• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| December 2016. Motor Girl is my new Motor Crush

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Black Science #26
Glitterbomb #4
Motor Crush #1
Nailbiter #27
Revival #45
Violent Love #2
The Walking Dead #161
The Wicked + The Divine #24

Owzers

Roman reigns is getting another championship match? Trump is getting reelected for sure. It's fitting the event is callled "roadblock: end of the line"

JTripper

Issue #40 of Dixon's Nightwing is a stroke of genius. What a fun issue with Tarantula. I can't get enough of this run.

Sandfox

You will very much be interested in Phyla Vell and Moondragon as well.

Cosmo is the secret best character though :D

latest

List of Funny Books I Will Purchase
Batman #12
Green Arrow #12
Nightwing #10
Reggie and Me #1

See you in six months Doctor Aphra and Nova.

Hagi

I've only read issue one but huh this Drax book ain't half bad. I don't actually mind the movie characterization because he's one of the best things about it. Maybe I'll give the recent Rocket and Groot book a read as well. The new Guardians trailer was amazing.

Maybe I will read the Chip Star-Lord when it comes out after all. Nova is out this week? shit I am a happy man.

Messi

I've only read issue one but huh this Drax book ain't half bad. Maybe I'll give the recent Rocket and Groot book a read as well. The new Guardians trailer was amazing.

The recent Groot solo book was surprisingly good and touching.

Messi

I'll give that a go. Having Marvel Unlimited really is a great thing.

There is also a really cool two part arc of Rocket and Groot with art by Felipe Andrade about how far Rocket with go for Groot that is awesome.

Ross61

(i.e. No Hulk)

People typically associated with the Hand, not temporarily brainwashed. Electra, not Hulk.

Hmmmm, if we're adding people associated with each respective organization. Then I'd have to give it to the League again. Typically all the best of the best fighters of the DC universe have been taught by Ra's al Ghul and the League, and I don't know if I can say the same of the Hand.

TheFlow

Banned
Dc Has some great stuff this week.

Shade #3
Midnighter #3
Nightwing #9. about fucking time
Green arrow #12. otto on art <3

marvel has some solid stuff too.

Nova #1
moon knight #9. yas queen
unworthy thor #2
avengers #2

things I don't care about but will continue to buy because that overtime money is flowing.

champions #3

shingi70

Banned
Anyone else feel bad when you don't support creators who deserve it. My pull list is just DC and a few indie titles. I love Marvel but I really don't mind waiting six months for stuff to drop onto unlimited.

kmfdmpig

Anyone else feel bad when you don't support creators who deserve it. My pull list is just DC and a few indie titles. I love Marvel but I really don't mind waiting six months for stuff to drop onto unlimited.
I know what you mean and the same question pops up on the gaming side. For me, I don't as my disposable income is limited, so I buy what I want without any more noble intentions.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I don't. Comics are expensive and I don't have that many monies.

Not one bit. In theory, I could have an Echo/Messi level pull list every week, but I'm very comfortable with waiting for Marvel content to pop on MU. If DC or Image offered a similar service, I'd do the same with their books. I've never cared much about spoilers and I don't need the latest thing.

Comics are expense. Having a lot of disposable income doesn't drive me to load up on singles every week. I purchase books I like that I'm staying current on. Even some books I love like Saga, I'll wait a month or so after release when they drop in price.

Comixology sales are my real weakness. The $1 threshold is my comfort zone to stock up on back issues. Unlike video games, I actually go back and read all my backlog over time.

I'm also oddly this way about movies...and hell, just about every form of entertainment. The wife and I don't do movies in the theater except for something like Star Wars. I have a decent AV setup at home and end up watching everything at home. The obvious downside is everything major gets spoiled if you aren't careful.

Hagi

Ive really parred down my pull list, to about 12 titles and what's on MU.

I haven't had a large pull list since Marvel did the Heroic Age. I think I'm at 5 monthlies right now, soon to be 6 with Nova coming out. Everything else like the Thor, Dr Strange, the Star Wars books and Image stuff I get in trade. I quite like it this way as I easily get distracted from comics and I don't have to worry being behind on 20 different books.

Owzers

i'm still looking for the right pair of headphones for ps4 gaming to drown out my system, though i also ordered a new pair of glasses with a thinner side rim because my current headphones are bothering me with glasses on. Right now i'm using the Bose AE2, my ear touches the driver a little, and they are too snug with my glasses despite having plush earpadding.

Possibilities:

Hyperx Cloud Stinger - cheapest, supposed to have nice sound and comfort, not a lot of clamping pressure for people with glasses, but that lack of pressure makes them have slightly worse noise isolation and my PS4 rages.The mic isn't detachable and i don't want to have it around since i only need it for overwatch. Mic swivel mutes which is nice, but someone said that lifts the ear cups up a little and is annoying.

hyper cloud pro with inline mic/cloud x: inline controls to mute the mic which is important, what if i sneeze? The other clouds only offer usb dongles for muting/controls.

Steelseries arctic 3: seems good, but less isolation because of less pressure, but also good for glasses.

Oh hey, comics. DCBS updated:

For Sure:

Black Panther, Black Science, Doom Patrol, East of West, Frontier: To Boldly Delay, Gwenpool, Invincible, Paper Girls, Walking Dead, Wonder Woman, Velvet Deluxe Hardcover.

For Maybe:

Flinstones vol 1
Snotgirl vol 1 ( really gaf? You want to do this?)
Seven to Eternity vol 1 tp ( might wait for hardcover/digital sales, first volume is only 4 issues)
Marvel Gwenpool Selfie Statue: It's a selfie statue, probably passing despite gwenpool
Suicide Squad vol 1 : eh
Batwoman Rebirth #1 - it's going to crossover with batbooks, why bother
Justice League of Trump's America - it'll crossover with a justice league book i don't buy
Wild Storm #1 - I read Karnak, that makes me not want to continue with Ellis pre-orders, might wait for trade.
The Old Guard - Rucka's image book, but i'm not super impressed with Wonder Woman and might not need more Rucka right now.

Any of the Maybes stand out?

This post is my January OT outline. COMICS! lOTl January 2016: Waste another year by reading comics.

Dusknoir

Flinstones vol 1
Snotgirl vol 1 ( really gaf? You want to do this?)
Seven to Eternity vol 1 tp ( might wait for hardcover/digital sales, first volume is only 4 issues)
Marvel Gwenpool Selfie Statue: It's a selfie statue, probably passing despite gwenpool
Suicide Squad vol 1 : eh
Batwoman Rebirth #1 - it's going to crossover with batbooks, why bother
Justice League of Trump's America - it'll crossover with a justice league book i don't buy
Wild Storm #1 - I read Karnak, that makes me not want to continue with Ellis pre-orders, might wait for trade.
The Old Guard - Rucka's image book, but i'm not super impressed with Wonder Woman and might not need more Rucka right now.

Any of the Maybes stand out?

This post is my January OT outline. COMICS! lOTl January 2016: Waste another year by reading comics.

Batwoman - The series going to written by Marguerite Bennett who is perfect for character but you can make the point that she's writing too many books at the moment.
I'm really hyped for this book after how good Tec comics is.
Suicide Squad - I heard it's really decent but with the way DC is releasing book. One half main story and one half back up. People started to drop it. Pick up the trade if your interested.
Old Guard - The concept reminds me of Wonder Woman but instead of immortals fighting for justice, they fight wars because its fun or it the only thing they want to do. I'm really enjoying Woman Wonder right and didn't this was up for preorder yet, so thanks for reminding me.

Your not getting Super Sons?

Owzers

Batwoman - The series going to written by Marguerite Bennett who is perfect for character but you can make the point that she's writing too many books at the moment.
Suicide Squad - I heard it's really decent but with the way DC is releasing book. One half main story and one half back up. People started to drop it. Pick up the trade if your interested.
Old Guard - The concept reminds me of Wonder Woman but instead of immortals fighting for justice, they fight wars because its fun or it the only thing they want to do. I'm really enjoying Woman Wonder right and didn't this was up for preorder yet, so thanks for reminding me.

Apparently i just don't like DC books anymore. I haven't tried Superman yet, i am thinking of getting the deluxe hardcover of it in the future, but i didn't like Tomasi's Batman and Robin issues i read before dropping the book a second time. But i'd try that out before Super Sons. I gave Batman three or four issues and Suicide Squad two issues and didn't feel the need to continue either. I view crossovers as entertainment extortion, i'm drifting away from Marvel and DC, though i will resubscribe to MU eventually.

I thought i'd feel like i was missing out more when i didn't pre-order Civil War 2 but i've been enjoying my Image vol 1 trade reading lately and i can catch up on all the silliness on MU eventually, then post here about how i'm wasting my time reading bad Marvel books. Does anyone really think IvX is going to end up on a must-read list, or will it be another book that bridges the gap between what we have now and the next set of books people read and mostly don't care about.

New marvel vs cap on game looks meh. Least guardians 2 looks good though it being a comedy is weird

The tone feels the same as the original, going by the trailer at least.

Still really enjoying Black Widow. I'd say it's probably my favourite Marvel ongoing at the moment. Nat
playing the tour guide was hilarious. Especially when she ends up scaring the crap out of that innocent girl.

TheFlow

Banned
The tone feels the same as the original, going by the trailer at least.

Still really enjoying Black Widow. I'd say it's probably my favourite Marvel ongoing at the moment. Nat
playing the tour guide was hilarious. Especially when she ends up scaring the crap out of that innocent girl.
Yea I know. Just feels weird. More jokes than an iron man movie

Messi

Why? Her work hasn't faltered on any of the books she is working on.

Possibilities:

Hyperx Cloud Stinger - cheapest, supposed to have nice sound and comfort, not a lot of clamping pressure for people with glasses, but that lack of pressure makes them have slightly worse noise isolation and my PS4 rages.The mic isn't detachable and i don't want to have it around since i only need it for overwatch. Mic swivel mutes which is nice, but someone said that lifts the ear cups up a little and is annoying.

hyper cloud pro with inline mic/cloud x: inline controls to mute the mic which is important, what if i sneeze? The other clouds only offer usb dongles for muting/controls.

Steelseries arctic 3: seems good, but less isolation because of less pressure, but also good for glasses.

I'm zero help here, but let me know what you go with and how you like it. I'm in the market for good headphone. The official PlayStation golds rub my wears the wrong way over time. I've been using earbuds...not the same.

Top Bottom