• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

But what about cutest ship girl?
That is one cute boat. I'm partial to Kongo.

And Hawkeye is a riot in Avengers. His dialogue and shenanigans are great:
y7zVe39.png

His fucking grin

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

He reuses it for a cover, I found it.

dp0Qkh6.jpg

That reminds me of that time Cyclops life was flashing before his eyes in Astonishing X-Men, and one of his last thoughts was fuckin' Emma Frost

Like, you got all this important shit like meeting Jean Grey and Charles Xavier and then Emma O-face

whedon pls

Astonishing_X_Men_22_pg_021.jpg
Astonishing_X_Men_22_pg_022.jpg

The fuck. I simultaneously am revolted and have a boner.

I want a Man from U.N.C.L.E comic by Waid and Samnee.

I love this idea.

Bii

Who's your waifu?

Don't have one...yet.

WOW Darth Vader #1 was even better than the last issue of Star Wars. Fuck this shit is blowing me away with its quality. Easily the best thing Keiron Gillen has ever written. Guess I'm buying every SW comic marvel releases if they keep this up.

I loved Vader today. My heart was pumping.

Good to hear positive feedback on Darth Vader #1. I have it here on my desk; will get to reading it soon.

There's going to be two small-ish nerd conventions in March that I'm going to (Tulare Sci-Fi Con II in Tulare, CA and Ani-Me Con 4.0 in Fresno, CA). Gonna bust a Kipp and leave each convention with nothing. Well, nothing tangible. I'm still gonna get sketches.

That X-Men page has me thinking: would sex with a telepath be a gift or a nightmare?

Sex with Mystique would be a gift. Bam, anyone you want.
But I can't help but feel it would be a bit disrespectful to her. You should let her be herself if you're going to share something so intimate

:D

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sex with Mystique would be a gift. Bam, anyone you want.
But I can't help but feel it would be a bit disrespectful to her. You should let her be herself if you're going to share something so intimate

:D

At first sure, but who doesn't want to play a little doctor and nurse every once and a while. Get my drift? Gotta mix it up sometimes, gotta add a little spice every now and again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Mystique technically always naked? Since her clothes shapeshift with her one assumes her clothes aren't clothes at all

I guess the fox movies were more correct than I gave them credit for :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Mystique technically always naked? Since her clothes shapeshift with her one assumes her clothes aren't clothes at all

I guess the fox movies were more correct than I gave them credit for :(

Hey, if she's into that sort of thing who are we to question it?

At first sure, but who doesn't want to play a little doctor and nurse every once and a while. Get my drift? Gotta mix it up sometimes, gotta add a little spice every now and again.

But what if you make her angry, and right in the middle of it she morphs into Wolverine?

bruh SLOW DOWN I can't watch it til tomorrow!

Same here man. No spoilers brah.

That new Suicide Squad team. Ahahahahahhahaha. Why isn't Ostrander's run collected and hardcover?

Sorry bruhs, no reason for me to bring wrestling spoilers in here, luckily I don't think you would be able to pull too many specifics out of that comparison. Show was great but needed more Kane/Big Show to truly feel like a big deal.

On a different note, ordered volumes 2 and 3 of Wolfsmund today, excited to dig into those.

Sorry bruhs, no reason for me to bring wrestling spoilers in here, luckily I don't think you would be able to pull too many specifics out of that comparison. Show was great but needed more Kane/Big Show to truly feel like a big deal.

On a different note, ordered volumes 2 and 3 of Wolfsmund today, excited to dig into those.

It's all good dude, I probably would've done the same thing out of instinct. speaking of, I accidentally clicked on the wrestling thread and bailed the hell out quick before i could see a gif someone posted

arkon

Started reading Hitman's first trade last night. Couldn't stop. Feel like shit at work now, but it was absolutely worth it. It's that same feeling I had when I got hooked on Preacher.

Splatt

Started reading Hitman's first trade last night. Couldn't stop. Feel like shit at work now, but it was absolutely worth it. It's that same feeling I had when I got hooked on Preacher.

I'm on the third trade.

How is Ennis so good at writing relatable human beans

kd-z

I'm confused, guys. Most of you are hyping me upt for that Vader #1, but JC says it sucks.

Who do I trust: the majority or Viewatu himself?

Zombine

Banned
I'm confused, guys. Most of you are hyping me upt for that Vader #1, but JC says it sucks.

Who do I trust: the majority or Viewatu himself?

I think it's best not to try to canonize a single person and their opinions on the medium over your own interest in the book itself. He's a good personality and has strong opinions on books, but this is like saying "Wow IGN gave this book an 8 out of 10. It must suck." And it could potentially be a book you enjoy.

Try it out if you love Star Wars and/or Darth Vader, or at the very least do what I did and buy a digital code for $2.

kd-z

Pros: Star Wars, Vader, Gillen, majority of ComicsGAF
Cons: 4,49 European bux, JC

What do I do

Edit: I know, Zombine. I trust the opinions of everyone around here so when the split is so uneven I'm not sure what to do. Most of the time you guys say "buy this!" And then I do and it's awesome.

Trade wait everything! Then when the tpb drops wait some more for the OHC/Omnibus!

/me is years behind on everything because of said policy

Zombine

Banned
Trade wait everything! Then when the tpb drops wait some more for the OHC/Omnibus!

/me is years behind on everything because of said policy

You're not missing much to be honest. You and other trade waiters have the ability to cherry pick good stories instead of us assholes who spend $120 on events that go nowhere.

Pros: Star Wars, Vader, Gillen, majority of ComicsGAF
Cons: 4,49 European bux, JC

What do I do

Edit: I know, Zombine. I trust the opinions of everyone around here so when the split is so uneven I'm not sure what to do. Most of the time you guys say "buy this!" And then I do and it's awesome.

Ask yourself how many books you're willing to spend...

499.jpg

... on.

ElNarez

Banned
Darth Vader is probably not worth five bucks, but it's good. Larroca's art is kind of uninspired, but like, if you like Darth Vader being a stone cold badass, Gillen writes the shit out of that.

Isak_Borg

Ask yourself how many books you're willing to spend...

499.jpg

... on.

$4.99 price point is basically going to be the price we pay to maintain this hobby.

Best way to support the industry is to start subscribing to titles and hoping that your comic shop or digital provider provides a discount for subscribing. Not sure how many mom & pop shops are going to be able to support the increasing price points.

I'm kind of tired of the prices continually going up. It's getting to a point where we're going to see another crash because casuals aren't going to continue to support these prices and lower tier books are going to suffer because of it.

Who wants to gamble five dollars on a new book by an up & coming creative team?

I'm scared of a future where the big two just put out Avengers & Batman/Superman books and don't experiment with titles like Hawkeye or Ms. Marvel.

Industry needs to be completely restructured from top to bottom if we want this to move forward.

my five cents for what it's worth.

You're not missing much to be honest. You and other trade waiters have the ability to cherry pick good stories instead of us assholes who spend $120 on events that go nowhere.

Indeed but the industry relies on single sales. So what could have been a great series will end like halfway because of people like me =x (x6000). Also you have to deal with possible spoilers and the rage when a collection comes out with like #456-459, 461.

I know it is usually some throw away filler issue but still...

Truth is, if I still had easy access to a lcbs (don't really want to do mail order) I'd still be grabbing some singles. I never bought a lot but I followed USM, JW3 Batwoman, Ms. Marvel, Elektra, and pretty much anything by Lemire.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm okay with paying five bucks, but the book's gotta have The Goods. Support quality. Speaking of: those Valiant books are mad #value. Y'all should check out Rai. It's ace.

$4.99 price point is basically going to be the price we pay to maintain this hobby.

my five cents for what it's worth.

I've had fun harping on this for the past few weeks but it's an honest concern for me. Hype is a part of comics, obviously, building up that excitement and tension is actually part of the fun in many respects. I was honestly a bit shocked by these $4.99 title launches and just how successful they (the #1s) were. People were eating it up. Oh sure there was a little grumbling but they seemed to want to be part of that hype train such that the price didn't matter. I'm going to be fascinated watching how far that goes. How many more Marvel books are going to get that $4.99 price point for that #1. How much more often will they renumber back to #1 so they can do another $4.99 price point. Once a year? Why not yearly volumes at $3.99 with $4.99 #1s and #12 bookends. Cause you know you'll buy it.

https://twitter.com/terrymooreart/status/565578350736199680

@TerryMooreArt: I certainly DO understand the need to wait for collections. $$$ But it does hurt the series. It's like waiting till I'm on deathbed to hug.

Terry Moore on trade waiters.

Marvel lets you subscribe to 12 books for $25 if you get them straight from them. If they roll that deal over to Comixology then I'd bite (don't like waiting for Marvel's late ass comics, then peeling the thingy off the code, and then having to trash the physical copy since it's a flimsy POS filled with ads).

Top Bottom