• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
What are the quintessential and essential Black Panther stories to read? I've always loved his character in Avengers, but never read his own stories.

Black Panther: See Wakanda and Die

(issues 39 - 41 by Jason Aaron)

panthergreatest6.jpg

I never noticed it either - nice catch.
I'm assuming its not a coloring error, so my theory is that someone uses the Time Gem at some point to steal them away and replace them with flawed duplicates right after they are used.

yep, maybe it was Cap himself.

shit's gonna go OFF.

Owzers

There is no society where Batman and Joker's ideology can both exist at the same time in a continual cycle, it's part of what annoys me in comics, intellectual properties dominating any type of belief in the world that is created.

Owzers

RE: New Avengers
he went to an alternate earth. its explained more in issue 2 but the gist is that 2 dimensions cross paths and that only one can survive. so the planet that blew up was an alternate earth.

New Avengers #2 is just going over my head, even though Hickman tried to explain it, i feel like he did a poor job and i'm really not that dumb.
If Black Panther stepped through a portal and witnessed Black Swan blowing up her home planet to save an alternate earth, why does Reed say it was "our earth" she saved? Are these incursion events happening several times to the same earth that they would need a warning system?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

it appears the opening arc to the greatest comic book story of all time is out of print and unavailable digitally. i will not stand for this.

GAF: PM me if you want it.

New Avengers #2 is just going over my head, even though Hickman tried to explain it, i feel like he did a poor job and i'm really not that dumb.
If Black Panther stepped through a portal and witnessed Black Swan blowing up her home planet to save an alternate earth, why does Reed say it was "our earth" she saved? Are these incursion events happening several times to the same earth that they would need a warning system?

Because the "alternate earth" she saved by blowing up her home planet was our earth. In doing this, she saved BOTH of our universes, hers and ours. Your not dumb, Hickman's stories are crazy confusing until they aren't.

Acid08

Banned
New Avengers #1 went over my head a little:
when black panther went through that portal thing, where did he go and what planet was blown up?

Also, bleedingcool spoiled Injustice on the front page since they are jerks. You don't put a spoiler in the title of an article and then put (spoilers) after it. THE TITLE IS A SPOILER, I THINK I FIGURED OUT THAT THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.

Hey man, I have a solution for you. Never go to Bleeding Cool ever, ever again.

Winter Solider, that's a great book right there. I encourage anyone who ver had any interest in the character to pick it up. Great Vibe and creativity too it. Hawkeye hipsters will like it.

Owzers

Demon Knights #16 was off to a promisingly start if not overly brutal.
DC really hates horses and likes torturing people

Hi Comics GAF friends,

Can we talk about Green Arrow please?

I love the artist and like Lemire on Frankenstein and Animal Man (pre Rot-World), but I don't know if I can get into the character...

Is it doing anything different to make Olly more interesting?

SoilBreak

Banned
more recommendations lol

Green Arrow: Year One
Green Lantern/Green Arrow Collection
Longbow Hunters
Green Arrow Vol.2 #1-80 (Mike Grell)
Green Arrow Vol.3 #1-21

Is it doing anything different to make Olly more interesting?

not sure

Lemire said he really wants to make Olly to a crime-noir street-level hero.

frye

DC continues poaching Image for talent, I guess. Leading me to my next question : who the fuck is Ales Kot and is he any good? I wouldn't want him to ruin (SHUT UP) my precious Suicide Squad. (WHICH I LIKE A LOT OKAY DON'T JUDGE ME IT'S GOOD SHUT UP)

He did Wild Children which people either dug/hated because it was an Invisibles/Kill Your Boyfriend/Riot At Xavier's/that warren ellis school shooting hellblazer comic riff/ripoff???. I dunno, I didn't read it. He's doing Change w/ Morgan Jeske right now which I am enjoying. A few of the guys over at the Mindless Ones like him a lot.

also suicide squad is bad (like ALL DC COMIX heh heh heh)

e: please note i have also not read the new suicide comic

so i read the second Justice league trade and Ollie talks about the island in that, saying how he did not need aquamans help.

is this island appered in the new 52 yet or some thing that will be explained.

Owzers

So is Unwritten any good?

loved the first two trades, worth checking out.

Regarding Suicide Squad and Green Arrow, DC was supposed to make these books interesting when they launched, not at the 18th issue Xo. I know it's weird but we are deep into the new 52 now and i would have given Lemire's Green Arrow a chance when i was excited for DC stuff, but now after reading a lot of it and slowly dropping half, i don't care enough to pick it up and would rather wait on reviews and see what the next 10 years bring before picking up the first trade when it releases.

Winter Solider, that's a great book right there. I encourage anyone who ver had any interest in the character to pick it up. Great Vibe and creativity too it. Hawkeye hipsters will like it.

Seconded. If you want to support the Hickman/Fracto/Remendoze Marvelssaince, this book (and Latour and Klein) is from the same cloth.

Onemic

Really obscure, but it's personally one of my favorite books. And the hardcovers Image puts out are nothing short of beautiful.

This. It took me a little while to really get into it, but once you do, you're in for good.

There are hardcovers? looking on Amazon the only hardcover available is for volume 0, which I assume I shouldn't start out with.

Really obscure, but it's personally one of my favorite books. And the hardcovers Image puts out are nothing short of beautiful.

This. It took me a little while to really get into it, but once you do, you're in for good.

Yeah, every time I loan out unwritten to a new person, they aren't sold on it immediately, then gradually approach the point of "GIVE ME THE NEXT VOLUME NOW OR I WILL STAB YOU AND TAKE IT."

DC continues poaching Image for talent, I guess. Leading me to my next question : who the fuck is Ales Kot and is he any good? I wouldn't want him to ruin (SHUT UP) my precious Suicide Squad. (WHICH I LIKE A LOT OKAY DON'T JUDGE ME IT'S GOOD SHUT UP)

He's pretty out there. Definitely heavily influenced by Morrison.

Change + Wild Children are good reads (change still has 2 issues left though).

Hes a young/hungry writer and he's in the spotlight right now as a result of his image work.

This is hard for me to jump onto.
Especially with Black Widow no longer in the picture
. Did you read Brubakers run?

ElNarez

Banned
He's pretty out there. Definitely heavily influenced by Morrison.

Change + Wild Children are good reads (change still has 2 issues left though).

Hes a young/hungry writer and he's in the spotlight right now as a result of his image work.

Dropped ten buckaroos on everything of his they had on Comixology. Just got done with Wild Children, and yeah, pop-art teenage ultraviolence with a tinge of metatextual and an ax to grind is probably what I want from a Suicide Squad comic. Consider my worries ALLEVIATED.

Acid08

Banned
Never read their run. This is the first issue after Brubes and G left. I'd say it's worth a $3 gamble. I'm sure there's a preview somewhere just to give you a sweet sweet taste.
I actually read the first Bru trade a few days ago and it was magnificent. Give it a read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom