• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The movie was weak, but tom jane is the best punisher we've had so far. That fan film proved that

Acid08

Banned
The Punisher was the best comic book movie I've ever seen. Batman Returns and Batman & Robin are both great too. Didn't care for the Christopher Nolan movies at all.

The Punisher + War Zone are pretty good, definitely not great though.

lol @ B&R. C'mon son.

I love Begins and think the other two may as well not be Batman movies.

The Punisher was the best comic book movie I've ever seen. Batman Returns and Batman & Robin are both great too. Didn't care for the Christopher Nolan movies at all.

quentin-tarantino-golden-globes-2013.gif

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but it's the only place I can think of.

So I just picked up the first 41 JLA comics that started in 1997 for $25. I don't know anything about comics, but I thought they'd probably be okay reads.

Unfortunately, I got every sequential comic sans JLA issue #3 that came out in March 1997.

My question is: where can I order JLA #3 from March, 1997, to Canada and not pay an arm and a leg (ie: over $8 or so, lol) to complete my $25 collection? I know ~$8 may be pushing it, but my OCD may not be worth THAT much.

ReiGun

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but it's the only place I can think of.

So I just picked up the first 41 JLA comics that started in 1997 for $25. I don't know anything about comics, but I thought they'd probably be okay reads.

Unfortunately, I got every sequential comic sans JLA issue #3 that came out in March 1997.

My question is: where can I order JLA #3 from March, 1997, to Canada and not pay an arm and a leg (ie: over $8 or so, lol) to complete my $25 collection? I know ~$8 may be pushing it, but my OCD may not be worth THAT much.
Do you know any comic stores in Canada? You may be able to buy it from them.

Also, you just got one of the best runs on Justice League. Enjoy.

Troll

Banned
Superior Spiderman is hilarious. I have to say, it's 10x better since the Marvel Now transition. You Peter Parker fanboys can suck it!

DC knocked it out of the park this week. Both Justice League and JLA were great. Vibe was surprisingly good. Every Bat title was in stellar form. And to top it all off, despite going from one event into another the Green Lantern titles were engaging, especially New Guardians. Kyle Raynor superior Lantern confirmed.

Also, Saga #10 last panel...? JackNicholsonNodding.gif

YYYEEEAAAHHH!

Also, the ass slap.

Troll

Banned
DC knocked it out of the park this week. Both Justice League and JLA were great. Vibe was surprisingly good. Every Bat title was in stellar form. And to top it all off, despite going from one event into another the Green Lantern titles were engaging, especially New Guardians. Kyle Raynor superior Lantern confirmed.

Also, Saga #10 last panel...? JackNicholsonNodding.gif

YYYEEEAAAHHH!

Also, the ass slap.

I don't like the way I feel after finishing that issue. The way it was talking about collateral damage... ITS FUCKING LYING CAT

I don't like the way I feel after finishing that issue. The way it was talking about collateral damage... ITS FUCKING LYING CAT

Regarding Saga #10
I don't think Lying Cat is dead. Reason #1: Comics. Reason #2: If you recall Will recounted to Gwendolyn? how Lying Cat basically couldn't die; that he had tried to kill it. Either that was just banter / bravado, or its true.

Or maybe nothing is sacred. NOTHING. :D

Troll

Banned
Regarding Saga #10
I don't think Lying Cat is dead. Reason #1: Comics. Reason #2: If you recall Will recounted to Gwendolyn? how Lying Cat basically couldn't die; that he had tried to kill it. Either that was just banter / bravado, or its true.

I had just finished the issue this morning. I'm not doing so good.

NEO0MJ

Guys and gals, quick question which relates to a discussion I got into the other day:

In your opinion, is Batman selfless or selfish? Also, is the popularity and prolific nature of his rogues gallery ultimately doing the character more harm than good?

I think that Batman is selfish, even though in his mind he thinks that what he's doing is selfless.
Also, his rouges do harm him in opinion, as like many mentioned they are too popular to have anything truly bad happen to them. Also, they make him look kinda weak and incompetent in the DC-verse, considering how awesome he's made out to be.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Regarding Saga #10

hmmm that's true, i do remember that. i hope you're right or i've got a lot of drinking to do.

jon bones

on a lighter note, i did finally get around to reading all new x-men.

i was surprised, it's actually pretty great. bendis is in good form and even though the mutant universe is focused on cyke, the book is interesting and well written.

Acid08

Banned
Avengers was really good this week. Like, really good.

I have a huge stack of stuff to read at home. Saga, Hulk, and Superior are at the top of the pile.

Decided to let Deadpool sit in my box until next week :p

kswiston

Read Nova #1, still shocked that it's not completely horrible. Is that really Loeb's name on the cover?

People have liked Loeb comics before. It's just been a few years.

Maybe he is putting more effort into this book. I still think his writing on Ultimates 3/Ultimatum was an elaborate troll aimed at comic fans.

Lombaszko

Read Nova #1, still shocked that it's not completely horrible. Is that really Loeb's name on the cover?
I've never really read Marvel before but Nova was awesome and the preview I saw of Guardians of the Galaxy has me all in for those two. I just want good space stories and Green Lantern and Threshold for DC just isn't doing it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've never really read Marvel before but Nova was awesome and the preview I saw of Guardians of the Galaxy has me all in for those two. I just want good space stories and Green Lantern and Threshold for DC just isn't doing it.

If I'm honest, I am happy they're looking good but I was hoping that they both sucked so I could save some money.

Saga! The best damn comic going. Every issue is amazing

I need issue 11 now.
im still in denial. Not lying cat!

Dude, I'm still in denial over
The Stalk
. But then, I don't think
Lying Cat is dead. The Will may well save him in the beginning of issue 11

Lombaszko

If I'm honest, I am happy they're looking good but I was hoping that they both sucked so I could save some money.
Ha! That's the worst/best. I was doing the same after the issue of Aquaman where Mera was in a grocery store. I dropped Aquaman, then it got awesome and I had to pick it up again!
I'll probably have a free Guardians code up for grabs Wednesday if you read digital though, and Nova on the weeks that comes out!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Anybody else pick up the new GI Joe #1? It has kicked up a lot of controversy in the GI Joe community. I actually liked it, but some people are pissed about the costumes and the makeup of the new team. Also, Duke is sleeping with Cover Girl, who is subordinate to him in the command structure, and this is apparently something that would get you thrown in the brig in real life.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I have a dumb question but I'm still relatively new to collecting comics. Has anyone ever had issues with bagging and boarding comics? I fell behind on putting my comics in them and some of the bags won't close due to the adhesive strip coming off when I pull the strip off. Is this common?

DRG

Neo Member
Need some advice from all you comic people. My current pull list is way too expensive per month, so I'm looking to cut down. I'm already a couple months behind on my 30 series+ pull list. I'm thinking about getting rid of following this stuff per month and just read the trade versions of them when it comes out. If anyone could give me some insight if I should definitely keep some of these that would be great, either for reading or collecting purposes. It's a tough call and I'm not sure what to get rid of. Thanks!

The Dark Knight (already subbed to Batman, Batgirl)
Iron Man
Dead Pool
Morbius (Did not care at all for issue #1, the last thing I read)
Fatale
The Massive
Mind the Gap
All New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine and the X-Men (of all these X-Men comics I would like to keep at least one of them for monthly reading)

frye

Need some advice from all you comic people. My current pull list is way too expensive per month, so I'm looking to cut down. I'm already a couple months behind on my 30 series+ pull list. I'm thinking about getting rid of following this stuff per month and just read the trade versions of them when it comes out. If anyone could give me some insight if I should definitely keep some of these that would be great, either for reading or collecting purposes. It's a tough call and I'm not sure what to get rid of. Thanks!

Iron Man
Dead Pool
Fatale
The Massive
Mind the Gap
All New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine and the X-Men (of all these X-Men comics I would like to keep at least one of them for monthly reading)

Of those, I'd keep Fatale. The first two arcs were kind of a non-starter for me but the last 2 issues have been ace.

DRG

Neo Member
Any particular reasons to go along with those pics as well? The stories suck? Not worth following month to month? Better off reading later in a trade version?

akira28

Lying
Cat doesn't look dead to me. Spaced? Sure. dead? No..mainly intact, mostly out of breath, probably a little scared. There's no reason to, you know?

Troll

Banned

Iron Man
Dead Pool
Fatale
The Massive
Mind the Gap
All New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men

Drop the bold. WATXM is better in trades.

jon bones

Iron Man
Dead Pool
Fatale
The Massive
Mind the Gap
All New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men

drop watxm, keep fatale... that's all the help i can offer you

kswiston

drop watxm, keep fatale... that's all the help i can offer you

Don't you still read WATXM every month? If so, why not take your own advice?

DC GAF, I read JLA #1 and was a little lost. I haven't kept up on Non-Batman DC since last winter. Any back stories I could read to better explain what lead to the start of this book?

ElNarez

Banned
Genuinely thought dropping WatXM would be more controversial. I'd tend to agree. Detailed breakdown :
  • Batman: The Dark Knight - DROP - Book is not as terrible as it was under Finch, but it's still mostly pointless
  • Iron Man - CONSIDER DROPPING - Gillen is a terrifically clever writer, but he's burdened with Land on art. It's not permanent, however, since the book will switch to Englehart soon-ish
  • Deadpool - KEEP - How the fuck is that up for debate this is the stupidest, and therefore the greatest mish-mash of cartoon ultraviolence, pop-culture references and amazing action.
  • Morbius - DROP - Uninspired, somewhat boring
  • Fatale - DROP - It could be fucking amazing, but it hasn't really been for ten issues, so even if it did pick back up, which is debatable, it's nowhere near as good as what you'd expect from those guys
  • The Massive - CONSIDER DROPPING - It's moody and contemplative and might be pretty boring or somewhat overwrought in its ecologist militantism
  • Mind The Gap - KEEP - Maybe, I don't know
  • ANXM - KEEP - Bendis letting loose and having fun with fucking stunning Immonen art, how is that even up for debate
  • UXM - KEEP - Same as ANXM, except with more intrigue and BACHALO AND FRAZER IRVING ON ART. Flipping heck son you can't drop that
  • WatXM - CONSIDER DROPPING - The last couple issues were getting back at something fun, but Aaron can't really blend action-comedy and serious drama, which is always around the corner, and he's made some very uninspired Claremont riffs lately.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
My pledge to never buy another floppy lasted less than two weeks. I had to get a copy of JLA with the Mississippi flag. I wonder if Midtown will actually fill the order correctly...Also got some Jugheads from the 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom