• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Reading Red Lanterns makes me realize that each corps should get its own book at least once.

I'd totally read a Blue Lantern book.

In the first arc, Lantern Warth would be besieged by poachers after his tusks. I should be writing this book.

latest

Messi

I want a Nico and Singularity book. They can go on hijinksy adventures around the world while teaching Singularity awesome stuffs. Cancel Starbrands book for this pls. Contact Margurite Bennet and Jorge Molina.

Rhaknar, Marvel Zombies is awesome. It focuses on Elsa Bloodstone.

Owzers

i got caught up on Star Wars MU issues, #6 today, it's still okay-to-goodish but i'm not super excited anymore for small snippets of adventure in between the movies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah and one is awesome and the other is kind of blah.

Just read AoU vs MZ #1 and I assume / hope that's the blah one since I would agree. I also thought MZ #1 was awesome cause Elsa is awesome

Edit: E for Extinction #1 was super trippy, I loved it

Vyer

Well folks, it looks like there's no getting around it: I am not able to make the January OT either. Without getting into specifics, a close family member needs round-the-clock care until other arrangements are made, and I will be assisting in that care when not working. Tyrant did a great job with the OT, so if he wants to continue I'm grateful; if he doesn't, then I'm hopeful that someone else will step up.

Sorry to hear about the family member, best of luck to you Spike.

That DC going biweekly rumor sounds crazy. Double of the main titles sounds great but I can't help but think the art quality will take a nose dive and non a-listers will go digital first or get buried.

Messi

That DC going biweekly rumor sounds crazy. Double of the main titles sounds great but I can't help but think the art quality will take a nose dive and non a-listers will go digital first or get buried.

I'm already skipping DC titles that I used to buy going bi weekly would likely kill more series for me. Quality not quantity please.

Messi

But then you will never run out of Harley to read. Doesn't that sound nice?

Going twice monthly will stretch the writing and will lead to needing more fill in artists than they already use. Chad Hardin isn't a robot. Doesn't sound like a positive to me. Is this DCs big idea on how to pull more people in?

Owzers

i'm leaning towards returning my harley statue because of her hand paint and getting the Emma frost artfx koto if amazon carries it and hasn't banned me.

i'm leaning towards returning my harley statue because of her hand paint and getting the Emma frost artfx koto if amazon carries it and hasn't banned me.

Ain't nobody ever got banned from Amazon...

So I finished volume 1 of Invisible Republic and I liked it a lot. I'll be picking up the rest of the issues with my regular books this week. I'm hoping I end up liking Manifest Destiny just as much.

diaspora

The new Starfire is pretty... fun. It's like reading a comicbook of a puppy.

edit: Emanuela Lupacchino's art is too adorable. It's going to give me diabetes.

Messi

vadernooooo.jpg

Yep, workload was too much with her cover work also and she needed a break. Understandable but it sucks. Hopefully the new artist is good but lupa was absolutely perfect for the book.

She is back soon though. She is doing a few issues of that Supergirl digital first series.

Omg keeping monthly schedules is too haaaaaaaaaard.

I'm led to believe she had personal issues :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah it felt like it was a little too much of a parody for me since I actually enjoyed that era of X-Men.

Yup. But then it involves Cassandra who has nothing to do with that Era at all. It's weird

Boogiepop

I've always been surprised that a wrestling comic never took off, I don't mean a franchise one like WWE, but a standalone story about a wrestler. Wrestling by it's nature is like a comic.

Maybe one did take off, and I don't know about it.

Well, there's Kinnikuman if mangos are acceptable...

(Seriously though, that's just likely a result of sports comics being kind of sadly unviable, at least in the states. Hell, IIRC sports manga/anime tends to sell pretty crap when they're brought over, which is a shame seeing as there's some great stuff in there).

Anyway, halfway through BPRD: Hell on Earth! I'm getting relatively close to being caught up on the Mignolaverse now, finally!

VanWinkle

Halfway through volume 1 of Catwoman Brubaker. I love it a lot, but it's a little uncomfortable to read on the tablet. A lot of small text and small 9 panel pages.

Megatron

Wow holy shit at this week's dc comixology sale! 101 trades for $5.99 each! And the jewel of the lot are the tales of he batman sets. They have the Len Wein, jH Williams, carmine infantino, gene colon and Archie Goodwin collections. The Len Wein book is 642 pages! For $6! I have wanted to buy the hardbacks but at $35 that's pretty steep, but I am all over this! Anyone have any recommendations on which are the best?

TheFlow

Banned
I want a another batman sale and another major image series sale. Something along the lines of invincible, chew, walking dead.

Rhaknar

Fuck I'm bummed Scarlet Spider is over. New Warriors #1 didn't do much for me either (not a big high evolutionary fan) :/

Top Bottom