• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Mark your calendars folks, this book is great!

27053-vinland-saga-manga.jpg

I have been waiting for this forever. Love the treatment it's getting too. Can't wait.

On another note, feel for the guys that lost books they were reading with the new spate of DC cancellations. For me it's a massive sigh of relief. Dial H is still going and that is something to be thankful for. It's been fucking brilliant. Hope Mieville gets to tell the story he wants all the way through to its conclusion.

I also hope there's more interesting books coming. Ever since that first wave of new books when we got Dial H and Earth 2, I've not really been too excited by any of the new books they've announced.

I feel Thor: God of Thunder is the best book Marvel is publishing right now. The art is beautiful.

Here, here. It truly is in a league of it's own. I hope it can maintain this quality for the foreseeable future and does not suffer with Marvel's always constant events and tie-ins.

Here, here. It truly is in a league of it's own. I hope it can maintain this quality for the foreseeable future and does not suffer with Marvel's always constant events and tie-ins.

The last page in the recent issue truly surprised me-I didn't see it coming and yet, it seems now like it was obviously coming to that point.

I have to say, Marvel Now is really impressing me-I think it's paying off better than new 52 did, ultimately. Could be too son to tell though-but with Thor, Captain America, All New X-Men, Avengers and New Avengers-they're putting out a roster of books to be proud of.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The last page in the recent issue truly surprised me-I didn't see it coming and yet, it seems now like it was obviously coming to that point.

I have to say, Marvel Now is really impressing me-I think it's paying off better than new 52 did, ultimately. Could be too son to tell though-but with Thor, Captain America, All New X-Men, Avengers and New Avengers-they're putting out a roster of books to be proud of.

Missing one, bro

Troll

Banned
That is because you're the best Troll on the internet.

Well, yeah.

Latest DC cancellations.

• The Savage Hawkman
  • The Fury of Firestorm
  • Sword of Sorcery
  • Team 7
  • Deathstroke
  • The Ravagers

No huge surprises here since the SoS writer is moving to Birds of Prey. Sort of thought they might keep that around a little longer.

...writer of Team 7 and Deathstroke, Justin Jordan, will be taking over Superboy from Tom DeFalco. Ravagers scribe Michael Alan Nelson will be taking over Supergirl from current writer Mike Johnson. And, as previously revealed, Sword of Sorcery writery Christy Marx is moving on to Birds of Prey. Additional changes include Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti taking over Batwing and Francis Portela taking over art duties on Legion of Super-heroes.

Owzers

Young Avengers #1 was indeed amazing, this is the opposite of Children's Crusade. Sure, they both share some man kissing, but Children's Crusade was slow and whiny whereas Young Avengers is fast moving with a couple double page spreads of amazing artwork/story panels. It felt like so much was achieved in just one single issue, definitely a must buy.
i'm going to assume kate didn't know noh-varr's name because it's noh-varr

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, but it was never really what I would call "bad", either.

True but it should be much better than it has been. It's had a lot of strong issues (there's a lot of quality stories in there), just nothing great. I sort of feel like while they had a decent writer on it, they never had the right writer on it. Know what I mean? This is coming from a fan of the character, there's a lot of potential there just unrealized.

frye

Red Robin with Cass Cain and Stephanie Brown as support characters. Howard Mackie and Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth.

B E L I E V E

Green Arrow was an interesting start. I'm not a huge fan of the art. It's like it tries to be kinetic, but ends up a jarring experience.

Blader

Young Avengers #1 was indeed amazing, this is the opposite of Children's Crusade. Sure, they both share some man kissing, but Children's Crusade was slow and whiny whereas Young Avengers is fast moving with a couple double page spreads of amazing artwork/story panels.

And also whiny.

Lobdell is going to write Red Robin. I guarantee it.

Here are the two new books replacing DCU and I Vampire in May.
huffingtonpost.com/bryan-young/exclusive-dc-comics-revea_b_2641445.html

What the fuck is this shit?

Acid08

Banned
Pouring one out for Amethyst. It's going to go up to issue 9 or so?

Maybe now Supergirl will actually be worth reading with a new writer. Palmiotti and Gray were cool on Power Girl, might give Batwing a shot after they take over.

Mudman is an ongoing, yes?

In the loosest sense of the word. Five months in between issues give and six, next one doesn't have a release date yet. Six was so good though, knew after finishing that trade that the next issue was when things would pop off a little more.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Ah hell. Well here's hoping you're wrong.

EDIT: Those two new books sound dumb. Goddamn it DC...

EDIT2: I'll bet anyone it gets canned before even coming out.

Onemic

My comic wishlist has grown too damn big, I'll probably never be able to buy em all

And I just finished reading Uncanny X-force: Apocalypse Solution. Dat ending. Dat book. I want more.

Acid08

Banned

tumblr_mh50repyEl1r3yxp8o1_500.gif

It'll be okay if you just abandon any affection for DC trash.

ReiGun

I loved Young Avengers, but Hulkling and Wiccan did come across as annoying fuckwits. And I say that having no prior experience with the characters. But hey, teenagers in general are annoying fuck wits, so it shakes out.

Swamp Thing and Animal Man are good, but I have no earthly desire to read either one once Rotworld ends. Story has worn me the fuck out.

Lolwut? That was...unexpected.

Those books sound really dumb.

also Baltazar and Franco doing something "serious "should be intresting since its out of thier whellhouse

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I don't even have words for this...

Kamek

Kamek. He took a sharpie into the shop and started going to work.

Yeah, I went in today after work to pick up TMNT and the Hyrule Historia book and I saw a whole bunch of them. I'm guessing there was a signing yesterday or something?

Owzers

Those dc announcements would be more interesting if they were themes implemented into an actual book and not weirdly promoted as just failed political movement tagline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom