i could never get into the lego games, i played one or two and it's always "this is kinda cute" followed by " and now i'm bored"

Well the Lego batman games are probably the best we're going to get when it comes to games for other Dc heroes

Injustice was... okay. That persistent Suicide Squad rumor has promise.

Though they aren't heroes, I guess.

I agree with Sillymonkey, Lego games have never really grabbed me despite loving the hell out of Lego.

DCs holiday sale. Some good collections at good discounts. I snagged some of those Tales of Batman collections

https://www.comixology.com/DC-101-Collections-Sale/page/9176?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA&list9531_pg=1

Highlights of sale:
Brubakers Catwoman
Busieks Superman secret identity
Power Girl Power Play
Jonah Hex pre 52 awesomeness
The Golden Age
Secret Six

And much more

Marvel has a collection sale too
https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-First-Volumes-Collection-Sale/page/9206?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

VanWinkle

DCs holiday sale. Some good collections at good discounts. I snagged some of those Tales of Batman collections

https://www.comixology.com/DC-101-Collections-Sale/page/9176?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA&list9531_pg=1

Highlights of sale:
Brubakers Catwoman
Power Girl Power Play
The Golden Age
Secret Six

And much more

https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-First-Volumes-Collection-Sale/page/9206?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

Oh no. This sale. This is going to be bad for my wallet.

Edit: Bought

Batman: Noel
Tales of the Batman: J.H. Williams III
Batman: Bruce Wayne - Murderer?
Catwoman (Brubaker) Vol. 1 and 2
Batman: Heart of Hush
Powergirl: Power Trip

Oh no. This sale. This is going to be bad for my wallet.
Haha but you'll have good reading

I just snagged Brubakers Catwoman books to get a HD upgrade over the singles (this really irks me DC! Upgrade your early releases already) and come to find out Volume 1 includes Darwyn Cookes amazing written and drawn story Seleina's big score! It's not even in the book description and not available on its own on CMX. It's a great crime caper story that's an 80 page tale. Really great.

Plus those 3 volumes on sale collect the whole Catwoman run and is by far the best run Catwoman has had.

Owzers

Dear Comics-Gaf, buy Black Canary and Zatanna Bloodspell OGN for $5.99 in the cmx sale, it is very hijinxy and has Quinones art and it's really good?

PsychBat!

Banned
This would be an amazing clip of I didn't have to look at two nobodies faces the entire time. What's the point of that?

Also-I just realized how awesome Kamala is going to look in live action.

Are you kidding?!?!

Don't you know who dark shirt and light shirt are? They're popular youtubers that do pranks (gone sexual).

EDIT: I don't know who they are *shrugs*

JTripper

Just started reading Y The Last Man. Looking forward to the rest.

How is Private Eye by the same author? Thinking about getting that Deluxe Edition.

VanWinkle

I have decided to put Secret Six vol 2 back on the shelf before I really get into it. Why? Because I realized that I have relegated my digital comic reading to just when I lay down to go to bed for like 20 minutes a night. It's kind of ridiculous because I have plenty of great stuff to read. So I'm going to pause on my physical backlog and read some stuff on my tablet for awhile.

You should really do this.

Fine. I will buy that and a couple more when I get my next pay check.

Getting on that Black Canary & Zatanna action fo sho.

I'm reading Morrison's JLA run and my DC knowledge is spotty. Who are these 5 entities? I only recognize Phantom Stranger and Shazam the wizard. Is that Ganthet?

Ganthet, probably. Only half-decent member of the Guardians.

Other than that... I want to say that the dude on the far right is Highfather, but I'm really not at all sure, and I've got no clue whatsoever about the last dude.

It really doesn't matter though, I think that's the only time they show up, lol.

Highlights of sale:
Brubakers Catwoman
Power Girl Power Play
The Golden Age
Secret Six

And much more

Nice DC Sale. I'll probably get the Catwoman stuff and Batgirl/Robin Year One.

Highly recommend Power Girl to anyone who hasn't read it yet. One of my favorites.

Marvel sale is pretty whatever.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Injection #1 was pure jibberish.

Nice DC Sale. I'll probably get the Catwoman stuff and Batgirl/Robin Year One.

Highly recommend Power Girl to anyone who hasn't read it yet. One of my favorites.

Marvel sale is pretty whatever.

They should probably stop at #12 though. Winnick's run was a complete and utter waste of time. You don't even get an ending to it with out reading another series because it's all a part of a crossover that PG barely factored into in the end. The first 12 issues were great though.

Injection #1 was pure jibberish.

They should probably stop at #12 though. Winnick's run was a complete and utter waste of time. You don't even get an ending to it with out reading another series because it's all a part of a crossover that PG barely factored into in the end. The first 12 issues were great though.

It was decent, but certainly a step down from Gray, Palmiotti, and Conner's run.

What's great is that the volume that's on sale collects JSA Classified 1-4 and Power Girl 1-12 so it collects that whole run. Wish the Terra mini was part of it too though.

mreddie

This would be an amazing clip of I didn't have to look at two nobodies faces the entire time. What's the point of that?

Also-I just realized how awesome Kamala is going to look in live action.

It was a demo and those two are in the way. It's also the first gameplay involving Kamala. You get what you can find.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It was decent, but certainly a step down from Gray, Palmiotti, and Conner's run.

I didn't say it was bad I said it was pointless. I was enjoying it after a couple of rough issues to start but there is no ending to it. At least not one that involves PG. I didn't even realize I was reading something that was just one big part in a bigger crossover. So the fact that you can buy the rest of it doesn't really help because PG's part is pretty much done. It was like a big middle finger from Winnick.

It's what started my hatred of crossovers and the way the Big 2 do things.

EdmondD

I'm reading Morrison's JLA run and my DC knowledge is spotty. Who are these 5 entities? I only recognize Phantom Stranger and Shazam the wizard. Is that Ganthet?

Yeah, I think that's Ganthet. Guy on the far right is Highfather of the New Gods. Have no idea who the other dude is.

Highlights of sale:
Brubakers Catwoman
Power Girl Power Play
The Golden Age
Secret Six

And much more

Deadshot: Beginnings is on sale and is a super great gritty revenge action comic

Sinestro War was a really good arc. Perhaps my favorite. Shit was overdone with Blackest Night after DC started adding all the colors of the rainbow.
I like the Emotional Spectrum as a whole. Whomever had the bright idea to make it a limited resource is a goddamned moron.
Thanks for the reviews! I think if I were to start reading comics again, I would start with the unheralded heroes Marvel books and a few DC books.
Rafa's back AND he read my review post *sniff*. Barely anyone does that *doublesniff*
Eva bell, cookoos, Emma Frost.
Plus Armor, Rachel Grey, and Blink to form the Astonishing X-Men. Shadow King and Cassandra Nova for main villains.
She-Hulk's face in the last panel
KuGsj.gif

Totally awesome hulk was great comics fun.

Miles at the bottom lol
That book actually looks like fun
Has Miles' book started yet? Or do we know if he recall the ultimate universe / life at all?
Probably. Old Man Logan remembers his original timeline.
I would love to see Sentry vs. Hyperion though.
Is Hyperion willing to do this:
Probs not. No one is.
2013 Iron Man run

tumblr_mvk4laMQXj1rsus6so2_500.jpg
So, I was reading Inhumanity, and that's how I first found out about Arno. He is singlehandedly one of the dumbest things ever created in Marvel. And that's saying a lot.
I'm really looking forward to Lego Avengers

82q94j.gif
Man they pushing Kamala hard, aren't they?
i could never get into the lego games, i played one or two and it's always "this is kinda cute" followed by " and now i'm bored"
They're all the same. LEGO Batman 2 adds open worlds to the mix, which was a bad decision, personally. Now the collectathon is far too overwhelming.

That being said, they are rather fun. Just, don't play a bunch at a time expecting anything much different.
Man don't make me do that.
But it's a good book.
I would assume Merlin, Phantom Stranger, Ganthet, the Wizard, and Highfather.

Mindwipe

I love Sentry. I wish Marvel had a coherent plan for what he is, but sometimes he's 100% the most interesting thing in the MU (especially during Dark Reign) and I think it's a shame he wasn't used in Secret Wars given his previous interactions with Molecule Man.

PsychBat!

Banned
I love Sentry. I wish Marvel had a coherent plan for what he is, but sometimes he's 100% the most interesting thing in the MU (especially during Dark Reign) and I think it's a shame he wasn't used in Secret Wars given his previous interactions with Molecule Man.
Thank Hickman.

Mindwipe

Yeah, I think that's Ganthet. Guy on the far right is Highfather of the New Gods. Have no idea who the other dude is.

It's a very bad drawing of Zeus. And yeah, the other picks were correct.

(They also appear in Kingdom Come, where you can actually tell who they're supposed to be!)

Top Bottom