• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Gwenpool gets her own ongoing series by Hastings/Guruhiru (EW.com)

kkogm8m.jpg

Owzers

Probably waiting for MU on this one, i dunno. I need to read my Howard the Duck issues to check out the gwenpool back-ups but that means reading more comics and i already read a comic yesterday...and that was a lot of reading.

So are they still going to charge $5 an issue for Howard the Duck

I think it dropped back down at issue #4ish to $3.99.

mreddie

Her stuff since they created her has been great. It's not one or the other and I'm sure all those characters come back soon except Ghost Rider as he is terrible.

Found it :D

AN Ghost Rider was good until the art switch thing. DAMMIT I WANT MAH RUNAWAYS BACK!

VanWinkle

Yes sir!

I'm also interested in Heart of Hush and Brubaker's Catwoman, any thoughts?

I just read Heart of Hush yesterday and it was fantastic. You will need to have read Hush by Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee to properly understand it, though. Brubaker's Catwoman I'm reading now and it's the best Catwoman stuff I have read.

I bought a bunch of stuff in this sale and so far it's all great.

Kurtofan

I just read Heart of Hush yesterday and it was fantastic. You will need to have read Hush by Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee to properly understand it, though. Brubaker's Catwoman I'm reading now and it's the best Catwoman stuff I have read.

I bought a bunch of stuff in this sale and so far it's all great.

I own a physical edition of Hush so that's good.

Is there anything else that's good in that sale?

Messi

Get all the books you have mentioned and power girl power trip, blood spell also. Batgirl / Robin year one is also great. Batgirls art is lovely.

Jesus Christ, Volume 1 of Secret Six simply WILL NOT END. 326 pages, goddamn.

I've hit like 3 "okay, so NOW volume 2 starts right" points so far.

VanWinkle

Bruce Wayne - Murderer? by Ed Brubaker (and some others, including Greg Rucka). It's huge, too.

Justice is one of my favorite miniseries ever. It may depend on whether Alex Ross art is something you like (I personally love it).

Nightwing by O'Neill and Dixon is fantastic. It's a little dated visually during the O'Neill stuff, but it comes around.

I've heard good things about Gordon of Gotham, and Power Girl.

mreddie

Man, why people hating on Gwenpool? They must hate fun and hijinx.

It could go either way, I'm sour about this because as of now, that team sounds way too good to be in book like this. On the other hand, they sound perfect to be in a book like this.

I just hate how Marvel keeps glossing over characters in need of a book and once again, rushes out a book with a idea that was only a thing months ago.

Messi

How about we let the book come put before shitting on them? What they have done with her especially in the special has been great. How about we are fair and not call talent wasted on a book so soon? For all we know they asked to be on the book. Sometimes this place is so cynical.

mreddie

How about we let the book come put before shitting on them? What they have done with her especially in the special has been great. How about we are fair and not call talent wasted on a book so soon? For all we know they asked to be on the book. Sometimes this place is so cynical.

We will see...until then.

tumblr_n1b99z2GW51t16s14o1_400.gif

Messi

Runaways is an odd one. By the end of the 4 issue run for Secret Wars sales were around the level Marvel considers cancellation right?

1. 41k
2. 30k
3. 23k
4. 20k

Would a new series really be that successful? Is love to see one but those sales dropped fast. I'm sure the figures aren't completely correct as digital sales are not included.

mreddie

Runaways is an odd one. By the end of the 4 issue run for Secret Wars sales were around the level Marvel considers cancellation right?

1. 41k
2. 30k
3. 23k
4. 20k

Would a new series really be that successful? Is love to see one but those sales dropped fast. I'm sure the figures aren't completely correct as digital sales are not included.

Only because A. 1st issues sell well and B. People found out it wasn't the Runaways they knew.

Just bring back the majority of the team back, keep Nico with the A-Force and Victor doing whatever.

Owzers

I think we should give creative teams we like the benefit of the doubt when it comes to characters we aren't already interested in.

But we can still post cynical stuff because this is America and i will never stop. Trump 2016.

Top Bottom