• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

JEKKI

How can you tell if things on Amazon.com will transfer over to CMX?
the digital price should read "Kindle & comiXology"

I tested it out on one of my purchases (Batman Len Wein) and when I loaded up my comixology app it said something like a book has been added from your kindle library, which I am currently downloading.

as always with digital purchases, no idea what'll happen years from now when the relationship between the two companies change,

but I'm not gonna stress that over a few bucks...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Monstress #2 was good. My favorite new comic.

Anyone read the Big Trouble in Little China comics? I really enjoy them, written by John Carpenter too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Monstress #2 was good. My favorite new comic.

Anyone read the Big Trouble in Little China comics? I really enjoy them, written by John Carpenter too.

I asked about Big Trouble and Little China last week when it was on sale and nobody answered. Thanks a lot Lashley! THANKS A LOT!

I think I'm falling into the trap of being woed by Image's seemingly endless run of amazing ideas. I've currently got Elephantman, Ringside, Saga, Chew and I'm sure there are more I'll end up getting hooked into after reading the teasers attached to the end of these Walking Dead issues.

Any thoughts on any of the above series?

EDIT:

aww bugger just seen there's a ton of Walking Dead issues I need in the $0.99 sale!

Messi

I think I'm falling into the trap of being woed by Image's seemingly endless run of amazing ideas. I've currently got Elephantman, Ringside, Saga, Chew and I'm sure there are more I'll end up getting hooked into after reading the teasers attached to the end of these Walking Dead issues.

EDIT:

aww bugger just seen there's a ton of Walking Dead issues I need in the $0.99 sale!

Absolutely yes to both of those series, they are both incredible.

This is the best time to buy those Walking Dead issues at the pace you seem to be reading currently. You will be caught up in no time.

TheFlow

Banned

EDIT:

I am waiting for Chew to finish which should be next year before I start collecting it. Saga is my personal favorite. My personal would be to buy the saga HC for 30 bucks. and then go back to reading walking dead.

1.Saga
2.Deadly class
3.stray bullets
4.sex criminals
5. east by west.

those are my current top 5 atm without counting walking dead, chew, and invincible

I feel like a mug, as I've been buying them on CMX at near full price. If I buy them from Image's own store, how do I get them to work on ipad? Do Image have their own comic reader, or can I link them into CMX?

Reading List has grown from just Marvel to

Walking Dead
Ringside
Saga (once I'm caught up on Walking Dead)
Chew (as above)

I'm blaming everyone in this thread. All of you.

I think I'm going to start reading Bone either tonight or tomorrow. The One Volume Color Edition is super gorgeous, guys. I would have been fine reading the B&W edition if the paper wasn't such thin garbage, but this is much better.

PsychBat!

Banned
Reading List has grown from just Marvel to

Walking Dead
Ringside
Saga (once I'm caught up on Walking Dead)
Chew (as above)

I'm blaming everyone in this thread. All of you.

TheBeginning.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's cool, I wanna get more people on SpOck.

Is it weird that I shed a few tears when Pete finally got his body back after Ock conceded he was the best spidey and did it to save anna

EDIT: And I marked the FUCK out when Goblin thinks its ock but pete quips and it shows Goblin shocked and he goes "Its you!"

PsychBat!

Banned
Is it weird that I shed a few tears when Pete finally got his body back after Ock conceded he was the best spidey and did it to save anna

While I loved SpOck, I have to finally admit, the entire run was about how Peter is truly the capable Spider-Man and no one else can juggle his life around like he can. In that way, he is Superior to SpOck. So no, it's not weird at all.

Owzers

Redskins got this tonight. Also making banana bread. Also reading Zero vol 2 tp if i can remember what happened in vol 1 despite not wanting to open it up again. I don't have time for old comics, i don't have the memory to read new comics.

Also debating on Sexcastle still...

VanWinkle

What is a very economical way to get into a good run of X-Men? Big trades would probably work best, but HCs work, too, or a cheap omnibus or something.

I recently realized that, although I've always been a fan of X-Men movies, I have never actually read any X-Men comics.

I'd like it to be a little more modern (last decade or two) if possible.

So review copies of WW Earth One are out there in the wild and, well, yeah.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1471877493 (CAUTION: review pretty much spoils the entire plot, includes pictures)

Morrison and Paquette made this with... someone in mind, that's for sure. I'm just not sure I want to know who that someone is. DC might, but that's another story.

I somehow suspected something like this would happen :/

Morrison going back to the original well from which WW sprung vis a vis bondage was always going to get weird.

So review copies of WW Earth One are out there in the wild and, well, yeah.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1471877493 (CAUTION: review pretty much spoils the entire plot, includes pictures)

Morrison and Paquette made this with... someone in mind, that's for sure. I'm just not sure I want to know who that someone is. DC might, but that's another story.

I don't want to look at it cause spoilers and all (although, I can kind of guess what happened), but why do we have to wait four months or something if reviewers get it now?

Messi

Would anybody like a mystery marvel digital code? I can promise that the book will be fun with great art and you will really enjoy it.

That or it will be a Bendis Guardians issue.

SAW.jpg

Mindwipe

That review goes way beyond gender critique and into the full on kink shaming that the worst of feminist theory is guilty of. :-(

What is a very economical way to get into a good run of X-Men? Big trades would probably work best, but HCs work, too, or a cheap omnibus or something.

I recently realized that, although I've always been a fan of X-Men movies, I have never actually read any X-Men comics.

I'd like it to be a little more modern (last decade or two) if possible.
Essential X-Men volumes have all of Claremont's run. Very cheap

Messi

That review goes way beyond gender critique and into the full on kink shaming that the worst of feminist theory is guilty of. :-(

I'm not going to make this thread as I am not qualified to speak about it. This is a shitstorm waiting to happen. I was really rooting for this book :(. I just need to know if that review is being fair. I hate kink shaming with a passion.

Edit: Those comments are quite something. Questioning Morrisons who catalog and wondering if he has always written creeper stuff. I'm not saying any of this is ok if it is true as I havent read the book but it reads like the reviewer has never read old wonder woman books.

Also people in the comments talking about being denied for reviews?

Top Bottom