• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw it but didn't grab it. Can't remember how long it has been.

Over a year, I know that much. Apparently Bendis is claiming current events at the time made he and Maleev feel a bit too awkward about carrying on with it. What with Occupy Wall Street, the revolution in Egypt and all that.

Any maybe Powers Bureau will be out next week! Brilliant issue five, someday, maybe soon.

Yeah, my comic guy said Diamond charged him for it already, so it should actually be out next week. o_O

Acid08

Banned
Superior Spidey #3

What a fucking great issue. I wish Stegman was drawing this exclusively. It's just so fucking beautiful. Letters section was hilarious. Dude's writing essays about how Slott has single-handedly destroyed comics books.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Immortal Iron Fist maaaaay be the best Marvel run post Morrison New X-men

It's kinda magical, and the way it pretty much creates an entire kung-fu universe/history is one of the best things about superhero comics.

It's a shame Iron Fist couldn't capitalize on that momentum. In Avengers he was just kinda there, getting the White Ranger outfit and Defenders had flashes of IIF but also wasn't quite what it could have been for the character.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You guys were NOT kidding about Injustice. Holy shit lol.

It's a shame Iron Fist couldn't capitalize on that momentum. In Avengers he was just kinda there, getting the White Ranger outfit and Defenders had flashes of IIF but also wasn't quite what it could have been for the character.

I wish they would release an omnibus for that series. It's one of my favorites.

Superior Spidey #3

What a fucking great issue. I wish Stegman was drawing this exclusively. It's just so fucking beautiful. Letters section was hilarious. Dude's writing essays about how Slott has single-handedly destroyed comics books.

Fuck yes, I am sold on superior spidey. The batman part was great.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
yes another one.

changed my avatar because of it

I can only imagine where this shit will go from here...

You guys don't even get it. I'm still legit lol'ing irl. Shit was amazing. Next level. I wish there were more, no, you know what, fuck that shit, I wish ALL comics were like Injustice. What the fuck have I been doing with my life up to this point?!

Acid08

Banned
Mudman #6

love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it

Dudes, go pick up the trade and issue 6.

Satch

Banned
i just bought all 4 issues of injustice and if it's not good im going to commit an injustice on all of you that have been singing its praises

xoxoxoxox

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OK so i read Green Arrow: Year One and Green Arrow #17... those two are my only experience with the character so i'm a little confused:

is "the island" from 17 the same one from year one?

I wish they would release an omnibus for that series. It's one of my favorites.

they did, it sold out, and now it's like 3 bills used on ebay.

frye

OK so i read Green Arrow: Year One and Green Arrow #17... those two are my only experience with the character so i'm a little confused:

is "the island" from 17 the same one from year one?

I just assumed it was *an* island but not specifically *that* island.

Avengers #1 page, should mean a bit more now...

zlhZmxj.jpg

Grabbed my comics today.

Marvel

Iron Man: God Slayer
lmao at the alien chick throwing up when she saw Tony's face. I love the new armor and AI but the beginning was rather weak. Very excited about Tony's trial though for "Deicide"

Superior Spider Man #3:
Man seeing Doc as a kid made me have heavy feels. Very good issue. I also like how Peter is exploring Doc's memories. Maybe a set up to return to his body?

DC

Young Romance #1
The best one was Aquaman and Mera the lighthouse story with Superman and WW following it up with their crashed date. Batgirl and Nightwing had the worst part of the comic dates. Nightwing's was rather funny though. Didn't care much about Apollo and Midnighter but that one was funny. Batman and Catwoman's first meeting can't top the sex they had in that one issue.

My thoughts on SM and WW, lol innocent Clark and Diana teasing him sexually, it went right over his head. The issue ended with Clark admitting he is falling in love with WW if not already in love which is gonna cause shockwaves lol. I don't think this is a romance issue for some couples as much as a set up for the future arcs upcoming. Case in point being SM/WW with Superman #19 being referenced along with the coming storm and shit. Also its #1 of Young Romance. Wonder if we have to wait a year for the next one? lol

Superman Earth 1 Volume 2: Still have to read it but I gotta wait for Volume 1 to come in from an order. :(

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I had forgotten all about that panel.

Hopefully this means
the Illuminati isn't just going to get away with mind wiping Cap. There's got to be some fallout from that shit, and I want to see it.

Hopefully. They didn't get away with launching hulk into space

ReiGun

I'm gonna read this Injustice shit. The
Superman killing Lois and nuke shit
sounds dumb as hell, but I'll trust y'all on this.

LiQuid!

I'm gonna read this Injustice shit. The
Superman killing Lois and nuke shit
sounds dumb as hell, but I'll trust y'all on this.

You KNOW what you know under that spoiler and yet there's trepidation? Why do you read comics, man?

ReiGun

You KNOW what you know under that spoiler and yet there's trepidation? Why do you read comics, man?

It just seemed a bit...much for my poor sensitive taste. Still, execution is everything, and far be it for me to judge based on some out of context spoilers.

Troll

Banned
So GAF you guys seem to hate Fearless Defenders, right? Then I look on IGN and they throw a 9.0 at it. lol.

It's not terrible. Just disappointing in how generic the whole thing was. I don't care though. I will keep buying to support Misty Knight and Dani Moonstar.

ReiGun

Done. Good thing these 99 cent dealies are quick reads.

Superman taking care of business. Hold dat shit, Batman.

Lol at Green Arrow being the only one to mention how ridiculous it was to call in the entire League for a missing person. Everyone else jumped right on it.

This game has some ugly as fuck designs.

Captain N

On the Arrow TV show Ollie kills a lot of people. Like a lot of them. I think he killed at least 25 or more guys this last episode alone. Does he kill that much in the comics too?

akira28

Yeah Injustice is lame. Sorry. The Joker trick was too predictable, so instead of a reveal, it was like hearing a bad pun. Painful. And that pain leads to anger, fear, blah blah blah Dark Side, so lets all see how Batman gets us out of this, this time.

LiQuid!

Yeah Injustice is lame. Sorry. The Joker trick was too predictable, so instead of a reveal, it was like hearing a bad pun. Painful. And that pain leads to anger, fear, blah blah blah Dark Side, so lets all see how Batman gets us out of this, this time.

^who the fuck is this guy???

akira28

Wait, what?

Notice how she shuts him down, day after day, then the last night, he tries the I'm SpiderMan, trick, taking her webslinging, which traditionally leads to "C'mere Tiger" sexy time, but instead Carlie was there to CB. So he says "I can be with her any time" dot dot dot, and the next morning he's skipping out of the door, whistling, talking about how he can move on without having to obsess over that Mary Jane woman.

and yes, he did literally fap(it was implied)

Notice how she shuts him down, day after day, then the last night, he tries the I'm SpiderMan, trick, taking her webslinging, which traditionally leads to "C'mere Tiger" sexy time, but instead Carlie was there to CB. So he says "I can be with her any time" dot dot dot, and the next morning he's skipping out of the door, whistling, talking about how he can move on without having to obsess over that Mary Jane woman.

and yes, he did literally fap(it was implied)

>:/

wtf

LiQuid!

Not even close. He usually just disables them.

He killed like 2 dudes in Longbow Hunters and that was supposedly a pretty big deal. Best part about Arrow is how he murders motherfuckers by the droves and then he lectures Huntress about killing like 2 dudes. The show is so shitty but in a totally good (but still really bad) way.

akira28

I like how DiDio decided that it was DC's fans that were making it weak, and has created diabolical and ingenuous ways to kill us off.

I only hope they realize that it's our familial bond, our connection and our shared experiences of what happened before, that make us strong. Before it's too late...

Also, realizing the Ho-Yay in the relationship between Bats and Joker is being played up 300%. I don't deny the crystallization of their connection, but I like it without the 'look of love' camp. Take it back to Joker being the embodiment of darkness and chaos, forever testing the limits and being kept in check by the embodiment of light and justice.
Don't listen to him, it's bullshit.

Deny all you like. It's all over the google. I'm not the only one who noticed.

LiQuid!

Deny all you like. It's all over the google. I'm not the only one who noticed.

I would never deny the internet's capability to have the same dumb thought about something but you're collectively reading too much into it. The closest it's implied is Pete saying he wishes Ock would stop "touching his body," but in the panel Ock is in the shower and clearly not touching his dick.

Acid08

Banned
I would never deny the internet's capability to have the same dumb thought about something but you're collectively reading too much into it. The closest it's implied is Pete saying he wishes Ock would stop "touching his body," but in the panel Ock is in the shower and clearly not touching his dick.
Dude, come the fuck on. It's obvious he jerked it. It's not even up for debate and it's fucking hilarious.

akira28

oh man, real laughter. I'm "reading into it" alright. You think they'd be that explicit in a book that they still think is a kid's book? They imply, you infer, and then we're cha-cha-ing.

sca2511

Superior Spidey #3

I agree, Stegman is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom