• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

soccer is terrible, wrestling on the other hand is top form entertainment with our amazing champion Roman Reigns.

I've always been surprised that a wrestling comic never took off, I don't mean a franchise one like WWE, but a standalone story about a wrestler. Wrestling by it's nature is like a comic.

Maybe one did take off, and I don't know about it.

Owzers

I've always been surprised that a wrestling comic never took off, I don't mean a franchise one like WWE, but a standalone story about a wrestler. Wrestling by it's nature is like a comic.

Maybe one did take off, and I don't know about it.

It's because i haven't started on my comic writing career, i have an idea ready to go but alas, the whole talent thing. There is a new wrestling comic from Image called Ringside, and i remember an Andre the Giant OGN.

It's because i haven't started on my comic writing career, i have an idea ready to go but alas, the whole talent thing. There is a new wrestling comic from Image called Ringside, and i remember an Andre the Giant OGN.

Oh yeah that Andrea the Giant one looked amazing, I forgot all about that after seeing it in the WrassleGAF thread - thanks for the reminder! I'll check out ringside too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
soccer is terrible, wrestling on the other hand is top form entertainment with our amazing champion Roman Reigns.

They are basically the same thing. Predetermined sports where the athletes sell a minimal amount of contact like they just got hit by a Mack truck.

The women's version is actually far more entertaining though cuz there is far less flopping and crying in it.

I dunno if COMICS-GAF got either game but I have a thread set up because I'm thinking of jumping back to the Band Game Pool.

GH Live or Rock Band 4?

I've only played Rock Band 4, but honestly, from it sounds like, you couldn't go wrong either way.

Go with Rock Band if you want something more traditional, Guitar Hero if you want some more fresh.

or Thunderbolts Volume 1 which only has like 7 or 8 random issues

frustrated.gif

speaking of MU, good update today. These Secret Wars #1s are never ending it seems
Yea. It's getting exhausting how many there are. I'll be happy to get back to my smaller regular universe rotation.

Also,I finished chapter 1 of Life is Strange. I had a feeling I'd like it. Ecause I like character driven stories in games and adventure games and boy was I right. The game is awesome. I searched every nook and cranny of the first chapter and I already am so in. Loving the characters, setting, the hook, etc.

I think I'll do one chapter a day. I want to let each chapter resonate a bit.

I just finished Heart of Hush. It's WONDERFUL. Loved it. Might read Catwoman Vol. 1 Brubaker from the CMX DC sale next.
Do it! It's a must read series IMO. Brubaker writing and Cooke art! Doesn't get much better than that

Star Wars was dope

I think it may have been my favorite Star Wars movie ever. It's neck-and-neck with Empire. It captured the feel of the original trilogy with current technology, and a dash of much-needed humor. Really great film. I'll definitely be seeing it again after Christmas.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Christopher Yost Retweeted you
7h: @yost just read your fantastic Scarlet Spider run, its a travesty there isn't a ANAD Kaine book. A travesty sir!

I tell no lies and Yost knows it

Christopher Yost Retweeted you
7h: @yost just read your fantastic Scarlet Spider run, its a travesty there isn't a ANAD Kaine book. A travesty sir!

I tell no lies and Yost knows it

Now you know why some of us are sad about this :(

Kaine just wants to be hardcore but Marvel won't let him

I hate Vulcan more. Sentry I liked in the first Jenkins mini. It worked because it was a clever one off deal about a broken and flawed hero. He sucked once Bendis decided to put him in the main universe. In an avengers book of all things too.
I like that Black Bolt nuked Vulcan out of existence. Nothing more cathartic than your favorite character nuking your most hated right out of existence.
I can't be the only one who likes Swain right?
She's there. Hasn't really done anything to merit me liking or disliking her.
I'm glad Wasp beat his candy ass.
If by "beat his candy ass" you mean "told him to be a hero so he'd never come back," then yeah she did. I mean, she tried to fight him, but it didn't work out so good.

Messi

I like that Black Bolt nuked Vulcan out of existence. Nothing more cathartic than your favorite character nuking your most hated right out of existence.

She's there. Hasn't really done anything to merit me liking or disliking her.

If by "beat his candy ass" you mean "told him to be a hero so he'd never come back," then yeah she did. I mean, she tried to fight him, but it didn't work out so good.

She has seemingly done enough to piss people off on Twitter and some other forums / a few here.

Well folks, it looks like there's no getting around it: I am not able to make the January OT either. Without getting into specifics, a close family member needs round-the-clock care until other arrangements are made, and I will be assisting in that care when not working. Tyrant did a great job with the OT, so if he wants to continue I'm grateful; if he doesn't, then I'm hopeful that someone else will step up.

VanWinkle

Just started the Catwoman volume. Man I just love Darwyn Cooke. He just perfectly captures the FEEL of Gotham in this 3/4ths of a page.

rsz_screenshot_2015_12_21_16_51_38.png

I'm going to enjoy this.

Well folks, it looks like there's no getting around it: I am not able to make the January OT either. Without getting into specifics, a close family member needs round-the-clock care until other arrangements are made, and I will be assisting in that care when not working. Tyrant did a great job with the OT, so if he wants to continue I'm grateful; if he doesn't, then I'm hopeful that someone else will step up.

Hope everything is okay over there, Spike.

Tyrant's OT was good, but it definitely needed more anime girls.

Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps. War

This was super good. Great action book, the pacing was always on point, I love some of the panelling and art. My big issue is Sodom Yat. Holy shit did he job hard. A Kryp-I mean a Daxamite with the power of Ion and he STILL got his ass wrecked by Superboy Prime? Like, not even standing a remote chance. Just "boosh" and he gone.

Otherwise I loved it. Exactly what I like out of a book about people flying in space with different colored laser rings while being space cops.

Owzers

I didn't want to get rid of you this way Spike, i hope things work out the best they can. I will start on the January OT now and maintain the quality of your threads.

Messi

Sorry to hear about your troubles Spike. I hope everything gets better soon. In the meantime it's time for a Sillymonkey Messi wildegaf OT. I'm sure you understand.

I'm sorry to hear that, Spike. Hope things get better!

I'll probably be doing next month's thread. If I don't, I'll drop a line in here.

image.php

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realised that Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies and Marvel Zombies are 2 different Secret Wars books >_>

Reading Red Lanterns makes me realize that each corps should get its own book at least once.

I'd totally read a Blue Lantern book.

What took Soule off that book? It was going so well :(.

Blue would be cool. They had some bigger plans for Saint Walker, I think he was going to be in the league at one point.

Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps. War

This was super good. Great action book, the pacing was always on point, I love some of the panelling and art. My big issue is Sodom Yat. Holy shit did he job hard. A Kryp-I mean a Daxamite with the power of Ion and he STILL got his ass wrecked by Superboy Prime? Like, not even standing a remote chance. Just "boosh" and he gone.

Otherwise I loved it. Exactly what I like out of a book about people flying in space with different colored laser rings while being space cops.

SBP is stupid strong though. Like Silverage Superman strong. None of the entitiy carriers seem to ever be on par with Parallax Hal though, who might have a chance against Prime.

Top Bottom