• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellboy in Hell makes me wish I'd kept up with the series so I had a better understanding of what's going on. As it stands, it's still pretty mindblowing.

JEKKI

nooooooo LCS sold out of Green Arrow :(

o well, I'll try to pick it up from a different store over the weekend.

my lcs is a small store lol, at least I remembered to add uncany xmen to my pull!!

gonna go read the finale to Rotworld now!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Hellboy in Hell makes me wish I'd kept up with the series so I had a better understanding of what's going on. As it stands, it's still pretty mindblowing.

I don't think it matters if you're caught up or not. That was confusing.

Hellboy's unnamed uncle and brothers got killed. Also Hellboy somehow killed Satan between panels. I thought he didn't even enter the room where Satan was the previous issue.

Captain N

Picked up a few books this week.

Superior Spider-Man #3 I really liked this issue and am enjoying where the series seems to be going. It just seems like it can't go on for very long at all. Something has to give. The biggest question I have about this series is
What will happen to Doc Ock when Peter gets his body back? Will Doc Ock go the way of Gwen, and Uncle Ben and never be around again?

Green Arrow #17

Ultimate Comics All-New Spider-Man #20

Venom #31

Monsters, Inc. #1

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up a few books this week.

Superior Spider-Man #3 I really liked this issue and am enjoying where the series seems to be going. It just seems like it can't go on for very long at all. Something has to give. The biggest question I have about this series is
What will happen to Doc Ock when Peter gets his body back? Will Doc Ock go the way of Gwen, and Uncle Ben and never be around again?

His consciousness will merge with Uncle Ben's ghost and together they will inhabit one of the Jackal's blank Gwen Stacy clones.

Superior Spider-Man made me angry as soon as
Peter showed up in issue one. Such a safe move that ruins a good chunk of any risk they could have taken with the series

Still enjoying it somewhat, though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Ah hell, they went and did something that makes me kinda like Scott (All New X-Men spoilers)
Scott and Jean's wedding date is my birthday.
Damn you Bendis!!

Also the new Winter Soldier really sucks, Jesus. What are Brubaker/Guice working on now?

Captain N

Superior Spider-Man made me angry as soon as
Peter showed up in issue one. Such a safe move that ruins a good chunk of any risk they could have taken with the series

Still enjoying it somewhat, though.

I think that
Ghost of Peter is the only way Scott got Marvel to give to go ahead with this story. That way Peter is still in every issue. the focus is now off of Doc Ock as Spider-Man if you ask me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think that
Ghost of Peter is the only way Scott got Marvel to give to go ahead with this story. That way Peter is still in every issue. the focus is now off of Doc Ock as Spider-Man if you ask me.

Pretty much this.
If anything this issue proved Otto can stand alone as a protagonist while this is on going. Ghost of Peter was just Marvel panicking that people wouldn't buy the book and wanting to get ahead of the backlash.

Anyway, finally got around the reading the most recent Injustice digital issue and holy shit has it gotten insane.

I think that

It's too bad that if the reader letters are any indication, this truly interesting take on the series won't be around very long. I have no idea of sales figures, though.

Insufferable Spider-Man #1 was mediocre, i did laugh at the rape face otto gave while on the phone with MJ. Insufferable Spider-Man #2 was even worse with
Ghost Parker on every page complaining. There's a reason why body switching stunts are typically one episode long, they are annoying. This book is annoying.
And lastly, Carlie is a bad detective.

lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's too bad that if the reader letters are any indication, this truly interesting take on the series won't be around very long. I have no idea of sales figures, though.

Pretty sure it's been selling like hotcakes. It's been near the top of digital sales in most areas, dunno about physical though.

Oh snap another issue is out. need to see how superman is holding dat L he got last issue

I wish they made it more than just a videogame tie in, it's a lot better than that. As far as Superman stories go it's better than his current ongoings.

Been a few weeks behind, today I read Avengers #3-5, New Avengers #5, All New X-Men #7 and Punisher: War Zone #4 and every one of them was really good. Marvel is just killing it on the titles I'm pulling. Pumped for Uncanny next week too, if it's as good as All New is I will be very happy.

