• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I wish Wonder Con was back up here this year, would have been in line all damn day for Ottley and Stegman sketches if they were there.

Fuck southern California whining to get a another con because SDCC isn't already right fucking there.

Kamek

Pick one up for me and I'll pay you if get it to me.

Probably won't go back til Sat at earliest but more likely next Weds and they will probably be gone by then :( I'm not sure if I'll be working Saturday with the blizzard and all. If I make it out there I'll pick up an extra for you. There was a 1 limit per customer but I'm sure it'll be okay.

Troll

Banned
Probably won't go back til Sat at earliest but more likely next Weds and they will probably be gone by then :( I'm not sure if I'll be working Saturday with the blizzard and all. If I make it out there I'll pick up an extra for you. There was a 1 limit per customer but I'm sure it'll be okay.

Ahh alright. No worries, I just thought I would ask.

kswiston

I'm a bit LTTP with this conversation, but this thread added three pages of posts since I checked last night.

New Avengers Infinity Gems (w/ issue 3 spoilers):

The Mind Gem shows up at three different colours during the course of New Avengers #3. At the start of the book, when beast receives the gem from Xavier's safe, it is blue which is the correct color. In the second scene, just before the Illuminati put together the gauntlet, it is coloured red (which is the colour of the power gem). Finally, when the gems shatter, it is coloured green (which is the colour of the soul gem). None of the gems are coloured correctly in that second scene. The only gem that is coloured correctly in the final scene is the time gem which disappeared.

The same colourist worked on issues 2 and 3, and all of the gems are the correct colour in #2. Either he forgot their colours the following month, or it is intentional.

I'm a bit LTTP with this conversation, but this thread added three pages of posts since I checked last night.

New Avengers Infinity Gems (w/ issue 3 spoilers):

The Mind Gem shows up at three different colours during the course of New Avengers #3. At the start of the book, when beast receives the gem from Xavier's safe, it is blue which is the correct color. In the second scene, just before the Illuminati put together the gauntlet, it is coloured red (which is the colour of the power gem). Finally, when the gems shatter, it is coloured green (which is the colour of the soul gem). None of the gems are coloured correctly in that second scene. The only gem that is coloured correctly in the final scene is the time gem which disappeared.

The same colourist worked on issues 2 and 3, and all of the gems are the correct colour in #2. Either he forgot their colours the following month, or it is intentional.

According to Hickman's formspring, they just fucked up.

akira28

Lobdell is going to write Red Robin. I guarantee it.

Here are the two new books replacing DCU and I Vampire in May.
huffingtonpost.com/bryan-young/exclusive-dc-comics-revea_b_2641445.html

What the fuck is this shit?

I guess that explains why I read Bruce Wayne whining about being rich an unappreciated, that was an idea I had never once seen in a DC comic. Their characters have always been super rich super heroes but they never acted like it was some kind of cross to bear.

Green Team is actually a (presumably very loose) revamp of a very obscure 70s DC title, only one issue of which was ever published.

QSS9tgC.jpg

They also made cameos in a couple of the Ambush Bug minis:

qcxNd3X.jpg

and in Morrison's Animal Man:

Huh, so the Tiny Titans guys doing this actually makes sense, I guess.

But why the hell frame it as a 1% vs 99% thing? That's dumb as fuck.

Based on the interviews, that's a stupid promotional stunt that's really only relevant to Simone's book.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What are the quintessential and essential Black Panther stories to read? I've always loved his character in Avengers, but never read his own stories.

I know I am late on this but add flags of our fathers mini series. Basically itsncaptain America and Black panther killing Nazi's. Its pretty good.

FoneBone

THE GREEN TEAM #1
Written by ART BALTAZAR and FRANCO
Art by IG GUARA
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
1:25 Variant cover by CLIFF CHIANG
On sale MAY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.
INVENTORS! EXPLORERS! ADVENTURERS! Do you need money to finance an important project? Then you should set up a meeting with THE GREEN TEAM!
• Nature of world-changing idea:
• Amount requested:
• Does your project have the potential to:
Fracture space-time?
Replace the combustion engine?
Attract extraterrestrial attention?
Prove/disprove existence of deities?
Piss off The Justice League?
Render the human body obsolete?
If any of the above are checked, please fill out liability release form GT2013-05. Send any 82 drawings, plans, models, or photos with request.
Yeah, this probably goes on my "buy" list.

ElNarez

Banned
And for as much as I think Gail Simone is overrated, The Movement sounds super exciting, in a zeitgeisty way. Save for the cancellation of Sword of Sorcery, this round of news is on fucking fire. These are Fun and Exciting times.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20084/marvel_prose_expands_with_avengers_and_x-men

Hyperion Books and Marvel Entertainment today announced plans to partner and publish two action-packed novels featuring popular Marvel super heroes. Scheduled for release in June, both novels showcase strong, smart heroines seeking happiness and love while battling cosmic evil.

The announcement was made by Hyperion’s Editor-in-Chief Elisabeth Dyssegaard. Of the deal, Dyssegaard says, “Marvel has had tremendous success with recent hit movies and we think it’s a great time to explore what happens to super heroines when they are dropped into traditional women’s novels.”

uNhfTis.jpg
CyEzb4L.jpg
Also... interesting. :|

kswiston

Injustice was decent, but it just reads like an old Elseworlds or What if? title. When you don't have to worry about continuity or franchise longevity, doing crazy things is easy. Also, aspects of the scenario remind me of a mash-up of Kingdom Come, The Dark Knight, and Red Son.

This seems like one of those projects that is clearly intended to capture a young female readership, but will primarily be read by 25-45 year old men.

Injustice was decent, but it just reads like an old Elseworlds or What if? title. When you don't have to worry about continuity or franchise longevity, doing crazy things is easy. Also, aspects of the scenario remind me of a mash-up of Kingdom Come, The Dark Knight, and Red Son.

My thoughts on the Injustice series so far.

Injustice imo is just a lame excuse to have Batman beat Superman and give him the 9 yards about why he shouldn't go bad blah blah blah. Which is why most fighting game stories are crap.

Sure the shock value was good and seeing Supes run his hand through Joker was great and the plot works out as Supes lost everything thanks to the mad clown. But its hard to take it seriously when you know at the end of the series someone will stop him and make him realize that he is a good guy excluding the possibility of a bad ending. Like this turn from hero to dictator isn't legit so to say.

Taylor makes Superman go through a painful loss and uses that to turn him into a killer. Its a change of character for the sake of the story. Superman didn't naturally turn into a dictator. They had to make him lose something to turn him into one. Thats one of the things I dislike about Injustice. I'll might change my mind as more issues come out and more of the story is freshed out, maybe Taylor will surprise me and convince me that the story is good.

ElNarez

Banned
And which way is that?

The one that kills off Peter Parker only to have a stupid fucking story that pewters out in nine fucking issues. If you're gonna go for something like that, make it last. Or at least, make it mean something. Hickman and Morrison got it right. It's not like it cannot be done. It's just that doing it like this with that kind of payoff fucking blows.

The one that kills off Peter Parker only to have a stupid fucking story that pewters out in nine fucking issues. If you're gonna go for something like that, make it last. Or at least, make it mean something. Hickman and Morrison got it right. It's not like it cannot be done. It's just that doing it like this with that kind of payoff fucking blows.

lol you meant to say "peters" out but you just couldn't make the pun, could you

anyway, solicit sez there's "no" spider man after this so, uh, yeah, MIGHT WANNA REVISE THAT 'NINE' BUDDY LOFL

ElNarez

Banned
lol you meant to say "peters" out but you just couldn't make the pun, could you

I LIKE TO THINK I AM BETTER THAN THIS OKAY (i'm probably not and PUNS ARE HARD WHEN ENGLISH IS YOUR SECOND LANGUAGE)

I've already won one bet on this stupid-ass storyline. I'm up for another : Peter Parker will not be Spider-Man again. Somebody take me up on this. I'm game for whatevs.

Can I rant about Superior Spider-man? You know what bugs me most about it? It's that it's so obvious. I don't mean the thing actually happening itself. I mean everything that happened afterwards. As soon as Ock became Peter Parker it was just so obvious what they were going to do. Oh he's going to fuck with MJ, oh he is going to be harder on criminals and possibly kill, oh he's going to do this and that. It's like I've instantly mapped out all possibilities in my head, and now I'm just waiting for the book to go through the motions and get this story over with already.

Maybe it'll find a way to surprise me though, and maybe the ending will have real consequences other than Ock being dead for good. Guess we'll see.

Nope, still Levitz, Maguire, and Borges.
*shrug*

About Superior Spider-Man, I remember some speculation going on after the first issue that this storyline was coming... that either there'd be a fight for control of the body that Peter's ghost would lose, OR that Peter's ghost would decide Otto was doing a good enough job as Spider-Man that he could move on to the afterlife.

Or maybe Peter's ghost is going to go inhabit someone else's body... say, did we ever find out anything about 616 Miles Morales?

CBR has the May Justice League group solicits. I'd link but I'm on my phone.

I can find it. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Awesome! Her old look is just so iconic for me that I'm pleased to see it return. I understood what they were trying for with the new one but it just didn't work out. And damn that is a sexy looking cover.

DC May Solicits

Help me out here, Marvel Comic-GAF.

in the secret avengers book it states Daisy Johnson (aka Quake) is the current director of SHIELD,

I thought Obama gave Cap the reigns after SHIELD reactivated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom