• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

mreddie

2843616-jessica_drew.jpg

Merry Christmas, Comix-GAF!

I read an issue of Pirates of Mars i got from the CMX Submit sale because it's got the upcoming Archie artist on art and it was alright, but I have a new lettering pet peeve
use punctuation

Merry Christmas guys, gals, mutants and inhumans of Comic-GAF. You guys have been amazing this year to me, I wish you have a wonderful New Year. Thanks for accepting me into your community.
I started off reading ye olde Marvel, and some how you guys got me into The Walking Dead, and possibly Saga, so thanks for that!

I'm just about to sit down and veg out after Christmas dinner to the ye olde Toby Maguire Spider-man (yeah I like 'em!).

I think the last joke in the Deadpool trailer is the one that's going to sell it to mainstream audiences the best. That's a great finisher to a fun trailer.

ElNarez

Banned
I thought the cursing-free trailer was better. There's something that feels forced in all the "fucks" Ryan Reynolds drops. It's like, sometimes you gotta dial it back, y'know?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that trailer was so much better than the first one, this one actually got me super excited

Owzers

i don't like it when stores email you a merry christmas note. It's like Hillary talking about wanting your vote. Trump 2016. All I want for Christmas is a Trump presidency.

Owzers

thank god you're making the new OT for January to start the year off right

every time i threaten to make a thread, someone swoops in and does work.

COMICS! lOTl Trump 2016: Redefining a White Christmas.

I still like "Return the sweaters, burn comics for warmth." Going with that.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Merry Christmas, everyone!
I'm sad that I haven't been up to reading comics lately, thus haven't had much reason to post in this thread, but regardless, I do love you all. You're all wonderful people and I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and holiday season.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I'm sad that I haven't been up to reading comics lately, thus haven't had much reason to post in this thread, but regardless, I do love you all. You're all wonderful people and I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and holiday season.
I am here for you, Kipp.

A poet once said, "Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when there's so much in the line. But you and I can make a difference. There's a mission just for you and me. Just look inside and you will find just what you can do."

JEKKI

Merry Christmas!

thinking about picking up It Girl and the Atomics and Multiple Warheads from the Image sale...

these good books??

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I am here for you, Kipp.

A poet once said, "Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when there's so much in the line. But you and I can make a difference. There's a mission just for you and me. Just look inside and you will find just what you can do."

Hahaha. You're the man, Rafa. I hope you've been doing well.

JEKKI

Multiple Warheads is a fun book, I haven't read It Girl.
thing about Warheads tho is that the trade has a whole another book included on top of the 4 issues, and that extra book I dont think is part of the image sale :(

so may jus get the trade later instead of the individual issues...

in other news, I finally loaded Blackest Night into my comixology account; gonna finally get around to reading this

Messi

Messi, I'm halfway through Death Vigil. I love it. You said there was more on the way, right?

I got some clothes for Christmas. I like them.

Yes next year and then it will be properly cancelled. I feel like at this stage you should just trust me when I say a sejic book is good. I pimped that book every month that it came out and only one or two people cared.

oh and

8u8JR2T.png

To me this is how Rat Queens ends, he is getting way into D&D on twitch and he is writing a broader audience book in the vein of rat queens. I think Rat Queens will go away during this period. I guess yall can celebrate when its gone.

Yes next year and then it will be properly cancelled. I feel like at this stage you should just trust me when I say a sejic book is good. I pimped that book every month that it came out and only one or two people cared.

I bought the trade as soon as it cme out. I just procrastinated when it came to the actual reading.

To me this is how Rat Queens ends, he is getting way into D&D on twitch and he is writing a broader audience book in the vein of rat queens. I think Rat Queens will go away during this period. I guess yall can celebrate when its gone.

I didn't want Rat Queens gone, I just wanted a new artist. Is that so wrong?

Boogiepop

Okay, wow, I think Archie's videogame trades may be straight up dead at this point. At the very least the next volumes of Mega Man and the mainline Sonic now read as coming out freaking July of next year, and the Sonic Saga trades that haven't come out yet are now straight up unlisted on Amazon. That whole situation is so ridiculously messed up and depressing, as I'd totally be all over that stuff if they could just actually get it released. :(

Merry Christmas, Comics-gaf!

Okay, wow, I think Archie's videogame trades may be straight up dead at this point. At the very least the next volumes of Mega Man and the mainline Sonic now read as coming out freaking July of next year, and the Sonic Saga trades that haven't come out yet are now straight up unlisted on Amazon. That whole situation is so ridiculously messed up and depressing, as I'd totally be all over that stuff if they could just actually get it released. :(

Do they not sell well?

Boogiepop

Merry Christmas, Comics-gaf!

Do they not sell well?

I admittedly have no idea how much it has to do with sales versus potential mismanagement and/or Archie having trouble in general, but the whole line of trades has had delays of over a year for all of these latest volumes. It's really screwy as they actually had a solid expansion of the line over the last few years (the introduction of Sonic Universe, the Mega Man comic, and then the Sonic Boom comic) before just suddenly contracting and cancelling (or "putting on hiatus") all that stuff and having this whole mess with the trades.

Which is a shame as Ian Flynn has been doing a great job of both turning around the awful base Ken Penders left for the Sonic comic, as well as creating some great stuff of his own.

Top Bottom