• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAAaaaaaAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAAA!!!!

5c7FWQx.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Just finished three of the Dark Angel Saga(issue 13). Dis sum good comics, stoked for the next four issues of Opena art! The art in the first three issues of the arc was super inconsistent. I liked one of the guys but the other dude he was sitting issues with is terrible.

Just finished three of the Dark Angel Saga(issue 13). Dis sum good comics, stored for the next four issues of Opena art! The art in the first three issues of the arc was super inconsistent. I liked one of the guys but the other dude he was sitting issues with is terrible.

Your in for a great treat, the event soars once Opena comes back.

Acid08

Banned
Scot Eaton is the dude with the bad at in UXF, I believe.

Still not as bad as this...

Uncanny_X-Force_(Strike_Team)_(Earth-616)_001.jpg

You see this beautiful fucking art, Rafa? It's all for you mang.

Immonen's art is the bees knees for AXM... Sooo good.

And I'm so damn fond of the Little X-Men, I missed them after enjoying First Class from a few years back. There's something about them, probably because they were teens when they started out, that makes me smile.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im guessing thats a play based on kraven the hunter?

no joke, id watch the hell out of that.

Quake1028

I just remembered I have a trunk full of all the comics I collected when I was a kid in my mom's storage unit. My brother has one too. I cannot wait to see what goodies are in there.

Troll

Banned
I just remembered I have a trunk full of all the comics I collected when I was a kid in my mom's storage unit. My brother has one too. I cannot wait to see what goodies are in there.

Yes! You have to let us know what kinds of ridiculousness you have in there.

Quake1028

Yes! You have to let us know what kinds of ridiculousness you have in there.

There is probably so much crap from around 88/89/90-93/94/95 in there. It's going to be glorious. I'll probably grab it this weekend. Glad I never sold any of those. Only comics I ever sold were about 100-125 issues I collected about 5-7 years ago in my first failed attempt to come back.

Uncanny is basically "Fuck Cyclops, The Book" but even though I hate that premise, it's undeniably good. Bachalo is still my personal favorite artist doing it.

You talking about Magneto going to the feds? He's clearly there because Cyclops told him to as otherwise Magneto's motivations don't make any sense.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes

I went home recently and looked through my old longboxes. Its like a time machine. I must have every single Punisher appearance from several years in the early 90s. And the full Darkhawk run!

I had the full Secret Wars run too, but my little brother sold #8 when Venom and Carnage were hot.

Marvel Comics:
Avengers #6
Captain America #4
Daredevil #23
Indestructible Hulk #4
Thor God of Thunder #5
X-Factor #252

Dark Horse Comics:
Conan the Barbarian #13
Dark Horse Presents #21

Other Publishers:
Shadow Year One #1 (maybe)

I've still got to pick up my stuff from last week, too.

I'm back, kiddos.

Got banned for "console warring" in an Apple thread, by saying that people should be mad at the patent office not Apple. I have no idea. I'd love for huge patent reforms.

Anyway, COMICS! I've missed you all. New avatar, new books tomorrow.

So because my daughter is super into Thor now due to Thor: The Mighty Avenger, we're looking for more Thor to read. Essential Thor by Simonson, I'm sure it's excellent but is it too complex for younger readers?

Right now we are watching this on Netflix:

26C62A9D-9E4E-4EE3-91AF-211A9B932285-12751-00000326F3214ECD_zps3a8a7f23.jpg

Welcome back krypt0nian! Missed you & your curly mustache too. :3

Any thoughts on books you picked up while off GAF?

Umm....Avengers/New Avengers owns me.

Green Arrow relaunch was crazy sexy.

Batman ending was better once the hype for death was put aside. I really loved the arc.

Fearless Defenders was embarrassing.

Ending of Injustice #1 almost made my physically ill, but the book is crazed weasel good overall.

Pathfinder remains awesome, and I'm hyped for the new arc's artist.

Throne of Atlantis is so gud.

I re-read Uncanny X-Force 1 million times, and cannot wait for more. PUCK!

Rotworld is finally good after being boring for ages.

Black Beetle week, y'all!

Just read all the back issues that had gathered for Superior Spider-Man. I guess it's fairly well written but man I don't wanna read about Otto, hope its over sooner rather than later.

Oh and if I wanted to read some comics that shows of just how powerful Thor really is, where should I look?

So because my daughter is super into Thor now due to Thor: The Mighty Avenger, we're looking for more Thor to read. Essential Thor by Simonson, I'm sure it's excellent but is it too complex for younger readers?

Right now we are watching this on Netflix:

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums...932285-12751-00000326F3214ECD_zps3a8a7f23.jpg
That's loosely based on a series called Thor: Son of Asgard. It ran for twelve issues back in 2004, and follows young Thor and his companions before they became heroes; the writing has a young teen approach, and I remember it being pretty good. Adventure, romance, some teenage drama, etc. The trade collects the whole thing.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058M9PKQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom