• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Justice League 3k1 #7 was okay. Mostly a breather issue. Stop, assess the damages, get ready to return to the fight. I suspect that
Bruce
isn't really dead, just because they made such a big deal over how
he
died gloriously and we never saw the body. Scullions are surprisingly formidable for an enemy that talks so silly.

JLA #6 was pretty solid. The threads on the time travel stuff are coming together, as is the bigger picture of Rao's plan. There's also a really well done brawl between Superman and Rao, love the visuals there.

Robing, Son of Batman #7: Wait, whaaaaaaaat?

SUDDEN TWIST

Art was a bit wonky this go around, but otherwise damn fine issue. Loved the dialogue. RoBats finally pulling his weight is nice.

Boogiepop

Dang, Hellboy in Hell volume 1 was great. Wish there was more of this, but I guess I'll have to wait. Really had forgotten how awesome it is to have Hellboy as the protagonist, plus it was nice to see the
Witchfinder
stuff tie in pretty significantly, as it had been a little loosely joined to the rest up until now.

Owzers

Chin Music #1 was crazy and kinda good, but hard to get into.

Ghosted #1: Starting off with
prison rape
on the first page is one way to go about things. Apart from that, it was a great opening and usually what i like about random horror movies. Assemble a team, spooky house, etc. I don't know if the first page soured me on reading more though.

tim1138

I had a bunch of stuff this week and Art Ops, Devil Dinosaur, and Hellcat were my favorites.
I'm going to save the last issue of Nameless until I can reread the first five issues, so I can remember what's going on.

Teen Titans #15 was pretty dumb, which was more or less as expected. And not in the fun Red Hood/Arsenal way, but just like regular trashy dumb.

Not gonna lie, only got it because it's got a Robin War tie-in (not that you'd know that from reading it), and because Robin War Aftermath is gonna be in #16 so I figured I should get some idea where the rest of the team is gonna be.

Batman & Robin Eternal #12:...

Well...

Uh...

Shit.

That I was not expecting.

Okay, but seriously though when is the headfake coming because maybe it's just my willing credulity when it comes to this sort of thing but I'm seriously starting to wonder over here.

And Cass, what the hell.

Messi

Image sale works on trades. Tried Sunstone Vol 3 and it makes it half price so 6.50 ish. Get on that sick disgusting lewd adult bdsm lesbian sex love book.

11 & 12 are Sejic's Rat Queens issues? If so absolutely worth a buck.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My haul......

The Walking Dead 128-144 (I have to stay ahead of La Parka!)
Revival 1-17
Rocket Girl 1-6
Injection 2-5
Nailbiter 1-5

Merry X-mas to me!

Mindwipe

Ghosted #1: Starting off with
prison rape
on the first page is one way to go about things. Apart from that, it was a great opening and usually what i like about random horror movies. Assemble a team, spooky house, etc. I don't know if the first page soured me on reading more though.

Ghosted is pretty fun. Stick with it.

Hey guys, any books this week I should definitely buy/avoid? About to finalize my list this week on CMX.

Bought my weeklies, plus a few back issues (Invisible Republic, and gonna try out all the issues so far of Fialkov's new book, King)

Owzers

You gonna read it?

totally! I recently got caught up on my rat queens digital issues from the last sale, read up the issue #10, the last i purchased. I think #11 isn't sejic anymore. Someone named Tess Fowler that apparently is entirely adequate and no one can complain or would complain about.

totally! I recently got caught up on my rat queens digital issues from the last sale, read up the issue #10, the last i purchased. I think #11 isn't sejic anymore. Someone named Tess Fowler that apparently is entirely adequate and no one can complain or would complain about.

New Rat Queens next we- oh, wait. Fowler art. Forgot. Nevermind.

:(

Hey guys, any books this week I should definitely buy/avoid? About to finalize my list this week on CMX.

Bought my weeklies, plus a few back issues (Invisible Republic, and gonna try out all the issues so far of Fialkov's new book, King)

Avoid Teen Titans for sure.

Not that there was much danger of you not doing that <_<

Owzers

"This series is rated Adults Only
DISCLAIMER: graphic sexuality"

I know comixology is trying to warn people about Sunstone but i feel like this isn't strong enough.

" CAUTION: LEWD. "

"This series is rated Adults Only
DISCLAIMER: graphic sexuality"

I know comixology is trying to warn people about Sunstone but i feel like this isn't strong enough.

" CAUTION: LEWD. "

I think it needs like 3 warning pages warning people of its sexual nature. Maybe that will keep people away from this shameful comic.

I can't help it, Messi. She brings it out in me. I have an inexplicable hatred.

I want Cloonan on that book now.

uhhhm really?

Owzers

" Warning: Do not read this on the bus no matter what people say"

this sale is really messing with my trade plans, i don't want to go to all digital, books only really exist if you can put them on shelves and don't need electricity. Digital is best with Mu rentals where i don't feel like i own it anyways.

I can explic it. She fuckin' sucks.

It really depends. Her art is more suited to some things than others. Example:

Yes:
Tess-Fowler.jpg

Noooooooooo:

I can explic it. She fuckin' sucks.

Really, guys? This is just in poor taste. She's not even remotely bad; I don't know why you guys think it's fun to rag on someone when you don't like they're style or because you don't enjoy it as much as what came before. It's pretty disgusting behavior.

Really, guys? This is just in poor taste. She's not even remotely bad; I don't know why you guys think it's fun to rag on someone when you don't like they're style or because you don't enjoy it as much as what came before. It's pretty disgusting behavior.

God dammit Lunchpod, this isn't fun, and I'd rather not have to say it. Again. I'm not saying she's a bad artist, but her art is more suited to D&D Sourcebooks than Rat Queens and it hurts my soul every month.

Owzers

There are some real comic art grinches in this thread right now, i agree.

If anyone hasn't read Paper Girls they should really read Paper Girls with this sale, even though it's only two-ish issues on sale.

God dammit Lunchpod, this isn't fun, and I'd rather not have to say it. Again. I'm not saying she's a bad artist, but her art is more suited to D&D Sourcebooks than Rat Queens and it hurts my soul every month.

Odd suggestion. Stop reading it? Then maybe you'll stop feeling the need to post about it.

Messi

If it bothers you as much as you say it does then you should drop the book. She isn't going anywhere so your complaint isn't going to change. Having to see you shit on her each month is neither fun or engaging.

Messi

I am going to survive her run on this book.

Be happy it's once a month and not daily.

:D

She has said she is staying until there is no more Rat Queens to be told so good luck to you waiting her out.

Sales wise they haven't gone up or down with her on the book so your hope of sales tanking is probably not gonna work.

Mindwipe

Image sale works on trades. Tried Sunstone Vol 3 and it makes it half price so 6.50 ish. Get on that sick disgusting lewd adult bdsm lesbian sex love book.

11 & 12 are Sejic's Rat Queens issues? If so absolutely worth a buck.

Well that certainly involves a few pickups for me then. Thanks for checking.

This week I've been re-reading Zero. Holy shit Zero was good.

Next week I'll read East of West volume 4 and then my backlog is caught up to when the CMX Flash and Arrow sale was on...

So I read the Transformers Holiday Special...

That was awesome.

Indeed it was!

Hey, guess what? This is a thread where we talk about comics. Because we care about comics. Sometimes we love them. Sometimes we don't. Sometimes something we love changes and we have strong feelings about that.

I'm allowed to have my feelings and opinions and share them here. Sometimes people shit on things I love. It pisses me off but I just keep scrolling. I don't complain about it. Because they are allowed to have differing, strong opinions and to share them.

Messi

Hey, guess what? This is a thread where we talk about comics. Because we care about comics. Sometimes we love them. Sometimes we don't. Sometimes something we love changes and we have strong feelings about that.

I'm allowed to have my feelings and opinions and share them here. Sometimes people shit on things I love. It pisses me off but I just keep scrolling. I don't complain about it. Because they are allowed to have differing, strong opinions and to share them.

I don't mind if you don't like her. That's fine. But just posting "she fucking sucks" is shit posting in its finest.

Top Bottom