• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

Messi

Was there anything else, or was it just those two?

DC Collectibles 2015 slate of new product include:

TV Series Action Figures from The Flash and Arrow:

Arrow: Felicity, Diggle, Arsenal
The Flash: Captain Cold

DC Comics Props:

The Flash TV show Reverse-Flash Ring Replica
Doctor Fate Helmet Replica from Constantine

NEW LINE – DC Comics Icons 6’’Action Figures:

Wave 1: Deadman, Green Arrow, Batman, Mister Miracle
Wave 2: The Flash, Black Adam, Blue Beetle, Lex Luthor, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) Deluxe Figure
Wave 3: Superman, Aquaman, Harley Quinn, Atomica

Batman: The Animated Series:

Wave 5 Action Figures: Mad Hatter, Bane, Nightwing, Scarecrow
Batmobile (large enough to seat companion action figures in vehicle)
Batman: The Animated Movie: Mask of The Phantasm (2 pack)

DC Comics Bombshells Statues:

Batwoman
Catwoman
The Joker & Harley Quinn

DC Comics Cover Girls Statue:

Red Lantern Bleez

Batman: Black & White Statue:

Harley Quinn Designed by Paul Dini (based on his original Harley concept)

DC Super Pets Plush

Krypto
Dex-Starr
Hoppy
Streaky

DC Comics Super Heroes Busts:

Catwoman
Deadshot

Large Scale Statues:

Gotham City Garage: Harley Quinn Statue

Superman: Man of Steel Statues:

John Romita Jr.
Cully Hamner
Darwyn Cooke

Not everything had pictures. Very few actually.

DC Comics Bombshells Statues:

Batwoman
Catwoman
The Joker & Harley Quinn

DC Comics Cover Girls Statue:

Red Lantern Bleez

Batman: Black & White Statue:

Harley Quinn Designed by Paul Dini (based on his original Harley concept)

Here's what I'm buying! Not really into the base design on the regular Cover Girls line, but for Bleez, I would make an exception.

Also, there's a 9" tall animated Supergirl statue coming from Diamond Select as part of their Femme Fatales line. List price is about $45.

Supergirl.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
It still blows my mind just how timeless the Bruce Timm designs are, especially his girl characters. Pretty much EVERYTHING super hero related from the mid-90's be it other cartoons like Spider-Man/X-Men or the comics themselves has aged and reeks of the 90s. The Bruce Timm animated designs he did? Look just as modern and timeless at the same time as they did 20 years ago. It's crazy.

Messi

It still blows my mind just how timeless the Bruce Timm designs are, especially his girl characters. Pretty much EVERYTHING super hero related from the mid-90's be it other cartoons like Spider-Man/X-Men or the comics themselves has aged and reeks of the 90s. The Bruce Timm animated designs he did? Look just as modern and timeless at the same time as they did 20 years ago. It's crazy.

It is pretty incredible now that you mention it. Such a fantastic artist.

He really owns his style. Very unique, which is a big part of why it ages so well. It helps that basically everything else that came out of the 90s was bad, so it really shines by comparison.

omgkitty

I think it's the simplicity of his designs. You could take his art and put it in a time machine back to the 60's and it would fit right in.

fauxtrot

Banned
Timm's art makes me think of the fashion sketches you'd see in women's magazines of the 50s and 60s... there's something about it that transcends even that era, though. He's one of my favorites and along with artists with similar sensibilities, like Cooke and Allred.

Zombine

Banned
Amiibo day up in here like a motherfucker. Toon Link, Sonic, Shulk, Mega Man, Ike.

My Mega Man has a beauty mark on his cheek.

JC. What are some of the best Bruce Timm drawn books?

He really doesn't do a whole lot of actual comics, he makes most of his money working on various animated shows. But of course there's Batman: Mad Love, Harley and Ivy #1-3, the Batman Adventures Annual #1-2, the Batman Adventures Holiday Special, and the Two-Face 8-pager from Batman Black and White Vol 1.

Wheres the last Timm Page from?

That's actually the continuation of that middle page. You turn the page as Joker comes in and Batman crouching down and BAM huge Jack Kirby uppercut. Its like that in the animated adaptation too.