Was Green Arrow #17 that good? I'm not into Green Arrow, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. I like the color green a bit too.

Need to read Hawkguy #7 and FF #3 tomorrow.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Just read Hawkguy 7. The art is kinda hit or miss, but man, this book is so, so good it reminds me of all the guy and happiness and joy of the comic book medium. It's transcendent shit, this Hawkguy.

Fucking love, love, love this book. I've read all my issues so much the pages are all worn out and jacked up already. For the first time in my life, I want to meet a comic creator who isn't named Lee or Kirby or Ditka and just be like "Yo. The shit you do? It's awesome."

Captain N

Been a few weeks behind, today I read Avengers #3-5, New Avengers #5, All New X-Men #7 and Punisher: War Zone #4 and every one of them was really good. Marvel is just killing it on the titles I'm pulling. Pumped for Uncanny next week too, if it's as good as All New is I will be very happy.

Was Green Arrow #17 that good? I'm not into Green Arrow, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. I like the color green a bit too.

Need to read Hawkguy #7 and FF #3 tomorrow.

I got Green Arrow 17, but haven't read any of the other issues. I haven't read it yet, but was wondering if I should read 0 - 16 before jumping into 17.

frye

I got Green Arrow 17, but haven't read any of the other issues. I haven't read it yet, but was wondering if I should read 0 - 16 before jumping into 17.

Oh god, no.

Lemire has straight up said he's ignoring everything before too. It's a mess.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
HOLY SHIT INJSTICE IS THE BEST JUSTICE LEAGUE COMIC DC has.

thought the art isnt that great

Yea, other than the art it's really great stuff. It seems absolutely wasted on a video game tie-in book.

Everything before 17 is horrible and should be ignored.

Yea, other than the art it's really great stuff. It seems absolutely wasted on a video game tie-in book.

for real, read this book people, the end of issue 4 is Nuts. with a capiatal N.

that last page gave me my new avatar

spoiler

Superman Do, what Batman don't

After reading Batman and Son for the first time, I never want to see Andy Kubert's art ever again.

But after reading the Island of Mister Mayhew, I want to see more of JH Williams III.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
New Green Arrow is great - Sorrentino killing it as usual.

New Avengers is ridiculously good. Loving what Hickman is doing, and so far it's better than his other Avengers book. The art is sumptuous too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
for real, read this book people, the end of issue 4 is Nuts. with a capiatal N.

that last page gave me my new avatar

spoiler

Superman Do, what Batman don't

I love how they turn the roles of Batman and Superman around. Normally it's Superman that believes in the best in people and redemption and now he's ripping Joker's spine out from his body.

Seriously, if you guys aren't reading this you need to be. The fact that this isn't some kind of big alternate universe event or something is a crying shame.

Today's haul:

98E9475C-7DEB-4C9C-A867-DBAF153FDD5A-1050-000000AC928DD45A_zps4d684a9d.jpg

- Green Arrow #17
- New Avengers #3
- Avengers #5
- All-New X-Men #7
- Immortal Iron Fist Vol. 2
- New Avengers #2 (not pictured, digital)

Marathoning IIF (finally!) this Saturday.

Vyer

I think Superior Spidey #3 is the first time I've really enjoyed a Slott book.
pulling ghost Peter away from Doc Spider for a while improved things greatly.

I'm finding New Avengers much more interesting than Avengers.
Marvel heroes sure love to fuck each other over. But yeah, like someone said....that plot device was already covered by DC

All New X-Men is still great.

Joker in the overwhelming majority of his modern interpretations has been super-annoying anyway, so seeing
Superman pull an Invincible on him
was certainly cathartic.

Regarding Winter Soldier, it's one of those series that's on the bubble I think.

Immortal Iron Fist maaaaay be the best Marvel run post Morrison New X-men

It's kinda magical, and the way it pretty much creates an entire kung-fu universe/history is one of the best things about superhero comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom