• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Afrodium

Banned
So I just discovered that inter library loan is a godsend for comics and I'm using it to read some DC stuff. I've mainly been reading Marvel because I have a MU subscription and I can't really afford to buy enough to catch up to New 52. Anyway, if I want to read current Batman, do I need to read every series or can I just stick to the main Batman book? There's like a million different Batman series. Will I be lost if I don't read them concurrently with one another, or do they pretty much remain self contained?

Cheska

Secret Six was much better this time around. I really can't get enough of Ken Lashley's art. I've always liked Catman, but it's cool to see Black Alice again.

Harley was a hoot, I love the team, and especially love John Timms (is he related to Bruce Timms?), but it read like they looked up the most popular fan fiction and went with it. Still got a ton of good laughs out of it, and overall I thought it was worth the $5 price tag.

iYko1lsl.jpg

Greg Land stopping giving a fuck years ago. Sad because his work on Birds of Prey wasnt even bad

bopdate3.jpg
bopdate4.jpg

Guess he realized he could just straight stopping a fuck and still headline books, then forget it. Why work hard when you can work smart

Do people even wake up like that?

Only in movies. Like how when people wake up from a bad dream like "AHHHHHHHHH!" OR "NOOOOOOOOOO!" and sit up all fast and dramatic like.

She is only doing the covers

:(

oh well, at least I have some new wallpapers to look forward to. what's that astronaut horror image comic that somebody posted a little while ago? interested in that.

also anybody hear read dysart's new valiant comic? wondering if I should pick that up.

That reminds me of that time Cyclops life was flashing before his eyes in Astonishing X-Men, and one of his last thoughts was fuckin' Emma Frost

Like, you got all this important shit like meeting Jean Grey and Charles Xavier and then Emma O-face

whedon pls

Astonishing_X_Men_22_pg_021.jpg
Astonishing_X_Men_22_pg_022.jpg

Messi

:(

oh well, at least I have some new wallpapers to look forward to. what's that astronaut horror image comic that somebody posted a little while ago? interested in that.

also anybody hear read dysart's new valiant comic? wondering if I should pick that up.

I believe that rwas Wiebe's "Pisces"

Messi

Man, I'm getting bummed about Captain Marvel. I don't feel like this series has been nearly as good as the initial one from KSD. The art is fabulous, and the writing isn't bad by any means, but I just don't find myself caring about Carol's space adventures.

I just finished reading this. While I agree that Carols space adventures are not as fun as earth adventures I am still enjoying the book. I thought the two issues previous to this were stunning, the last page making me well up a bit. My problem is for the most part her supporting cast aren't all that great. I guess we are supposed to like Tic, I don't like her. But every time it is just Carol being Carol it is great.

I will keep picking this book up as long as the art stays as good as it is. Each issue has been a treat to look at.

barrin87

Thanks, this is seriously awesome!

So am I good to just go all out and purchase 8 Ghibli Blu-rays at once, or does this need to be done piece by piece? Still a little confused after reading those FAQ...

Of course! It really is a seriously good deal since Disney classics and Studio Ghibli blurays almost never drop in price. I've only done the deal once before but I ended up getting the 9 blurays, a complimentary Micky Mouse blanket, and then a 10th bluray from using all the codes for Disney club points.

If you follow the FAQ, you really get 5 movies for $1, 1 movie for $11.95, and 1 more for $8.95 when you first sign up. After your account is activated you then just have to buy 2 more movies at full price.

Boogiepop

Of course! It really is a seriously good deal since Disney classics and Studio Ghibli blurays almost never drop in price. I've only done the deal once before but I ended up getting the 9 blurays, a complimentary Micky Mouse blanket, and then a 10th bluray from using all the codes for Disney club points.

If you follow the FAQ, you really get 5 movies for $1, 1 movie for $11.95, and 1 more for $8.95 when you first sign up. After your account is activated you then just have to buy 2 more movies at full price.

Cool. It looks like a few more things than I would've liked in the Ghibli collection are getting tagged as "Members only", so I guess those can't be part of the initial deal with the $1, $11.95, or $8.95, but CAN be used for the other 2 you have to buy? I have someone else who's interested though so maybe we can strike up a deal that'll even things out, depending on how much of what they want ends up members only...

barrin87

Cool. It looks like a few more things than I would've liked in the Ghibli collection are getting tagged as "Members only", so I guess those can't be part of the initial deal with the $1, $11.95, or $8.95, but CAN be used for the other 2 you have to buy? I have someone else who's interested though so maybe we can strike up a deal that'll even things out, depending on how much of what they want ends up members only...

Their website is a little limiting on what you can get with the first titles since supposedly newer movies aren't added until a couple of months later. You can sign up by calling them also though and that's more of a "your mileage may vary" situation since some people get lucky but others don't. I didn't try calling when I signed up so I don't have personal experience on calling.

Also, if you have a friend that wants to sign up then you might be able to get even more movies. I think they have a friend referral where you can get extra movies.

Who knows, today's reveal, if it stands, would make me feel like I wasted my time and money.

That's why I stopped like, ten issues ago. I wish I stopped sooner. As soon as they started that story at Arkham with the spooky-dooky stuff, I should have jumped ship, because that was where I really lost interest.

Zombine

Banned
That's why I stopped like, ten issues ago. I wish I stopped sooner. As soon as they started that story at Arkham with the spooky-dooky stuff, I should have jumped ship, because that was where I really lost interest.

Spooky-dooky? Is that Green Day's Halloween album?

Finally reading today's comics

Vader was trash, Gillen gives zero fucks and Larrocoa like "fuck it, I'm just gonna hammer this shit out real quick cuz we double shipping son"

So I'm looking at the snippet of a page from Harley Quinn that's posted on Bleeding Cool, and two thoughts -- concerns, really -- have sprung to mind.

Please tell me that's not what it looks like, because it looks like Batman just slept with Harley Quinn. There has to be something else to that.

"Diane"? Seriously DC?

Top Bottom