• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

steveovig

Can anyone please recommend me some good X-Men TPB's that I can get on my Kindle? I wanted to buy Astonishing X-Men Vol. 1 but I don't really have the cash for it now and it's not on the Kindle Store.

And the last round of avatars, if you haven't gotten your requested avater, please let me know

-Cade said:
rfJkNyC.jpg
Uq2IAlN.jpg
PaulExcellent said:
Fertygo said:

Messi

You should read all Terry Moores written/drawn comics.

I have only read the first (not insignificant) omnibus of Strangers in Paradise and I feel comfortable saying that your statement is 100% true. It is crazy how real Katchoo and Francine feel to me and I am only halfway there. I can't imagine how crushed I will be when it ends. I like knowing right now whenever I have a shit day I can open that book and there will be more new stuff. Terry Moore's art is just beautiful.

Can anyone please recommend me some good X-Men TPB's that I can get on my Kindle? I wanted to buy Astonishing X-Men Vol. 1 but I don't really have the cash for it now and it's not on the Kindle Store.

Not regular X-Men but Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender is available on there according to Amazon. That's good stuff.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just got an email saying Mike Mignola is only going to be at 4 cons this year (TFAW, Aw Yeah Comics, Emerald City and SDCC)... fuck, I missed my chance to drop big bucks on an original interior page last year at Big Wow in San Jose.

Aww. So lame.
I wish Mignola was going to be at LBCC or some other con I could go to again, because I'd really like to look at his table and think about buying something and then not buy anything.
I guess I could have gotten my Hellboy Library Edition vol 2 signed by him. And my First 20 Years hardcover. But now I can't.

Messi

Aww. So lame.
I wish Mignola was going to be at LBCC or some other con I could go to again, because I'd really like to look at his table and think about buying something and then not buy anything.
I guess I could have gotten my Hellboy Library Edition vol 2 signed by him. And my First 20 Years hardcover. But now I can't.

Don't forget to blank team Harley again while you are at it.

Messi

Ah yeah! Can't forget to forget them!

It still kills me that I discovered their table while looking at my photos.

I remember seeing your pictures of Mignolas stuff and seeing Amanda's table off to the side and asking you how they were and you were like whaaaaa...

OMG Larroca should never be allowed to do Star Wars. The amount of material available for him to trace is so much less than stuff based in "reality". At least 75% of Darth Vader are just straight up tracings of entire shots from the the films. Not just characters but backgrounds and everything. Gillen could have just pasted text on top of screenshots and the results would be identical.

steveovig

Not regular X-Men but Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender is available on there according to Amazon. That's good stuff.

Actually, I ended up finding the X-Men subreddit at Reddit and found a good list of stuff and bought X-Cutioner's Song. I read the first issue so far and I like it but it's hard to adjust to reading comics on the Kindle. This is my first time doing it and it can get frustrating.

Tizoc

Off the top of my head
Grant Morrison's New X-men
Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men
X-Statix by Peter Milligan

Dunno if any of them are on kindle though =X

Check and see if the following are available:

Mutant genesis by Claremont and Lee
New-Men by Grant Morrison
Astonishing x-Men by Whedon
All-New X-Men by Brian Bendis's
Ultimate X-Men by Mark Millar, Brian Bendis, Brian K. Vaughn
X-Factor by Peter David
Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender
New Mutants by Zeb Wells

Those are pretty much the essential x-men comics +the cream of the crop of x-Men spin offs

WOW Darth Vader #1 was even better than the last issue of Star Wars. Fuck this shit is blowing me away with its quality. Easily the best thing Keiron Gillen has ever written. Guess I'm buying every SW comic marvel releases if they keep this up.

alright well like 3 or 4 months ago or whatever a bunch of y'all were talking mad shit on Undertow from Image Comics and I just read #1 and i think i liked it!

The art's super good looking and I appreciate sci-fi weird-world books that actually have a story and a concept, and drive both forward in the first issue. It's like the anti-Rumble, except maybe that one looked cooler. Idk though, I think Artyom Trakhanov has tools to be a superstar

I mean it's not perfect, the writing isn't super strong (there's a dialogue scene about the parents of an orphan and there's no context to who they are, so it just reads as totally random). I'll keep an eye out for the Humble Bundle

Top Bottom