• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcing Captain Pouches:

An ordinary muscle-bound competitive weight lifter who received a multitude of magical pouches from a mysterious gypsy salesman. At first our plucky yet perpetually dickish protagonist thought they were worthless because they only had the ability to store over-sized sci-fi machine-guns which he had no use for as an ordinary muscle-bound competitive weight lifter. That was until a rival competitive weight-lifter was horribly injured in a squatting mishap where he lost both of his feet--of course he blames Captain Pouches for this--and following a mental breakdown where he murders Captain Pouches's on again off again short-haired punk girlfriend, he becomes Captain Pouches arch-nemesis The Footless One. Swearing vengeance Captain Pouches finally accepts the burden of his gun-laden pouches in order to fight crime and the maniacal advances of the Footless One.

How could he refuse?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Haven't read Savage Wolverine yet, but if #2 isn't a substantial improvement over the debut, it's getting dropped...hard.

On the positive side, new Thor: God of Thunder. FINALLY. Hoping I have time to read something before the Playstation Conference

Dysun

Thor 5

sogoodmk6.gif

akira28

Ok. Finally got my hands on Batman 17 and the new Batman Inc.

Batman 17...I liked the story, ultimately. I liked how it was done. I liked how they played it. It's just too bad they went with that fundamentally flawed premise that the
Joker wouldn't want to know. It's like...they finally pressed the button, when they called BS on why Batssss doesn't really kill Joker. But then they pull an improbable rabbit out of the ass when they put in that bit about Joker being so insane that he wouldn't even care to know who Bruce was. Goddamnit for that shortcut, from what might have been some really groundbreaking truth.

The Batman does love the Joker. He will save his life every time. He will destroy that weak little madman, and beat him within an inch of his life. But he will always deliver him to Arkham, to his own devices. He will always give the Joker another chance. Why? I have a few theories, but my thought on this is that they backed away from where they could have taken this. Too bad.

Batman Inc. I love this book. I love Damian Wayne. Total conversion. Notice how people write the father and son dynamic so convincingly, with real complexities, real cringe moments, believable emotions? (And how they lose that completely when they write about something else...) It gives me feels. Love that little guy. Used to want Tim to cut his head off with a sword, though. I love her too. Why Bruce chose Selina over her...I don't know. Except maybe for the fact that Selina isn't evil. I sometimes feel like she could have been turned, saved by Bruce's love. But hah. Probably not. She's properly completely mental. But I always had a thing for Talia. Goddamn what a good book.

I always imagine Damian's voice to be an actual young Middle Eastern kid. I can't decide if he has a British accent or not, but if they ever animate him, they better not fuck up and make him generic.

Congrats Rafa, Vibe #1 was sold out at my LCS!

They didn't order that many copies.

j/k, I don't know how many copies they ordered.

Just got home a little while ago, long day at work and I'm too damn tired to do any reading. Forgot today was PS4 announce day too.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Newest Superior was great. Ock's ego is hilarious.

MartyStu

JLA: Pretty good. Much better than than JL has been for a long time.

JL: Solid, I like the new dynamics and look forward to crossovers into JLA.

Red Hood: Pretty decent, some of Batman's dialog was pretty shitty though. Regardless, this is an up-tick in quality.

Remender is going insane on captian america.

Enjoyed vibe alot, good set up

Avengers 6 was awesome glad we finnaly got the alphabet

thor was pretty rad

Vyer

Been out all day only started to read through today's stuff.

JLA
Throne of Atlantis was fun and this issue closed it out perfectly. I actually kind of felt bad for Ocean Master at the end.

JLoA 1
Nice set up issue. Did a good job laying some groundwork and hinting at things to come. Pretty standard, nothing too mindblowing, but I'm definitely interested.

Green Lantern 17
Johns is going to go out big, I think. Early on in the 'Third Army' stuff it was a little too slow moving and really didn't come together well for me. Toward the end and with this issue it has picked up really well. Haven't felt this good about GL since the Sinestro Corps stuff.

Ok...onward!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Thor was awesome..reading uncanny. Can someone tell me why magneto's power got nerfed? I didnt really keep up with the xbooks prior to AvX

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thor was awesome..reading uncanny. Can someone tell me why magneto's power got nerfed? I didnt really keep up with the xbooks prior to AvX

Something to do with Scott worfing him while he was all Pheonixed up. Apparently it messed with all their powers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dont seem to recall that. I did kinda just glaze over the last few issues of AvX

It was mentioned in one of the earlier issues of All New X-Men. (In the first 3 I think) All New and Uncanny are companion books so odds are you'll want to be following both.

Deadly

In Red Hood, they alluded to the team-up Jason and Damian had. Considering it's about the same time as the current events of Batman Inc., wouldn't this mean Damian is safe?

frye

In Red Hood, they alluded to the team-up Jason and Damian had. Considering it's about the same time as the current events of Batman Inc., wouldn't this mean Damian is safe?

It means that all of DotF took place between that issue of Inc and whichever one Damian dies in. It's kind of dumb/unbelievable but that's why you shouldn't think about it very hard!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It was mentioned in one of the earlier issues of All New X-Men. (In the first 3 I think) All New and Uncanny are companion books so odds are you'll want to be following both.

I might as well I guess. I always seem to get sucked back into X books no matter how hard i try to stay away.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Saga

my heart hurts

Black Beetle

pitch perfect art, an interesting noir story and a fun internal monologue

Avengers

i hate slott for getting his shitty storytelling into my otherwise amazing hickman. shang-chi all day.

Thor

i was super interested how this was going to play out, and i'm glad this is how aaron is doing it. really compelling stuff, not to mention the gorgeous art

Captain America

As disappointing as UA is, remender is killing it on cap. loving the desolate, sci fi feel.

Hulk

where cap is a sci fi romp and thor is an epic story of the gods, hulk is just comics rock n roll. waid is writing an interesting banner, and a high octane hulk

Locke & Key

destined for all-time greatest comics lists the world over

8bit

Knows the Score
Also,
Gypsy from Justice League Detroit, Krakkl from Flash : The Human Race, someone that looks a little like Travis Morgan (Subject 419) and someone that looks like the Engineer from the Authority (Cyber...).

One other possibly interesting point about one of the containers in Vibe :
Krakkl from that particular Flash story was Wally West's imaginary friend.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hi my name is Grant Morrison and I would like you to enjoy my new comic, Happy:

Cunt. Cunt. Fuck. Fucker fuckfuck fucky fuck cunt. Cunt fucker fuck shit, fucking Happy, fucker cunt fuck. Fucky cunt? Cunt fuck!

I didn't get this shit at all. Seemed like a premise wrapped in a comic that was written to sell a movie script.

Quake1028

Just some quick scores for this week's books:

Injustice - 8/10
Nova - 6/10
Wonder Woman - 8/10
Deadpool - 7/10
Cap - 9/10
Avengers - 8/10
Hulk - 7/10
Black Beetle - 10/10
Thor - 10/10

Saga, Savage Wolverine, Daredevil and SSM later today. Great week so far. Not a bad book in the bunch, and some amazing ones. So glad I got back into comics.

Read through Glory this morning to clear out yesterday's Morning Glories disaster from my brain. It was fantastic, a great compliment book to Prophet. Between those two books something good finally came of Rob Liefeld's career.

Got the last one off the shelf at my shop.
http://i.minus.com/jfXmb6D52F7El.jpg

I also have a free digital code from Nova #1 if anyone wants it. Just send me a PM.
Just curious, but did anyone's shop actually order a complete run of those flag covers? My LCS had the regular cover and my state's cover, but that was it.

And I still haven't read anything other than Daredevil #23, which is already shaping up as a strong contender for the most heartwrenching comics storyline of 2013. Reading that brought up unwelcome memories of being twelve years old and dealing with my late mother's
diagnosis.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I was browsing Midtown's site and it offers what looks like all 50 states.

I wonder which cover is rarest? Alaska? North Dakota?

Reading Avenger #6,

Noticed Shulkie is still on the avengers,

I love you Hickman & Marvel Editorial <3

but fuck you Jeph Loeb.. fuck you hard.

Ruining the Nova Corp with another class of low-tier Novas.

we already have low-tier Novas!

1. Centurion
2. Denarian
3. Millennian
4. Corpsman
5. Syfon Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom