• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

it seems odd that Hickman would be writing an event based off of Bendis' books, so it's best to wait and see what happens.

Star Wars #1 felt serviceable, i didn't particularly like it though, but no strong feelings either way.

Sam Humphries is setting up an Ultimate Infinity Gauntlet storyline, and is doing a secret project titled Ultimates: Infinity. Crazy theory: perhaps the Ultimate Universe will be a casualty of this event?

The Ultimate characters can come to 616 and we can have 2 teen-Jeans! And then AoA Jean can come over as well. Who needs the real Jean Grey anyways? 3 is better than 1.

Didn't someone in here say they saw a copy in a comic store?
Yeah. There are in shops and Amazon at one point. I ordered one just a few weeks ago. Sucks cuz I like both Stokoe and Mark Andrew Smiths stuff. Some brahs just need to stay out of the business side.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yeah. There are in shops and Amazon at one point. I ordered one just a few weeks ago. Sucks cuz I like both Stokoe and Mark Andrew Smiths stuff. Some brahs just need to stay out of the business side.

Yeah I like both guys, and I really do think they meant well but the problem with Kickstarter / self publishing is that you have to handle every aspect of the process - many of which you probably have 0 experience doing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That Kickstarter was such a mess. Disgraceful.

It's really soured me on Kickstarters that are for actual products. I'll still donate to the occasional cause, but man, I feel like I'm just getting screwed.

Yeah I like both guys, and I really do think they meant well but the problem with Kickstarter / self publishing is that you have to handle every aspect of the process - many of which you probably have 0 experience doing.

I wouldn't include Stokoe in that. Vibe suggests strongly that he was involved on a work-for-hire basis and had nothing to do with the kickstarter. So, not really a "they".

It's really soured me on Kickstarters that are for actual products. I'll still donate to the occasional cause, but man, I feel like I'm just getting screwed.

Why are you getting screwed? That kickstarter felt like it was run well. I mean its not like you're not going to get the book...

Also I'm guessing you weren't part of the ashes kickstarter.

lordmrw

Speaking of which, can't wait for the New Warriors Omnibus.

Yes! SUch a great book from the early 90s. It was definitely Marvel's Teen Titans but I think I was a bigger fan of New Warriors because I was too young to appreciate TT in its prime. Those first 50 issues of New Warriors are just excellent.

Acid08

Banned
Why are you getting screwed? That kickstarter felt like it was run well. I mean its not like you're not going to get the book...

Also I'm guessing you weren't part of the ashes kickstarter.
It's pretty shitty that backers don't have it yet but stores and Amazon do.

Fracavella best cover artist

BCX9TjrCEAAbVP5.jpg

Wool

What is an omnibus, a hard cover with the full run?

Also, I saw on tfaw.com that Uncanny X-Men is starting this month and it says it's the "flagship" of all the X-Men series. Do you guys expect it to be good? Jon Bones sent me an extensive list of older X-Men titles to check out, but if I was going to subscribe to one currently ongoing X-Men should this be the one?

Also, I saw on tfaw.com that Uncanny X-Men is starting this month and it says it's the "flagship" of all the X-Men series. Do you guys expect it to be good? Jon Bones sent me an extensive list of older X-Men titles to check out, but if I was going to subscribe to one currently ongoing X-Men should this be the one?

It's really up in the air whether or not it will be good. The writer, Brian Bendis, is known for being VERY hit or miss. He's done well so far on his other X-Men book, All New X-Men. I think most people here will be picking it up and it's definitely the flagship book.

bronson

What's the rules on posting scans of sheets of DC Comics valentines? Cause you guys gotta see Jonah Hex shooting hearts out his guns

arkon

Not always. They usually are hardcovers with a really high page count. In some cases that's enough to cover a creative team's full run on a title. In others, that run might be split over a few volumes.

tim1138

I cannot get over how disappointing the Rot World crossover ended up or how terrible the art in Swamp Thing is this month. Good lord.

Owzers

Insufferable Spider-Man #1 was mediocre, i did laugh at the rape face otto gave while on the phone with MJ. Insufferable Spider-Man #2 was even worse with
Ghost Parker on every page complaining. There's a reason why body switching stunts are typically one episode long, they are annoying. This book is annoying.
And lastly, Carlie is a bad detective.

tim1138

Green Arrow was solid, as expected the art is outstanding and Lemire acknowledged and then pretty much wiped out everything that happened in the previous 16 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom