• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Venditti on GL? I'll wait to hear his pitch, but that sucks.

And I would bet on Threshold being cancelled in favor of the Larfleeze book since it only debuted with 29K. Too bad....

arkon

I do wonder what that means for Threshold. Giffen finishes out the current arc and slots in a new back-up story seems the most likely.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm excited that Josh Fialkov is going to have in Bleez, a vehicle for all his "bitchy chick" material he no doubt had cached for Mary from I Vampire. Maybe he can do something with Red Lanterns. That book has been a fucking travesty since day one.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Did anybody at Marvel realize Nova #1 was boring and poorly written before they decided to publish it and request Earth currency for it?

Owzers

Did anybody at Marvel realize Nova #1 was boring and poorly written before they decided to publish it and request Earth currency for it?

Since they went after Loeb to write it, i presume that's what they were looking for.

I'm curious to see what people think of Justice League of America and eventually Guardians of the Galaxy, all are books i didn't pre-order but am tempted to get. Even Nova was tempting with McGuinness art.

tim1138

OMGOMGOMGOMG
Pariah from COIE
was in VIBE!!!!!! AHHHHHH!

OK, I had my doubts but now I believe in the JLA.

There were lots of things in
those tubes. I also caught a Weaponer from Qward
Thoughts on who
Darkseid's daughter
is? New character or retooled existing?

Owzers

Do you need to read Vibe to read JLoA?

I'm leaning towards asking dcbs to add a copy of JLoA and Guardians of the Galaxy #1 to my order......still not Nova though Xp

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nova was...I don't even know what it was.

Avengers was amazing on so many levels. Superior was entertaining, especially that set up in the end. Cap was great, Reminder is doing amazing things in this book. Vibe was fun. Nightwing was adorable,
Dick and Damian playing video games? I'd read that issue
, get on it DC.

tim1138

Do you need to read Vibe to read JLoA?

I'm leaning towards asking dcbs to add a copy of JLoA and Guardians of the Galaxy #1 to my order......still not Nova though Xp

Nope, while there is a little overlap, Vibe's book is just about his experiences and not the team as a whole.

Quake1028

Nova was pretty garbage and boring, but I won't complain too much given what I paid. I will give it another few issues if I can get them cheap, but if I miss it I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

ElNarez

Banned
Can we just talk about how much of a dumb fuck Batman is in the very last panel of Justice League #17? Because holy shit, that was so fucking dumb, you guys.

tim1138

Can we just talk about how much of a dumb fuck Batman is in the very last panel of Justice League #17? Because holy shit, that was so fucking dumb, you guys.

I don't recall him doing anything out of the norm. The very last panel wasn't Bats, it was
the Secret Society.

ElNarez

Banned
I don't recall him doing anything out of the norm. The very last panel wasn't Bats, it was
the Secret Society.

This would make more sense. This last page is confusing as fuck. Also, bringing this up A PROPOS OF FUCKING NOTHING when this is actually a thing from the other Justice League book is stupid.

Okay I'm mad now.

kswiston

- Nova at least had good art.

- Avengers continues to be great:
Nightmask is a New Universe character. Curious to see how all of this will fit together.

- Really glad to see that the first arc in Thor: God of Thunder is just the opening of a larger story. I was wondering how Aaron was going to wrap everything up in one issue.

- Saga 10:
I hope that this is just fake out. Otherwise R.I.P. Lying Cat

- Captain America continues to be crazy. I'm not even sure where this arc is going yet, but who would have thought that Remender's A-Game would go to Captain America over Uncanny Avengers.

- Another solid Daredevil issue.

I still have to read JLA, but a pretty good week overall.

tim1138

This would make more sense. This last page is confusing as fuck. Also, bringing this up A PROPOS OF FUCKING NOTHING when this is actually a thing from the other Justice League book is stupid.

Okay I'm mad now.

The
Secret Society
stuff has been in the book off and on since like issue 6 or 7. I thought the last page was pretty straight forward-
Waller and Trevor, JL, Society, Waller and Trevor, JL, Society
, just a repeating pattern. That group will be affecting both Leagues going forward.

8bit

Knows the Score
There were lots of things in
those tubes. I also caught a Weaponer from Qward

Also,
Gypsy from Justice League Detroit, Krakkl from Flash : The Human Race, someone that looks a little like Travis Morgan (Subject 419) and someone that looks like the Engineer from the Authority (Cyber...).

tim1138

Also,
Gypsy from Justice League Detroit, Krakkl from Flash : The Human Race, someone that looks a little like Travis Morgan (Subject 419) and someone that looks like the Engineer from the Authority (Cyber...).

I need to reread it tonight,
Gypsy
was impossible to miss, but I missed the others and I'm sure there are other easter eggs in those panels.
Also the
numbering
reminded me a lot of Flashpoint and Project Superman.

Vibe and JLa were great. Like the
matchups we they teased, Cyborg and Stargirl. Vibe will destroy Barry.
Was Nova really that bad? Stephen Wacker said it is supposed to be one of the most touching stories Marvel has ever produced. Can't wait until next Friday to read it.

frye

Nova didn't have any cannibalism so that's a plus.

Honestly though, it's probably better than you were expecting.

tim1138

The
match up board
in JLA was pretty cool. I'm guessing Waller and co dunno that Hal quit the League.

And why must they reference a
Starro
invasion and not give us the story as a comic?!

Neither one was particularly interested in GL before DC pitched the idea to them. Sounds great!
That fucking pisses me off. Id write the fuxk out of GL, but they turned me down. I don't want some Warhammer, Dynamite Entertainment, 40Billion AD writer on my GL. DC better announce a kickass Young Justice book or a Lagoon Boy ongoing or imma.....

ElNarez

Banned
Neither one was particularly interested in GL before DC pitched the idea to them. Sounds great!

The list of "Writers who weren't really all that interested in a title/character, but were proposed an assignment by editorial, did their homework and delivered greatness" is too long to quote. This is not an argument that can be used against any of the writers involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom