• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"My dad always used to tell me stories about the ocean. There was one in particular about..."

Haha. Probably. But I'm still there. It's mostly only a problem because Snyder uses that structure so much, but it's not inherently bad.

Wool

Nowhere Men #1-3 prices on eBay are ridiculous. I think I'm going to get #4 and hope I'm not completely lost.

ElNarez

Banned
Nowhere Men #1-3 prices on eBay are ridiculous. I think I'm going to get #4 and hope I'm not completely lost.

You will be. There's a shitton in those first three issues. Science Beatles, the International Space Station, corporate drama, super-powers, hidden agendas, mysteries, people stranded in the Arctic Circle, and so much more.

bleh I didn't even know it came from there I just saw he wasn't on an issue and remembered seeing something here. I'm trying to get my DC floppys down to just Nightwing and Supergirl anyway.

ReiGun

bleh I didn't even know it came from there I just saw he wasn't on an issue and remembered seeing something here. I'm trying to get my DC floppys down to just Nightwing and Supergirl anyway.

How is Nightwing? I kinda dropped out around issue 3, I think, and was looking to get back into it.

X-Men #2 variant cover. You guys don't know how hyped I am for this team. These girls might be my 6 favourite characters ever. But can someone give Kitty Pryde a new costume?

XMEN2013002_VAR_COV.jpg

Finished up reading Avengers #5, NA #2-3 and AXM #7 last night on my ipad.

Definitely loved the nod to Avengers #1 in NA #3, was good stuff and am glad to have NA on my pull list as I love what they're doing with it and how much it goes hand in hand with Avengers.

AXM #7...
I'm over Scott and Jean, frankly been over them as a couple for the longest time, but yeah... the issue was great regarding that piece of their history. The damn wedding invitation was like a punch in the gut... Jesus. And young Cyclops definitely hit home why I like the character so much, he's a good kid. Also Mystique was great and strangely, even if she was lying when speaking with Scott, I liked her dialogue most of all. Great issue and Bendis is hitting all the spots with it.

Skimmed GA #17 on Wednesday, but I'll go back and read it proper tonight. I did like what I skimmed so potential pull for me. Though knowing DC, it may end up canceled lol.

And God help me, I'm mildly interested in Secret Avengers after reading the preview... I may give it a chance but ugh... I don't need another book.

Owzers

I soured on Justice League/Aquaman crossover.
It seems a little generic for me, i don't like the misunderstandings + heros hitting each other while talking about why they shouldn't be hitting each other.

Acid08

Banned
It seems a little generic for me, i don't like the misunderstandings + heros hitting each other while talking about why they shouldn't be hitting each other.
Yeah, it all escalates rather weirdly. Still solid imo. The whole part where they're telling Aquamang he had one chance, give him two seconds to talk and then YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE LETS PUNCH STUFF.

ReiGun

I like the event, but I do agree
that little point felt unnecessary, and kind of forced. Aquaman just starts hitting everyone, shouting "Everyone chill! Everyone just fucking chill!" Asking people not to fight while he's the main one fighting.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Who gives a fuck? It happened with those 2 artists, so it's all good. That xover had the best DC splash pages since the New 52 started.

Satch

Banned
Who gives a fuck? It happened with those 2 artists, so it's all good. That xover had the best DC splash pages since the New 52 started.

you shut your whore mouth

the best DC splash pages are in Batwoman

speaking of whores does anybody know when Situation #2 is out

tim1138

Yeah, it all escalates rather weirdly. Still solid imo. The whole part where they're telling Aquamang he had one chance, give him two seconds to talk and then YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE LETS PUNCH STUFF.

That was such a great moment of superdickery, I loved it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
you shut your whore mouth

the best DC splash pages are in Batwoman

speaking of whores does anybody know when Situation #2 is out

Bah, whatever. I don't even consider JHWIII's shit splash pages anymore. They're just remarkably laid out story pages. Orm declaring war with an army of Atlanteans emerging from the water at his heels is a motherfucking SPLASH PAGE. Literally!

LiQuid!

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

tim1138

Bah, whatever. I don't even consider JHWIII's shit splash pages anymore. They're just remarkably laid out story pages. Orm declaring war with an army of Atlanteans emerging from the water at his heels is a motherfucking SPLASH PAGE. Literally!

This so hard.
Say what you will about Johns as a writer, but he consistently has top tier artists.

Splash page = one big picture across multiple pages. JHW3 = double page layouts. At least that's how I look at it, not as the same thing.

LiQuid!

just good layouts

lol

Don't be sad bb, they're more than just good layouts. For my money, every issue of Batwoman with JHWIII art is the best art in all of comics. I go Stendahl on that shit. But we're talking splash pages here.

LiQuid!

lmao people complain about liefields art but THIS stuff gets a free pass:

http://i.newsarama.com/images/CaptainMarvel_10_Preview12.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

So glad I quit that shit. Yuck.

Ed: and no, that doesn't get a free pass. Comic GAF been bitching about that bro since he took over that book. Emma Rios is the only good artist that touched Capt Marvel IMO.

Stacked week next week BAtman and Injustice. and thats only DC!

edit: the artist on Capt Marvel is super incosistant, especially with the faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom