• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The art in this Iron Man / Spidey Carnage mini is absolutely fantastic.

Inanna and Lauras deaths :(

latest

Megatron

Huh, I guess I must have pre-ordered Batman The Doom That Came to Gotham by Mike Mignola at some point because it just came in from Amazon.

Anybody read that before?

Lol. I am in the same boat. I think it was $6 and that was why I pre ordered. At that price,why not? I haven't read it.

Red Lanterns Vol. 2: Death of the Red Lanterns

I'm really enjoying this book. Odd, because Milligan ruined JLD for me, but so far I'm okay with his writing. I love the dark, necromancy vibe they're going for, and I love the idea that the Red Lanterns are trying to be a vigilante/revenge squad. It's perfect and it works so well. I also like the characters as well, though apparently human Red Lanterns can make constructs? And somehow retain their sanity without needing to jump into the blood pool? No explanation on Rankorr yet. I also love the inner politics of the Red Lanterns, which there is a surprisingly large amount of. Currently my only complaint is some of the dialogue, beyond that I'm fine.

Although, love being the opposite of rage makes a lot of sense, then that means the only two colors left without a direct opposite are Indigo, Orange, and Blue, but greed and hope don't really make sense. Perhaps Greed and Compassion, but even then it's wonky. I would imagine Indigo would be a good opposite for Rage. Regardless, I continue to look forward to more of this book.
------------------------------------------------
In the first arc, Lantern Warth would be besieged by poachers after his tusks. I should be writing this book.
I'd support it. Just space monks being space monks. It'd be a better Jedi analogy than the Green Lantern Corps.
That DC going biweekly rumor sounds crazy. Double of the main titles sounds great but I can't help but think the art quality will take a nose dive and non a-listers will go digital first or get buried.

I'm already skipping DC titles that I used to buy going bi weekly would likely kill more series for me. Quality not quantity please.
Wait, is it twice a week, or every two weeks? Because Marvel manages to do every two weeks fairly well.
X-men '92 #1 was kinda blah :/

Yeah it felt like it was a little too much of a parody for me since I actually enjoyed that era of X-Men.
I felt it was more directed at the cartoon than anything.
Yup. But then it involves Cassandra who has nothing to do with that Era at all. It's weird
Like I said above, I think a lot of it was building off of the cartoon, since that ended with Apocalypse and whatnot. Then they just sort of went their own way.

Issue #3 is godlike
Oh yeah, totally. Just throwing me for a bit of a loop is all. I finally checked the page counter to see how long there is to go and was like "whoa."
Originally they released it in smaller trades, but just recently they started collecting it in much bigger volumes. There's one volume left of Simone's run.
Man, why people hating on Gwenpool? They must hate fun and hijinx.
Because ever since Spider-Gwen became a huge hit, Marvel's been pushing her a lot, almost to a ludicrous extent. In fact, wasn't there a month of Gwen variants at one point?
Can someone help. I'm looking for a good graphic novel that's safe for my 12 yr old nephew. His mom is kind of a hippie so no TnA or ultra-violence.

Sorry if this isn't allowed in the thread.
Starlight by Mark Millar
Cyclops by Greg Rucka
Perfect response.
Remember the Batgirl thread? Good times.
That was garbage
I'd legit rather she was dead. It's bad enough that Kamala's technically an Inhuman.
Why? She's an original character, and aside from chilling with Lockjaw for awhile, she's barely interacted with them.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Aquaman 47
Cyborg 6
Dark Knight III 02 of 08
Justice League of America 6

Chew 53
Saga 32
Walking Dead 145

Amazing Spider-Man 5
Astonishing Ant Man 3
Cap America Sam 4
Daredevil 2
Darth Vader 14
Deadpool 4
Extraordinary X-Men 4
New Avengers 4

For me tomorrow

Messi

If only Marvel knew what they were doing...

1PFgQw7.png

oh and

The ongoing will be handled by writer Christopher Hastings and art team Gurihiru, which is comprised of Chifuyu Sasaki and Naoko Kawano. Hastings and Gurihiru have so far handled Gwenpool's -- aka Gwen Poole, not an alternate-universe Gwen Stacy -- previous appearances in the Marvel Universe, and their connection with the character is going to continue.

Huh

Boogiepop

So, quick question: What ever happened with the new Power Girl? What books is she in/is she interesting? I remember some discussion around the character when she first popped up but like literally nothing sense, so I'm kind of curious now...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
002.jpg

Carnage looks fucking creepy with this artist, very alien-ish (well I guess he IS an alien afterall), and the mini itself is actually really good, some good tension building in these first 2 issues. And the art is amazing as I said

Messi

So, quick question: What ever happened with the new Power Girl? What books is she in/is she interesting? I remember some discussion around the character when she first popped up but like literally nothing sense, so I'm kind of curious now...

She is in Teen Titans.

PsychBat!

Banned
002.jpg

Carnage looks fucking creepy with this artist, very alien-ish (well I guess he IS an alien afterall), and the mini itself is actually really good, some good tension building in these first 2 issues. And the art is amazing as I said

The Carnage books are interesting. They're not super good but they are very entertaining in a "carnagey" way(?)

diaspora

I wish we could get some Avenging Spider-Man type of teamup books back. Making fun of Punisher's dead wife was both hilarious and brutal.

Messi

Maybe they cut you off like a bartender does when someone has had too much?

Maybe someone burned down their building because 2 months after the batwoman bombshell has released they still havent shipped me one and still don't know if/when they are getting replacements for their damaged stock (apparently mine was damaged). They can't do refunds on their system either, apparently. Assholes. They are not being helpful in the slightest and I know this ends with them refunding me the money in 1-2 more months wasting my time.

Maybe someone burned down their building because 2 months after the batwoman bombshell has released they still havent shipped me one and still don't know if/when they are getting replacements for their damaged stock (apparently mine was damaged). They can't do refunds on their system either, apparently. Assholes. They are not being helpful in the slightest and I know this ends with them refunding me the money in 1-2 more months wasting my time.
I...uhhhh...don't know who would burn them down.

Sucks about your statue though. Shit customer service is always a pain in the ass.

MG310

Finished Fallout 4. Somehow lined it up so at the end of the final quest I hit level 50 and maxed out a romance all at the same time. And all at 5 frames per second.

I think it might have broken Curie's romance though..it was the 2nd successful round of flirting and she's still doing the friendly comments and no perk.

Christmas IST Order is going to make it on time - Shield Omnibus, Blacksad, Saga Deluxe, Fifth Beatle.

shingi70

Banned
Naruto might as well be called exposition the manga. Dudes stopped in the middle of a tournament fight to explain the backstory and politics of two side characters.

Owzers

marvel really needs to get into statues, they are filling up on girly hijinx but missing out on taking everyone's money in that department.

Owzers

Messi, that's terrible your statue is still in limbo, whenever you get it i will waive my painting charge outside of shipping and handling.

Paper Girls #2: People should definitely read this series.

Messi, that's terrible your statue is still in limbo, whenever you get it i will waive my painting charge outside of shipping and handling.

Yeah, it's nuts that he's still waiting for something I got over a month ago.

Messi, do you have your DCBS orders set to ship on a 4-week cycle? Have they sent you anything else recently or is the Batwoman not even showing in-stock?

Messi

Yeah, it's nuts that he's still waiting for something I got over a month ago.

Messi, do you have your DCBS orders set to ship on a 4-week cycle? Have they sent you anything else recently or is the Batwoman not even showing in-stock?

I have it set to standard shipping. They have sent me stuff before and after it was meant to ship twice. This is the only email I got in the past 2 months. I got it 2 days ago after I sent and email asking for what was wrong.

Hi,

We apologize, but we still have not received adequate replacements for the damages we received from our distributor. We are currently waiting on a response to our inquiry about when they will ship. Again, we apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your business!

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Ashley

Order Deadline for this month: December 23, 2015

Discount Comic Book Service

I love the nerve to leave that order deadline thing in there when I am asking about an order that is already 2 months late.

I love the nerve to leave that order deadline thing in there when I am asking about an order that is already 2 months late.

It sounds like it's the distributor and not DCBS. If the distributor has no inventory to send them, or DC has to make another run for replacements, then that's going to take time. What the hell happened to these statues that so many got wrecked? Did someone drive the truck holding them off of a cliff?

Rhaknar

And now for today's laughable statement from crazy old man Rhaknar:

I love Taskmaster

:(

Owzers

It sounds like it's the distributor and not DCBS. If the distributor has no inventory to send them, or DC has to make another run for replacements, then that's going to take time. What the hell happened to these statues that so many got wrecked? Did someone drive the truck holding them off of a cliff?

i'm going to take a guess and say it's the back part of the hair coming detached from the head, since it looks like it's a separate piece. I presume it's not just the black specs that were in some of the statues.

And now for today's laughable statement from crazy old man Rhaknar:

I love Taskmaster

:(

Do you know how he feels about you? I think he kills people.

Messi

I'd rather a refund at this stage instead of a 2nd edition statue. Even if it is a distributor problem that doesn't excuse them going 2 months without contacting me after it didn't ship and it being picked for shipment 3 times over that time and then going back to out of stock.

VanWinkle

Wow. Just read Batman Noel and it was incredible. Some of the best art I've ever seen. Perfect timing to read, too.

Definitely going to buy this again in the physical deluxe edition format.

Top Bottom