• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Rom #5
Pretty good issue, albeit slow. Mostly just intended to be a transitional issue from the end of REVOLUTION to setting up for the next arc. I do enjoy the added Knights and also
Camilla's new Wraith form. I'm betting Camilla will escape somehow, but it seems like she's supposed to be some sort of special Wraith, since it looks like she's growing wings and going through a different kind of mutation. Especially given that we see Wraith possessions at the beginning ofr the issue. And in the last issue, one of the Wraiths at the base spoke to the Wraith inside of Camilla in a way that indicated that it was different.

Good issue if a bit slower than usual.

Glitterbomb #3
omae wa mo shinderu

Good issue. A bit of insight into Kaydon's life, whose mom is kind of a bitch. Like, I understand her frustrations, but she's not exactly helping anything by taking it out on Kaydon. Although she also isn't wrong about Farrah.

On the other hand we learn about what happened to Farrah back in the day on Space Farers. Particularly the revelation that
she quit, whereas we were lead to believe that she exited when the show ended. Her quitting is implied to be what I assume was being raped, or possibly some kind of sexual affair gone wrong. Also brings to mind where she's getting all that money from? Or is she just not budgeting anymore and doesn't care?

A good book that's becoming more and more horrific as it goes on, as we now see Farrah transforming in personality as well as physically.

I played like 4 hours this afternoon. I hit level 40 at the end of Chapter 6. I really love being overleveled in these games.

If I pick it up, that's exactly what I'll do. I always grind early and often in games where the enemies don't scale. I love stomping stuff after leveling up.

TheFlow

Banned
I played like 4 hours this afternoon. I hit level 40 at the end of Chapter 6. I really love being overleveled in these games.
Shit I am still on ch. 2so much stuff to do. They did a great job at sense of size in this game I haven't been this addicted since witches 3. Lv. 12

If I pick it up, that's exactly what I'll do. I always grind early and often in games where the enemies don't scale. I love stomping stuff after leveling up.

Dude, sidequests give you so much EXP in this game, and there are stat multipliers to spend ability points on that multiply various stat increases by the number of levels gained.

Dude, sidequests give you so much EXP in this game, and there are stat multipliers to spend ability points on that multiply various stat increases by the number of levels gained.

Love it.

Biggest thing I hated about Morrowind and Oblivion was grinding a lot only to discover enemies scaled to your level. Makes the whole process feel irrelevant.

Wanderer5

Just obtained volume 4 of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and oh my god, that choose your own adventure issue is glorious lol. Still continue to enjoy this series a lot.

Should get around catching up with Spider-Gwen.

Just obtained volume 4 of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and oh my god, that choose your own adventure issue is glorious lol. Still continue to enjoy this series a lot.

Should get around catching up with Spider-Gwen.

That issue was amazing. Have you read Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe? SO GOOD

Y'know what's better than Overwatch and FFXV? Furi. The Xbox version just came out and it's sick. It's a boss rush game and it's stylish as hell thanks to the creator of Afro Samurai, Takashi Okazaki, being the main artist.
EG566No.jpg

Sandfox

So how is Gwenpool? Looks quite, unbelievable.;)

Also like the art for the Avatar comics.

I really enjoy Gwenpool. It's a book where from the outside looking in you might expect a pure comedy book, but it really makes you feel for the character. She is very similar to Deadpool in that regard.

Wanderer5

I really enjoy Gwenpool. It's a book where from the outside looking in you might expect a pure comedy book, but it really makes you feel for the character. She is very similar to Deadpool in that regard.

Sounds great. I probably look through the tradeback if my local barnes and nobles has it tomorrow, and see how I feel about it.

Slayven, I support your idea on making a thread about comic's strange fetish for pregnancy stories.

Hell, even DnA!GotG sort of had it with Moondragon and the Cancerverse parasite that she wanted to get rid off after taking it on to save everyone else while the Universal Church of Truth wanted her to give birth to it.

gotg22001dyufv.jpg

Slayven, I support your idea on making a thread about comic's strange fetish for pregnancy stories.

Hell, even DnA!GotG sort of had it with Moondragon and the Cancerverse parasite that she wanted to get rid off after taking it on to save everyone else while the Universal Church of Truth wanted her to give birth to it.

gotg22001dyufv.jpg

In fairness, the Cancerverse stuff was heavily inspired by Lovecraftian/Cthulu mythos, which has a tendency of having the whole "Old Ones get humans pregnant to make new Old Ones."

Cosmic space pregnancies are surprisingly a common thing. Fucking Angel did that shit. Multiple times.

Dalek

I finished Grayson for the first time tonight. I really thought it was amazing and a thrilling ride with a lot of momentum-right up until the end. The last 3 or 4 issues just seemed like a dud and they switched artists on us which killed the mood of the book.

kmfdmpig

Love it.

Biggest thing I hated about Morrowind and Oblivion was grinding a lot only to discover enemies scaled to your level. Makes the whole process feel irrelevant.

Yup. Grinding and becoming ridiculously powerful is what I like about RPGs as well. Scaling defeats the purpose for me.

shingi70

Banned
Reading through Black Lightning and really enjoying. The trade comes with a forward from Tony Isabella on why he wanted to create the charcater going from Marvel to DC to get it done.

Despite not interacting with African Americans himself he met alot who were also fans of comic books, and set out to create a Black charcater who didn't fall into any stereotypes but was also the leading man of his own book.

Two issues in and We've seen guest appearances by Merlin and Talia All Ghul. There's a weird bit in the first issue with Jefferson catching a 40 year old drug pusher dealing in the middle of a school hallway, which is shortly followed by armed mobsters just strolling into the schools gym.

This leads me too two questions.

1. Does Superman just flyover Suicide Slum?

2. Other than Johns being obsessed with Super friends, why wasn't Black Lightning chosen to replace MM in the league.

Doom Patrol (The Painting that ate Paris)

This book is pure nonsense and I love every panel of it.

We still got some Crazy Jane magic get out of issue personality stuff, which bums me out a little, but it barely hinders the book at all.

What I love from the book is the characterization. How quickly Mr. Nobody goes from complete world domination to just being affable and not seeming to care within seconds because he's just insane. The homeless guy enjoying it just because it shows his mother to be wrong and him enjoying telling her even though she's dead is just great. There are just so many character things pushed into this arc that I just love everything.

DC Talent Showcast

Was disappointed most the stories were mostly left at 'to be continued...', but overall I liked it.

The Constantine and Hawkgirl stories were without a doubt the best of the bunch.

Top Bottom