Why does Timm have to be so lewd.

Flipping through this trade, that's not even the most lewd thing in this collection.

Maybe not, but did they have Harley slinking her way out of a giant birthday cream pie doing a Happy Birthday song like Marylin Monroe. And they somehow snuck in a very suggestive line reading of, "Wanna try some of my pie? I'm sure you'll want seconds!" past the censors.

Oh, it was that particular episode? I didn't know.

omgkitty

Maybe not, but did they have Harley slinking her way out of a giant birthday cream pie doing a Happy Birthday song like Marylin Monroe. And they somehow snuck in a very suggestive line reading of, "Wanna try some of my pie? I'm sure you'll want seconds!" past the censors.

Funny to think he's in charge of the vast majority of the DC animated stuff.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There should be a Bruce Timm Omnibus.

Oh boy, I remember that I skipped a few years back all Timm Batman books of a friend of mine, because I considered them back then as to childish.

I was so stupid back then :(

fauxtrot

Banned
There should be a Bruce Timm Omnibus.

Oh boy, I remember that I skipped a few years back all Timm Batman books of a friend of mine, because I considered them back then as to childish.

I was so stupid back then :(

Yeah, I had some friends like that too growing up... that 90s extreme muscles upon muscles upon pouches upon belts was still blinding some folks when it came to comic book art.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, I had some friends like that too growing up... that 90s extreme muscles upon muscles upon pouches upon belts was still blinding some folks when it came to comic book art.
The most important change in my taste in comic books are that I now love artists like Marcos Martin, Bruce Timm and Mike Allred.

The Star Wars series so far has been great, but this issue of Vader blew it out of the water. I feel like Star Wars fell a little flat on Vader's voice in the second issue, but Gillen has it down perfectly.
The back and forth between him and Jabba was great.
The art was also a step above Star Wars, particularly regarding Vader's saber. Really enjoying the political atmosphere as well, best book I read this week.

Just signed up for the Scribd trial, any essential comics on there that I should read?

Some stuff I have in my library that's good:
Avengers by Kurt Busiek
New X-Men
Daredevil by Bendis (really anything Daredevil they have is good)
Ultimate Spider-Man
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (current series, first volume is Change is Constant)
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye
Thunderbolts by Warren Ellis

jordisok

I prefer black bezels on the ipad because with the ipad's screen ratio you get black borders on the sides of portrait mode reading, if you have a white bezel than you get zebra mode going on white comic page border then a black border for screen size then a white bezel.

I have a iPad Mini 2 and i'm in love with it.

I can whip it out in public and no one notices.

Thanks, gonna go black bezel I think.

Also been filling in the blanks in my Morales spider-man reads, how the hell had I not read the Spider-Men limited before?? sogood.gif

Hows the ultimate morales book been since the restart? Haven't read any of it yet

Isak_Borg

Thanks, gonna go black bezel I think.

Also been filling in the blanks in my Morales spider-man reads, how the hell had I not read the Spider-Men limited before?? sogood.gif

Hows the ultimate morales book been since the restart? Haven't read any of it yet

It's decent, it's basically been in a holding pattern for the past couple of issues while they sort out the mind meld but I love Miles so it's still one of my fav reads.

DagsJT

Some stuff I have in my library that's good:
Avengers by Kurt Busiek
New X-Men
Daredevil by Bendis (really anything Daredevil they have is good)
Ultimate Spider-Man
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (current series, first volume is Change is Constant)
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye
Thunderbolts by Warren Ellis

Thanks!

Finished reading Parker: The Hunter. An amazing read. I think I will need to track down the Martini Edition.

yeeeees he's such an unbelievable shitheel

[IG]http://s8.postimg.org/44xbwyqvp/RSs_P_TH_030.jpg[/IMG]

Yep, an absolute Cunt. One usually expects the lead character to have some redeeming quality or the other. Got nothing here.

Can't wait for Cooke's new book, hopefully it's solicited for May.

Is it a Parker book or is this something else.

The Outfit is even better (the best, actually)

I just starter reading this, off to a great start.

Top Bottom