• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week's Marvel. Previews here.

Astonishing X-Men #59
Avengers Arena #5
Avenging Spider-Man #17
Deadpool Killustrated #2
FF #4
Gambit #9
Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1
Hawkeye #8
Journey Into Mystery #649
Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man #11
Punisher War Zone #5
Thunderbolts #5
Ultimate Comics X-Men #23
Uncanny Avengers #4
Uncanny X-Men #2
Uncanny X-Force #2
X-Men Legacy #6
X-Treme X-Men #11
Young Avengers #2

Fuck Marvel. No lunches.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
after marvel now, i trust marvel with this number one thing. i doubt they'd rock the boats too hard, so my precious hickman will remain unscathed.

you should be

you should also be listening to pelican & russian circles while you do

i miss dickbats a lot. batman is decent and green arrow is off to a nice start but i still dont "get" nu52.

Fuck yeah jon bones with the awesome taste :D

Smaller week after last weeks fucking $60.00 atrocity.

Aquaman #17
Batman Incorporated #8
Batman The Dark Knight #17
Flash #17
Red Lanterns #17 (Yes, I'm part of the reason this book exists and your favorites are getting canceled)
Talon #5
Teen Titans #17

I will pre-rank this week's 3 Uncanny books:

Uncanny X-Men > Uncanny X-Force >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uncanny Avengers.

Stop stealing our adjectives, Avengers-office -__-

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
nice list for me this week:

FF
Hawkeye: Best Comic Ever
Legend of Luther Strode
Prophet
Uncanny Skullkickers
Uncanny X-Men
Witch Doctor
Young Avengers (i'll give this the standard 3 issue college try, but i remain unconvinced)

I left it on the iPad so I can read 1-3 again before 4 hits. I like it, I think I just need to take more time with it.

the re-read helps a lot. re-reading manhattan projects was a revelation, too. and i thought i loved that book the first go around...

I will pre-rank this week's 4 Uncanny books:

Uncanny X-Men > Uncanny Skullkickers > Uncanny X-Force >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uncanny Avengers.

fixed!

Fuck yeah jon bones with the awesome taste :D

my man

Dysun

Aquaman #17
Batman Incorporated #8
Batman The Dark Knight #17

Avenging Spider-Man #17
Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1
Hawkeye #8
Uncanny Avengers #4
Uncanny X-Men #2
Uncanny X-Force #2

Hyped for continued Aquaman awesomeness in light of him taking the crown

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are none of you picking up Talon? I see these lists and there is a distinct lack of Talon on them. This needs to be remedied. Hell, this week features Batman and Nightwing!

tim1138

This week I've got:

Aquaman
Batman Inc
Flash
Guardians of the Galaxy
Red Lanterns
Uncanny X-Men (that's right, I only buy Bendis books)

Are none of you picking up Talon? I see these lists and there is a distinct lack of Talon on them. This needs to be remedied. Hell, this week features Batman and Nightwing!

Talon is awesome. It's on my pull list. And I agree, it should be on everyone's pull list.

Machine

My list for this week:

DC COMICS

AQUAMAN #17
BATMAN INCORPORATED #8
BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #17
FLASH #17
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #17
RED LANTERNS #17 (WRATH)
TALON #5
TEEN TITANS #17
UNWRITTEN #46 (MR)

MARVEL COMICS

UNCANNY AVENGERS #4 NOW
YOUNG AVENGERS #2 NOW

The lack of Unwritten on people's lists troubles me. Hastening the apparent death of Vertigo.

Machine

I literally have no idea what Unwritten is and find the idea of copy and pasting it into google more effort than it's worth. What is it about?

Quoted from the wiki: The book follows Tom Taylor, who was the inspiration for a series of hugely successful children's fantasy novels in the vein of Harry Potter. The series deals with themes related to fame, celebrity, and the relationship between fiction and human consciousness.

It's written by Michael Carey with art by Peter Gross, the same dudes who did the outstanding Lucifer series for Vertigo.

My dream outcome.

But yeah, Morrison's sensibilities are completely at odds with the "Batfamily shattering" conclusion Snyder intimated.

Makes sense.
Bruce adopts her because he needs a family. His son is dead and his other children have left him. Come on she was introduced for that purpose. Morrison is finally passing on Bat to Snyder officially by giving him a way to make his own Robin.

Makes sense.
Bruce adopts her because he needs a family. His son is dead and his other children have left him. Come on she was introduced for that purpose. Morrison is finally passing on Bat to Snyder officially by giving him a way to make his own Robin.
Come on, that's horrible and people should feel bad for even suggesting that's what will happen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Come on, that's horrible and people should feel bad for even suggesting that's what will happen.

It sort of makes sense, depending
on what Snyder does with Harper that is. She's obviously got her own thing going on with her dad and I'm a little curious as to what that is. I doubt that we'll see anything as amazing as Damian, but it won't be crap either.

IDW is publishing a new Samurai Jack book, sweet!

Depends on if Genndy is involved in some way, otherwise I don't hold much hope.

Quake1028

I forgot Uncanny Skullkickers is coming out this week. Added to my list. I really am trying to give Image as much of my money as possible. They do so many things right.

Acid08

Banned
Do you guys tape your bagged comics closed or just leave the flap alone? I tape them but a friend of mine leaves them open (fucking barbaric).

Do you guys tape your bagged comics closed or just leave the flap alone? I tape them but a friend of mine leaves them open (fucking barbaric).

I normally leave them open but if I'm picking up an issue over at Comic Ink that I missed - generally it's taped already so I leave it on. :p

I'll tape when I feel the need to do so.

My haul this week looks like this:

Massive #9
I Vampire #17
Unwritten #46
Artifacts #25
Carbon Grey Vol.2 #3
Legend of Luther Strode #3
Ravine #1 (TPB)
Prophet #34
FF #4
Guardians #0.1
Hawkguy #8
Uncanny X-Force #2
Uncanny X-Men #2

Tape. All day every day. But not until I read them. Once I'm done, I tape them up, and file them into the comic box.

Howard the Duck is now my favorite Marvel Comics character.

After only reading ONE comic. There's really nobody like him, but man is he a likable character. Within one comic Howard is so miserable he wants to kill himself, then he fights to save a girl he doesn't even know even though he's a little guy and can't really fight. Then he risks his life to save Spider-Man, and finally he sacrifices himself in an instant to kill the bad guy, with no real reservations about it at all. He's not your usual debaucherous Fritz the Cat type character. He's a sad, selfless little guy.

Marvel has/had the monopoly on characters with depth.

Howard the Duck is now my favorite Marvel Comics character.

After only reading ONE comic. There's really nobody like him, but man is he a likable character. Within one comic Howard is so miserable he wants to kill himself, then he fights to save a girl he doesn't even know even though he's a little guy and can't really fight. Then he risks his life to save Spider-Man, and finally he sacrifices himself in an instant to kill the bad guy, with no real reservations about it at all. He's not your usual debaucherous Fritz the Cat type character. He's a sad, selfless little guy.

Marvel has/had the monopoly on characters with depth.

The Howard the Duck / Man Thing duo from Heroclix amuses me greatly. And I have almost no knowledge of their actual interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom