• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

I don't mind if you don't like her. That's fine. But just posting "she fucking sucks" is shit posting in its finest.

Messi, this is basically saying it's fine to have a different opinion, you just don't want to hear about it. I explained why I don't like her, and instead of a counter argument, I get "Well stop buying the book" or "Too bad, she's not going anywhere."

In fact I think I kinda prefer the bottom one, on the balance.

Betty's mouth is enormous.

This place is negative as fuck.

Zombeen plz. I talk about stuff I like far more often than things I don't.

Messi, this is basically saying it's fine to have a different opinion, you just don't want to hear about it. I explained why I don't like her, and instead of a counter argument, I get "Well stop buying the book" or "Too bad, she's not going anywhere."

She's a halfling thing in a cartoonish style.

It's fine.

Messi

The reason you aren't getting arguments for why she should stay is because it's rehashing the exact same conversation we had last month.

I really hope you don't think just saying she fucking sucks is OK criticism.

She's a halfling thing in a cartoonish style.

It's fine.

Is not.

2sFrwMB.gif

Please quote me as to where I said that. Because I'm sure I didn't. I was referring to my own comments.

Messi

Is not.

2sFrwMB.gif

Please quote me as to where I said that. Because I'm sure I didn't. I was referring to my own comments.

I am referring to the whole conversation. Btw it started because you made a flippant comment just to be mean.

Oh and this place has become very negative recently. It's so much less appealing.

This is me punching you right, because I've got the bug-themed avatar and you're the anime girl?

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be a Power Ranger-type character.

I am referring to the whole conversation. Btw it started because you made a flippant comment just to be mean.

It wasn't intended to be mean. It was intended to express my continual disappointment, which is where I believe it succeeded.

Zombine

Banned
depends on what you are talking about but so far it seems no matter what you like in this thread someone is bound to hate it and others are bound to like it. Just ignore the haters lol

I used to live here brother. The thread has seen much better days, trust me.

Seriously, Messi? Yes, we have recently talked about this. And I very diplomatically expressed that I thought Fowler was a poor fit for the book. Used lots of words. Explained why. I'm sure you remember. This is a community, right? We know each other. So when I come along and say that she sucks, you should know, because we just talked about it, that I am expressing my sadness and frustration over how this book I once loved isn't one I enjoy as much anymore. I'm expressing my feels.

The thread is negative? Uh, no..? There's been tons of recent this-is-great and heres-a-balanced-review posts. Sometimes people also say they don't like stuff.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

Messi

I used to live here brother. The thread has seen much better days, trust me.

Absolutely. Not to say this place doesn't have redeeming qualities but I find it much harder to enjoy now.

Seriously, Messi? Yes, we have recently talked about this. And I very diplomatically expressed that I thought Fowler was a poor fit for the book. Used lots of words. Explained why. I'm sure you remember. This is a community, right? We know each other. So when I come along and say that she sucks, you should know, because we just talked about it, that I am expressing my sadness and frustration over how this book I once loved isn't one I enjoy as much anymore. I'm expressing my feels.

The thread is negative? Uh, no..? There's been tons of recent this-is-great and hers-a-balanced-review posts. Sometimes people also say they don't like stuff.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

I hope you continue to enjoy the thread.

Zombine

Banned
How many of ya'll even bothered to help that dude who was looking for recs for a 12 year old? Listen, I think Rat Queens is trash, but we used to have a way about going about shit that wasn't like the old Comic Book Resources board. Lotta snarky weird shit in here.

Really, guys? This is just in poor taste. She's not even remotely bad; I don't know why you guys think it's fun to rag on someone when you don't like they're style or because you don't enjoy it as much as what came before. It's pretty disgusting behavior.

Still better than Quitely.

I'm going to drop some cash money on this Image sale.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
How many of ya'll even bothered to help that dude who was looking for recs for a 12 year old? Listen, I think Rat Queens is trash, but we used to have a way about going about shit that wasn't like the old Comic Book Resources board. Lotta snarky weird shit in here.

Like 10 different people threw out suggestions.

I forgot you can no longer buy books directly from the iPhone Comixology app. Amazon isn't going to give Jobs' widow that 30% cut. Website it is.

Messi

Kipp
JC
Rafa
Zombine
Cheska
GrandHarrier
KoruptData

All regulars who stopped posting as regulars In the past year. I sometimes wonder why. I guess I had a hand in JC wanting to leave but the rest I don't know.

Kipp
JC
Rafa
Zombine
Cheska
GrandHarrier
KoruptData

All regulars who stopped posting as regulars In the past year. I sometimes wonder why. I guess I had a hand in JC wanting to leave but the rest I don't know.

Kipp got obsessed with Godzilla Monsterarts figures, Korupt got obsessed with Hot Toys, Rafa stopped reading comics, and Zombeen gonna Zombeen. oh, and Filthy Slug got bit by the art print bug.

Messi

Kipp got obsessed with Godzilla Monsterarts figures, Korupt got obsessed with Hot Toys, Rafa stopped reading comics, and Zombeen gonna Zombeen. oh, and Filthy Slug got bit by the art print bug.

These are things we can and do talk about here especially hot toys.

Kipp
JC
Rafa
Zombine
Cheska
GrandHarrier
KoruptData

That's the nature of forums. Nobody is immortal, everyone is easily replaced. Nobody is losing sleep when a regular moves on.

I used to post here all the time a year or so ago. I stopped hitting it up as often when it morphed into waifu/figure GAF. Aside from an inflammatory Quitely statement or two, nobody misses me. I'll live.

shingi70

Banned
Still not enough to keep me on the book.

I am relying on you to continue reading and report back. If it gets good, let me know, yeah?

Sure, It saddens me that the book is so average. With someone like Victor I'd want to weave a tale of what it means to be African American hero in the DCU, or the fact that he's one of the few transhumans and in some instances despite all his power is functionally disabled.(kinda like how the classic Iron Man suit is at best just a expensive Iron Lung.

This just being okay, has me worried about Walker's upcoming Iron Fist and Powerman series.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That's the nature of forums. Nobody is immortal, everyone is easily replaced. Nobody is losing sleep when a regular moves on.

I used to post here all the time a year or so ago. I stopped hitting it up as often when it morphed into waifu/figure GAF. Aside from an inflammatory Quitely statement or two, nobody misses me. I'll live.

If that is what you do I will miss you.

Anyone know a good app to track and post them pull lists, or is everyone 100% Comixology. I recall one being used in the past before I had a smartphone. I can just cross reference if not.

I do think dislike can be expressed in a more constructive manner. "I don't like X (because Y)" generally tends to come off as far less confrontational than "X is shit (because Y)". Yes, I know people often use those two phrases to mean the same thing but they really do project different feelings and meanings.

Anyone read Island? It's in the image sale and looks interesting but even half off that's a health chunk just to try out a book.

As for the artist thing. Saying you don't like an artist isn't negative. People shouldn't get that riled up over such a little opinion. It's nothing personal. People express what they like and don't like. I seem to recall people going on and on with Quitely for months. A much much more accomplished artist and was done in much much harsher terms. And this is my observations from someone that's been here longer in these threads than most. Don't like something? put effort in changing it by posting the way you'd like to see things. Or don't. Community threads eb and flow. People come and go. It's life.

Anyone know a good app to track and post them pull lists, or is everyone 100% Comixology. I recall one being used in the past before I had a smartphone. I can just cross reference if not.

I think Korupt used something like that for a while. But at this point, even I've moved over to digital.

Messi

I just don't believe there isn't a reason why all these formerly top of the posting list suddenly stopped posting over the course of a couple of months. In some of the cases I know there is a reason .

Owzers

what's the final verdict on Chrononauts and Starlight? If i didn't like Kick Ass 2, Secret Service, Jupiter's Circle, or the other book i don't remember, will i like either of these?

Top Bottom