• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

ElNarez

Banned
If you don't pick the newest Titans you might end up regretting it, as far as The Thing They Said Titans Would Get Into is concerned.

Just bought 18 comics to catch up on my Batfamily stuff and Spidey/Deadpool. Been a hectic two months but finally for this again.

All-Star Batman
Nightwing
Batman
Detective Comics
Spiderman/Deadpool

Shit I forgot to get Nova!

it's funny that the only argument over Marvel's recent movies is NOTHING, because no one is thinking about those movies, because no one even remembers those movies, because these movies are boring, and they look boring, and the novelty of them has worn out

lol no dude

i think about the mcu all the time

mreddie

it's funny that the only argument over Transformers movies is NOTHING, because no one is thinking about those movies, because no one even remembers those movies, because these movies are boring, and they look boring, and the novelty of them has worn out

FIFY

It's also setting up Judah's Contract Rebirth.

lmao

7OskYNu.jpg

Boogiepop

Thanks. And damn, does Authority really go to hell? Like, just browsing through who was on it afterwards, I know Millar can definitely be pretty eh, but I at least see some later stuff by Brubaker, DnA, and Morrison, who generally deliver pretty damn well (well, DnA I admittedly only have experience on via that whole cosmic Marvel era).

Asking again before this sale ends: is the rest of The Authority really not worth it? Because those names on it definitely have my interest.

VanWinkle

Finished Crisis on Infinite Earths. Loved it. Made me want to go back and re-read a lot of the stuff that calls back to events within CoIE (that previously meant nothing to me since I hadn't read CoIE).

Asking again before this sale ends: is the rest of The Authority really not worth it? Because those names on it definitely have my interest.

The first story arc has one of our heroes being raped by the main villain. The second story arc has another one of our heroes being raped by the main villain.

ElNarez

Banned
Six-Pack and Dogwelder is the book Great Lakes Avengers wishes it was, and you should get on that instead of wasting your time on a book Marvel doesn't even care about in the slightest.

nothing got me hyped about. I can't imagine new readers picking this up and sticking with it.

the only good thing was the art

It's a good story. People don't have patience anymore.

Sorry, comic book readers don't have patience anymore. People seem to be liking Manchester By The Sea and Transparent just fine.

mreddie

I think Flow would drop Kamala Ms. Marvel back in 2014 because nothing happened.

Hawkguy 1 and Vision 1 are how you start off a series.

Six-Pack and Dogwelder is the book Great Lakes Avengers wishes it was, and you should get on that instead of wasting your time on a book Marvel doesn't even care about in the slightest.

At least they care about it more than Green Gunman.

Yea, thats why ya'll should've dropped Ms Marvel. Cuz nothing happened.

Right.

edit: read Six-Pack and Dogwelder. Good enough to forget you're reading a modern DC comic

edit 2: hey remember when ennis and parlov were doing a frank castle vietnam story together

TheFlow

Banned
]I think Flow would drop Kamala Ms. Marvel back in 2014 because nothing happened.[/B]

Hawkguy 1 and Vision 1 are how you start off a series.

At least they care about it more than Green Gunman.
I am reading a lot of books where the plot moves slow.

I have never cared for She-Hulk and this new book made me care less.

You can't have a good story with only 1 issue. First issue is supposed to sell someone on the book no matter what. I shouldn't have to wait a volume for a book to magically get good.

Rocket Racoon #1

so far the best out of the solo guardian books. I liked it. will stick with it.

I am reading a lot of books where the plot moves slow.

I have never cared for She-Hulk and this new book made me care less.

You can't have a good story with only 1 issue. First issue is supposed to sell someone on the book no matter what. I shouldn't have to wait a volume for a book to magically get good.

Good things in Hulk #1

- Back to the weird MU legal shenanigans from Soule's incredible run
- The book is not in a vacuum, the fact that Jennifer doesn't Hulk out at all is hugely significant, and addresses the nature of trauma and PTSD in a very compelling way
- Dope panel-to-panel storytelling
- Strong narrative voice
- Attention to mundane real world detail in the Mighty Marvel Manner.

It's a very good first issue, you just didn't like it.

The first story arc has one of our heroes being raped by the main villain. The second story arc has another one of our heroes being raped by the main villain.
mark 'pls ghost write for me said:
The ultimate [act] that would be the taboo, to show how bad some villain is, was to have somebody being raped, you know. I don't really think it matters. It's the same as, like, a decapitation. It's just a horrible act to show that somebody's a bad guy

TheFlow

Banned
Good things in Hulk #1

- Back to the weird MU legal shenanigans from Soule's incredible run
- The book is not in a vacuum, the fact that Jennifer doesn't Hulk out at all is hugely significant, and addresses the nature of trauma and PTSD in a very compelling way
- Dope panel-to-panel storytelling
- Strong narrative voice
- Attention to mundane real world detail in the Mighty Marvel Manner.

It's a very good first issue, you just didn't like it.

why are we still talking about this? I have moved on to better

They digging up the Judas contract? Please tell me they are not
Animated movie on the way.

Is it just me or does DC really have a thing for Hand Imagery? Anti-Monitor, the hand at creation, Manhattan's hand, The Empty Hand, etc. Marvel really likes the "Massive brawl zoom out to show how messed up the area has been" shot in events and big books but it seems like there must be a note on everyone's computers at DC telling everyone to bring up hands when big stuff is revealed.

Hagi

lmao
facts only

there wasn't a single flash forward that didn't look completely boring

It's like this shitty event wasn't decompressed enough. The end was a
I must go back to my home planet now so lets wrap this up in two pages moment.

This was crap.

TheFlow

Banned
Black Panther #9

After the Bomb of #8 I was expecting it to go down! but it is was more of setting up the climax.
Shrui
is already changing the way people think, and is stronger than ever. Plus the midnight angels are back in the fold. Can't believe the conclusion is in 3 chapters.

Malyse

"Oh you spent all your money on Christmas? Well fuck you, everything is coming out this week!"

😰😓😩

It's like forty comics this week.

Bendis is totally just leaving GotG so he can do The Defenders(or Heroes For Hire if they don't want to bring in Strange in for one issue so he can complain about them stealing his name that he trademarked). That's totally why they want the Daredevil line to be a success despite early signs it can't even hold up more than 3 books.

Top Bottom