• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Something about the lettering is weird. And I don't mean the different styles. Is it like that in hand? Like, blurry/fuzzy?

Preview pages have that kind of "fuzziness". I doubt it's gonna look like that in the print/digital version.

Quake1028

I consider myself a fairly smart and well read person, but I have no fucking clue what is supposed to be going on in Nowhere Men.

In other news, Peter Panzerfaust is fantastic.

It's Journey into Mystery, out next week.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=15410

prv15410_pg1.jpg

frye

Speaking of Sif, any opinions on this one shot? Thinking of getting it for Stegman art like I got that Wolverine one shot for the Aja art :p

I have no particular love for Stegman like the rest of y'all do but this was quite good iirc. DeConnick did solid stuff in that and the Rescue one-shot a few years ago.

Acid08

Banned
Hulk 4 was great. Am loving the way Waid is writing Banner. The Hulk scenes actually aren't as good as the Banner stuff IMO. Ending of this issue was great.

I have a digital code for anyone who wants it. Just reply in this thread and I'll PM it to you.

Haters keep running their mouths and it just doesn't matter!

Superior 4 was great.
Green Goblin back ya'll!
I didn't like the first two issues. First doc Ock dialogue was overkill, then Peter in the next issue. The last two have gotten better in finding a good balance and groove.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hulk 4 was great. Am loving the way Waid is writing Banner. The Hulk scenes actually aren't as good as the Banner stuff IMO. Ending of this issue was great.

I have a digital code for anyone who wants it. Just reply in this thread and I'll PM it to you.

I've actually just read through all four issues just now and I'm loving it. I was on the fence with the first issue but my friend was on me to read it saying how cool it was and damn it's sweet. I sort of love that Banner is the focus of the book, I like the book a lot more than I thought I would when I read issue 1.

Haters keep running their mouths and it just doesn't matter!

Superior 4 was great.
Green Goblin back ya'll!

Damn straight! I'm liking Otto a lot better than I figured. Also Slott put out a few of Ramos's pages from an upcoming issue,
it looks like they feature Otto's love interest. Just when you thought it couldn't get any creepier. You know she's over 20, but she's really short so she kind of looks like a little kid with boobs.

I have to ask though, is it just me or does Camuncolli seem to fit the look of the book a bit better than Stegman does? I sort of like the way she (?) is drawing it better than Stegman has.

Acid08

Banned
I've actually just read through all four issues just now and I'm loving it. I was on the fence with the first issue but my friend was on me to read it saying how cool it was and damn it's sweet. I sort of love that Banner is the focus of the book, I like the book a lot more than I thought I would when I read issue 1.

Damn straight! I'm liking Otto a lot better than I figured. Also Slott put out a few of Ramos's pages from an upcoming issue,
it looks like they feature Otto's love interest. Just when you thought it couldn't get any creepier. You know she's over 20, but she's really short so she kind of looks like a little kid with boobs.

I have to ask though, is it just me or does Camuncolli seem to fit the look of the book a bit better than Stegman does? I sort of like the way she (?) is drawing it better than Stegman has.
Yeah having Banner as the focus is a nice change of pace, especially because Waid is killing it writing Banner. The Hulk action scenes do need to be better though.

I liked the Camuncolli art(apart from Peters weird fucked up face throughout) but Stegman is just on another level IMO. Sucks he's only solicited on one other issue. Upcoming Ramos stuff is going to be a test for me.....really dislike the shit that guy puts out.

Troll

Banned
Yeah having Banner as the focus is a nice change of pace, especially because Waid is killing it writing Banner. The Hulk action scenes do need to be better though.

I liked the Camuncolli art(apart from Peters weird fucked up face throughout) but Stegman is just on another level IMO. Sucks he's only solicited on one other issue. Upcoming Ramos stuff is going to be a test for me.....really dislike the shit that guy puts out.

Yes. This.

The action is almost an afterthought in the new Hulk. Almost arbitrary. I still really like comic and want to see where this goes but it's schizophrenic right now.

Wag

61jmVY0-W0L.jpg

I picked this up for $9 off Amazon. Fun book. It's not as all encompassing as the DC Encyclopedia but for $9 it's got all the major characters.

Acid08

Banned
TMNT took it to another level with the arrival of the Neutrinos, love those brahs. Can't wait for Sanuolouoco to be the new artist.

My shop got 19 but still hasn't gotten their shipment of 18. Man, I would just go buy it somewhere else but I don't want to leave the shop owner hanging when he does get them. Was so stoked for this story, hopefully it's there on Wednesday.

I want the code please and can also trade you the Avengers 6 code :).

Wool

DEC120459_m.jpg

I've been browsing through these TMNT covers, and they are awesome. Is the story any good? I have no idea who it would be aimed at. I'd think the 20-35 year old crowd would be more familiar with the franchise, but the products are almost universally aimed at kids. If the art is as good on the inside I wouldn't care either way.

DEC120459_m.jpg

I've been browsing through these TMNT covers, and they are awesome. Is the story any good? I have no idea who it would be aimed at. I'd think the 20-35 year old crowd would be more familiar with the franchise, but the products are almost universally aimed at kids. If the art is as good on the inside I wouldn't care either way.

It's a pretty good series but there's a Comixology sale going on still with the first eight issues of this series if you want to check it out.

Acid08

Banned
DEC120459_m.jpg

It's awesome. Really love it.

akira28

If you go by what Slott's been saying it's been planned since issue 600.

Not the mind swap, I mean the trajectory seems to have changed. At first this seemed like it would suck, now I'm curious...And i wonder if he made a subtle course correction, or, unlikely as it is, was this how he planned it all along. Ghost Petey and all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not the mind swap, I mean the trajectory seems to have changed. At first this seemed like it would suck, now I'm curious...And i wonder if he made a subtle course correction, or, unlikely as it is, was this how he planned it all along. Ghost Petey and all.

Honestly I doubt we'll ever know if he wanted to unveil Ghost Peter this soon. Odds are that the only way he could sell this whole mind swap thing to his editors was if he put in Ghost Peter. The book would probably still work without Ghost Peter, if we're honest he hasn't added a whole lot to the narrative so far but I doubt fans would have given the book a chance without him. It all seems fairly well planned though, not Hickman level charting but it's not exactly meandering either.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Superior is fine as long as they let him be his own character and stay away from the rapey elements. Shouldn't be that hard.

wetwired

For those that remember, a few threads back I asked about what I remember being the first comic I ever read, it had a story where the phantom stranger takes Batman to an alternate reality where he saves his parents from being killed. In the epilogue this inspires the young Bruce Wayne who witnesses the attempted murder begin training to become Batman anyway.

After lots of searching I tracked it down to Detective Comics #500 and a story called "To Kill a Legend"

Detective_Comics_500.jpg

detective500-01.jpg

001959zq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom