• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

VanWinkle

Huh, I guess I must have pre-ordered Batman The Doom That Came to Gotham by Mike Mignola at some point because it just came in from Amazon.

Anybody read that before?

Yes. That fabulous art is being wasted. That just makes it even worse.

A creative team no matter how good cannot make me care about a book I wouldn't already be interested in.

Look guys, this negativity will not be tolerated.

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GWENPOOL GETS A BOOK AND NOT RUNAWAYS!!!!

latest

Mean person.

tumblr_mx2sc2TgX21t24irro1_500.gif

Srsly, tho. I understand why Marvel is doing what they're doing. They want to build franchises out of new characters, or character that haven't had a series in a while. They still need their Iron Men and Captains America, but I think a lot of us just need something new at this point.

Also, I was always kind of meh on Runaways. The Joss Whedon run was okay, but none of the other stuff really grabbed me.

Nico's in A-Force, Karolina's in Avengers Academy and in a relationship with Julie Power, and Molly's probably dead from Inhuman fart gas. I don't really care about the rest.

They should have let Chase keep the Darkhawk powers after Avengers Arena.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Can someone help. I'm looking for a good graphic novel that's safe for my 12 yr old nephew. His mom is kind of a hippie so no TnA or ultra-violence.

Sorry if this isn't allowed in the thread.

Messi

Make Nico a runaway again she is still a teen and bring singularity. Molly, Karolina, Cloak and Dagger

Can't think of many male teens who aren't miles. Maybe Ganke but fuck Ganke

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Nico's in A-Force, Karolina's in Avengers Academy and in a relationship with Julie Power, and Molly's probably dead from Inhuman fart gas. I don't really care about the rest.

I don't want the old team back. I want a team similar to the SW cast. Molly and Nico are the only ones I care about but Nico is fine where she is.

Can someone help. I'm looking for a good graphic novel that's safe for my 12 yr old nephew. His mom is kind of a hippie so no TnA or ultra-violence.

Squirrel Girl and Gotham Academy should be fine for kids around that age. I know others have also recommended Lumberjanes as well but I haven't read it so I couldn't comment on it.

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't know. It feels like they just mashed up two very popular (and money making) characters together and gave it a book.

Just feels like a cash grab.

But I haven't read the one-shot so throw my opinion in the trash. :p

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What about Anne Bonnie? I haven't read it but Kara was raving about it on the Comixologist podcast. It's supposed to be an all ages book.

Late-because-I-was-visiting-the-inlaws-list

Island #5
Outcast #14
Extrordinary X-Men #4
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #2
Mercy Sparx #10

Tempted to pick-up Boom's Venus #1. About Amurican astronauts going to Venus to mine stuff or set up colonies or somethin'. Preview looked good.

Also checked out the preview for the new Doctor Mirage mini. Damn, now, that is up my alley. Seems there's a lot of story that's come to pass already, though, so it's something I'd want to start at the first mini
I.E. I'll probably never read it.

Was looking at what's coming next week....

Morning Glories #49

PART ONE OF THE TWO-PART SEASON FINALE!
"The Election."

49 issues and you're calling it the end of season one? Fuck you. I bet it still doesn't make any god-damned sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Moon Girl and Devil Dino started and its on #2 already?

how is that book?

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Thanks for all the recommendations! I'm gonna go with Silver Surfer. If he likes Vol. 1 & 2 I'll get him 3 for his birthday.

mreddie

tbh, I'd rather read gwenpool than Runaways.

giphy.gif

Or what if Molly was an Inhuman all along?

They haven't haven't answered why there were 2 Gerts.

no worries. we love to give recommendations here.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Superior foes of spider man (more of a comedy book than a capes book)
Howard the Duck by Chip Zdarsky and Joe Quinones
Ms Marvel the Kamala Kahn series.
Gotham Academy

not ultraviolent at all but there a lot of good books with action

Ultimate Spiderman by Bendis (the miles morales stuff might be better for him)
Nextwave by Ellis and Immonen
Thor (fem) by Aaron and Dauterman
Daredevil by Mark Waid
Current JLA series by Bryan Hitch

depending on how tolerant of gothic and darker works his mom you might be able tl give him some Hellboy

if you know your nephew likes certain characters im sure we come up with some recommendations that feature those characters

PsychBat!

Banned
too big 01011011010101010101010111010100010101010101010101001100010101

EDIT: That ANAD thread is STILL GOING??! Come on! Our SW thread didn't even last long before getting in to the Community section.

Top Bottom