• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Now begins the danger of Greg Land arriving on any of the books I am reading.

Why Marvel won't just outright fire him is beyond me. I'd stopped buying Iron Man, but a friend cannot break the chains so easily and dared me to look at his copy of Iron Man #5 today. THAT FUCKING FACE ON MULTIPLE PAGES.

Hickman doing good on Avengers. Also Stegman is of course killing it on Superior, pity that Slott is just a sloppy troll of a writer these days. Without Stegman its just going to be that sloppy shit I can skip.

I already commented on it, but damn.
Cap was done dirty. Even hit Tony with a "brother," and yet. Now, who will regret that the most?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Cap was done dirty. Even hit Tony with a "brother," and yet. Now, who will regret that the most?

dont take the illuminati at face value. for far thinking intellectuals, they dont think of the concequences of most of their actions. the hulk being one of those.

Avengers:
Cap deserved it. He was acting like a condescending snob. Reed told him what's what. Fuck him. The illuminati doesn't need him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Cap was being a dick. He deserved it, he just assumed Reed was doing this just to do it not even thinking that it was for his family.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Still can't help but feel bad for him. He was sticking to his morals, after all.

That ain't going to save the universe. And who knows, maybe by taking this path they find a way to save everything without ending an entire alternate universe. Besides, Reed knows better than most what messing with other universes is like.

Don't forget new avengers ties in to avengers. Espaxlly this issue has a call back to avengers 1.

Also avengers 5 has a callback as well.

Acid08

Banned
Nice. May call the store and have one in my box. Granted though, wonder how many people are clamoring for Green Arrow but eh, may as well.
I was just there, they had sooooooooo many copies of GA.

Guys, what the fuck is with IDW? This is, I think, the third week in a row it that TMNT has been supposed to come out and it hasn't. Come the fuck on.

Dysun

New Avengers #3 - Probably my favorite book this week, loved
the gems shattering (one missing), and their handling of bitchy whiny Steve

Avengers #5 - Not really feeling this book so far, spotlighting some obscure hero I dont really care about every week.

Superior Spider-Man #3 - The best issue of Superior so far, enjoyed Otto/Vulture

All New X-Men #7 - Things should pick up pretty soon I hope

Green Arrow #17 - New creative team is off to a good start, book had been unreadable since the New 52.

I was just there, they had sooooooooo many copies of GA.

Guys, what the fuck is with IDW? This is, I think, the third week in a row it that TMNT has been supposed to come out and it hasn't. Come the fuck on.

I figured. Called the store anyways and put it in my box.

And weird that they didn't get any IDW stuff. Very odd.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Still can't help but feel bad for him. He was sticking to his morals, after all.

That's his weakness, though. He admited he can only see things in black and white but the Illuminati put him in his place. Cap can keep his nobility, but sometimes the things you love are more important than your the virtue of your soul.

Jeff Parker + Chris Samnee + superman = insta buy

http://go.ign.com/YUpfWu

OcZCIp7.jpg

jon bones

copped Green Arrow but i want to read Year One first... good to see such positive impressions, though

I'm only two pages into Avengers 5 and, wow, how....

BEST
CALLBACK
TO ANY SCENE
EVER
IN COMICS

EVER

Hickman's FF run just keeps getting more rewarding, even after reading it twice and moving in to other works. Shit is amazing.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Does Hickman's Fantastic Four have to be read alongside FF to follow everything. I picked up the first FF trade along with my floppies today.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does Hickman's Fantastic Four have to be read alongside FF to follow everything. I picked up the first FF trade along with my floppies today.

It goes Fantastic Four, then it transitions into FF until Fantastic Four 600 hits. After that you read them along side each other.

jon bones

Fantastic Four reading order:

Dark Reign Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four 570-588
FF 1-11
Fantastic Four 600
FF 12
Fantastic Four 601
FF 13
Fantastic Four 602
FF 14
Fantastic Four 603
FF 15
Fantastic Four 604
FF 16
Fantastic Four 605
FF 17
Fantastic Four 606
FF 18
Fantastic Four 607
FF 19
Fantastic Four 608
etc
etc

congrats, you're about to read the greatest comic book run of all time

ALL TIME

i need to get a hickman FF tattoo when my first son is born

arkon

Some trades have come in! I got:

Rex Mundi omnibus volume 1
BPRD Plague of Frogs Hardcover volume 1
Hellboy Library collection volume 2
Ghostbusters volume 1

Still waiting on Flex Mentallo and some X-Factor and Fables trades.

That'll be it for at least a few months. Probably go for my next batch of trades closer to my birthday. Unless Rex Mundi really takes hold of me, in which case I might grab the soon-to-be-released volume 2 much earlier.

Oh man. :O

OH MAN. :O

Bendis, Hickman, HICKMAN. This week was hands down. A-MAZING. :O

They're doing a digital series for Superman similar to Legends of the Dark Knight. That's one of the covers.
Ooh, nice. If there's one thing DC needs more of it's anthology books that flip the bird to the New52 continuity nightmare and just tell accessible, self-contained stories.

Supes back in his underoos tho. :(
DC can deny it all they like, but those red shorts aren't going anywhere. Ever.

EdmondD

Holy fuck Iron Man is finally getting a new artist!!! How isDavid Eaglesham?

Eaglesham is a good artist. I used to work in the projection booth of a theater. The head projectionist was buddies with Eaglesham. Eaglesham would send him sketches and stuff. I was so envious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom