• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Maybe it'll find a way to surprise me though, and maybe the ending will have real consequences other than Ock being dead for good. Guess we'll see.

Your post reminded me that someone asked about Doc Ock dying in the 90s a few pages back, and I don't think I read an answer afterwards.

I'm pretty sure that Doc Ock was resurrected by the Hand in the 90s for some stupid reason or another. There was a female Doc Ock during that period, and I remember them sacrificing her to provide the life force necessary to bring him back. I don't remember why a group of Japanese ninjas felt that it was important to have Octavius alive, but all resurrections were pretty cheesy in the 90s.

EDIT: Or maybe they sacrificed someone else. Female Doc Ock was in the story though.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Oh wow, the Superior haters are still at it? Making me laugh! Too bad the book's been amazing, you guys don't really have a leg to stand on.

Blader

The one that kills off Peter Parker only to have a stupid fucking story that pewters out in nine fucking issues. If you're gonna go for something like that, make it last. Or at least, make it mean something. Hickman and Morrison got it right. It's not like it cannot be done. It's just that doing it like this with that kind of payoff fucking blows.

That already happened. I'm asking, what is the stupidest way that Slott is picking now? That was your point wasn't it? What new information did you get from those solicits that no one else has?

Can I rant about Superior Spider-man? You know what bugs me most about it? It's that it's so obvious. I don't mean the thing actually happening itself. I mean everything that happened afterwards. As soon as Ock became Peter Parker it was just so obvious what they were going to do. Oh he's going to fuck with MJ, oh he is going to be harder on criminals and possibly kill, oh he's going to do this and that. It's like I've instantly mapped out all possibilities in my head, and now I'm just waiting for the book to go through the motions and get this story over with already.

"He's going to do this and that", what a bold prediction!

He hasn't fucked MJ, either. Just the opposite, she keeps shutting him down.

Is anyone reading FF? Is it any good? I thought it looked interesting, and was planning to pick up the first trade paperback when it was released, but I found out earlier that the first volume has issues 4-8, and I'd have to get the first Fantastic Four volume as well to get the first three issues. Worth it?

Owzers

Even though i disliked Superior Spidey 1 and 2 i'm itching to request 3-6 be added to my dcbs order....i'm sure i can sell them on ebay if i dislike them.......

Dysun

About those Batman solits, DOTF speculation
Red Hood being featured on Batman and Robin?? Say it aint so...Damian!!!!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Even though i disliked Superior Spidey 1 and 2 i'm itching to request 3-6 be added to my dcbs order....i'm sure i can sell them on ebay if i dislike them.......

#3 is Ock centered, ghost Pete only plays a small role. Honestly if nothing else it proves Marvel should have had more faith in the idea, Ock can carry his own book.

Also the solicit for #9 made me laugh. No matter how it turns out watching the reaction will be fun.

About those Batman solits, DOTF speculation
Red Hood being featured on Batman and Robin?? Say it aint so...Damian!!!!

Don't do it Snyder! Please!

tim1138

#3 is Ock centered, ghost Pete only plays a small role. Honestly if nothing else it proves Marvel should have had more faith in the idea, Ock can carry his own book.

Also the solicit for #9 made me laugh. No matter how it turns out watching the reaction will be fun.

If it happens it will more than likely be in Inc and not the main book.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

The solicitation references the events in Batman Inc... are Snyder and Morrison going to somehow do the same thing?

tim1138

Inc has nothing to do with DotF, which means nothing is going to happen of note in it, unfortunately. As far as stakes go.

And thank god for that, but despite what people think it is part of the N52. So if
Damian is killed by Heretic
in Inc, it affects the whole line.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The solicitation references the events in Batman Inc... are Snyder and Morrison going to somehow do the same thing?

Maybe, god knows Morrison would be pissed if he was planning on doing and Snyder did it first. Maybe it'll happen in both books.

Remender posted a pic on Twitter of the Apocalypse Twins from the upcoming Uncanny Avengers arc http://i.imgur.com/flTOsuT.jpg

okIAQ.gif
okIAQ.gif
okIAQ.gif
okIAQ.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oooh, Snyder's The Wake is debuting in May!

THE WAKE #1
Written by SCOTT SNYDER
Art and cover by SEAN MURPHY
1:25 Variant cover by ADAM KUBERT
On sale MAY 1 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 10, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS
"THERE'S SOMETHING DOWN THERE..."
When Marine Biologist Lee Archer is approached by the Department of Homeland Security for help with a new threat, she declines, but quickly realizes they won't take no for an answer. Soon she is plunging to the depths of the Arctic Circle to a secret, underwater oilrig where they've discovered something miraculous and terrifying...
Writer Scott Snyder (BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE) and artist Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS) bring their acclaimed talents to this sci-fi/horror epic that explores the horrors of the deep, probes the origins of human history, and leaps far beyond to a frightening future.

Comic Vine.

-edit-

I've been able to find all the solicits but the one I want, the GL group. I hate when they release them like this.

Google search doesn't find anything for GL solicitations. DC might be holding them back.

That already happened. I'm asking, what is the stupidest way that Slott is picking now? That was your point wasn't it? What new information did you get from those solicits that no one else has?

"He's going to do this and that", what a bold prediction!

He hasn't fucked MJ, either. Just the opposite, she keeps shutting him down.
I said FUCK WITH MJ NOT FUCK MJ WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO READ OK?

And yes this and that is just a way of saying etcetera. Do I actually have to list things? Take everything Peter Parker probably wouldn't do, and there you go, that's the list. And for the most part it is exactly what has happened. There's nothing bold or exciting here.

To the superior fans: Tell me what's so compelling about this story that is making the elaborate event it has become worthwhile? If it just ends with oh peter has his body back then good lawwwwd it will be even worse in hindsight than it already seems now. There's a lot of pussyfooting. It's a cool premise with very obvious implications. If you're going to do something surprising THEN FUCKING DO SOMETHING SURPRISING.

I said FUCK WITH MJ NOT FUCK MJ WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO READ OK?

And yes this and that is just a way of saying etcetera. Do I actually have to list things? Take everything Peter Parker probably wouldn't do, and there you go, that's the list. And for the most part it is exactly what has happened. There's nothing bold or exciting here.

To the superior fans: Tell me what's so compelling about this story that is making the elaborate event it has become worthwhile?

Carlie
Fucking
Cooper

Full stop.

Viewt

Did you guys see that sketch that Jerome Opeña drew for Rick Remender's birthday?

You probably couldn't get away with doing prints of this legally, so it's likely to stay one-of-a-kind. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom